Part I: Listening Comprehension
第一部分:听力理解
Section A: In this section, you will hear five short conversations. Each conversation will be read only once.
第一节:在本节中,你将听到五段短对话。每段对话只读一遍。
At the end of each conversation, there will be a fifteen-second pause.
每段对话后有15秒钟的停顿。
During the pause, read the question and the four choices marked A, B, C and D, and decide which is the best answer.
在停顿期间,阅读问题和A、B、C、D四个选项,并选出最佳答案。
Then mark the corresponding letter on the answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
然后在答题纸上用一条线标出相应的字母,线划在字母的中间。
1.I’ve done yoga for ages, but I didn’t know you were interested in Eastern philosophy.
1.我练瑜伽很久了,但我不知道你对东方哲学感兴趣。
Philosophy? No, I just do it because it helps me relax.
哲学?不,我这么做只是因为它能帮助我放松。
Right. It’s a shame, really.
没错。真遗憾。
People in the West just see yoga as a form of exercise, whereas in fact the postures are a preparation for meditation.
西方人只是将瑜伽视为一种锻炼形式,而实际上瑜伽姿势是冥想的一种准备。
Well, I’ve just started, and I’m happy to be feeling less stressed and a little more flexible.
嗯,我才刚刚开始,我很高兴感觉到压力减轻了,身体变得更灵活了。
2.Did I ever tell you about my landlord?
2.我跟你提过我的房东吗?
No, what happened?
没有,发生了什么事?
Well, one month I forgot to pay the rent on time.
有一个月我忘了按时交房租。
So anyway, I crashed out on the sofa, and suddenly there was this really loud banging on the door.
不管怎样,我在沙发上睡着了,突然传来一阵非常大的敲门声。
And before I could open it I heard this crash.
我还没来得及去开门,就听到了撞击声。
He’d kicked the door open.
他把门踢开了。
You’re joking.
你在开玩笑吧。
So what happened next?
那么接下来发生了什么呢?
He kept asking me where the money was and wouldn’t listen to me.
他一直问我钱在哪里,不听我说话。
3.Can I get you another drink?
3.要我再给你拿一杯喝的吗?
No, thanks. I’m OK.
不用了,谢谢。我还好。
I’m playing golf first thing in the morning, so I want to have my wits about me.
我早上做的第一件事就是打高尔夫球,所以我想保持头脑清醒。
Kate and I play golf now and again.
凯特和我偶尔打高尔夫球。
We should get together for a game sometime.
我们应该找个时间聚在一起打一场比赛。
4.Why don’t you do a computer course?
4.你为什么不上计算机课呢?
I’m getting a bit old to learn new things.
我年纪大了,学不了新东西了。
I don’t really know anything about computer technology.
我对计算机技术一窍不通。
Come off it.
别胡说。
Tons of adults study as adults these years.
这些年来,很多成年人都在学习。
Everyone in the class will be in the same boat. Go on!
班上每个人的处境都一样。去吧!
OK, you’ve talked me into it.
好吧,你说服我了。
I’ll enquire about the course this week.
我会咨询本周有关课程的情况。
5.I hear you’re taking a year off work to travel.
5.我听说你要休一年假去旅行。
Where’re you planning to go?
你打算去哪里?
Well, I want to see as much of the world as possible but I want to get away from the populated areas and the constantly busy city life.
嗯,我想尽可能多地看看世界,但我想远离人口稠密的地区和不断忙碌的城市生活。
Well, it sounds like you’ll be busy.
嗯,听起来你会很忙。
I sure will and I’ll have to rough it, but I love camping so I’ll be in my element!
我当然会的,我暂时会过艰苦的生活,但我喜欢露营,所以我会很享受!