手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 中国名著 > 西游记英文版 > 正文

《西游记》第二十七章:人参果

编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Journey to the West Chapter 27 The Ginseng Fruit

《西游记》第二十七章:人参果

The Tang Monk trembled with fear. The animals showed their fangs.

唐僧吓得浑身发抖。那些猛兽亮出了凶恶的尖牙。

"Master!" cried Wukong. The monkey was running fast.

“师父!” 悟空大叫。悟空迅速跑过来。

He swung his iron bar, and the animals ran back into the forest.

他挥舞着金箍棒,那些猛兽都跑回了森林里。

Wukong smiled. "Sorry for making the horse run, Master. I thought it would be funny."

悟空笑了。“抱歉,我让马跑了,师父。我以为会很有趣。”

The Tang Monk frowned. "It wasn't funny at all! Those beasts were going to attack me!"

唐僧皱眉。“这可不是玩笑!那些猛兽本来是要攻击我的!”

"Nonsense," said Wukong. "You never have to fear any wild animals. You have three powerful companions."

“不会的。” 悟空说,“你不用害怕任何猛兽。你有三个厉害的徒弟呢。”

Bajie and Wujing soon caught up to them. They all continued along the road.

八戒和悟净很快追了过来。他们又继续上路了。

The Tang Monk pointed to a building up ahead.

唐僧指着前方的一个建筑物。

"That looks like a Daoist abbey." "I'm sure the abbey's priests will let us rest for a while," said Wujing.

“那看上去像个道观。”“我肯定,那道观里的道长会让我们进去休息一会儿的。” 悟净说。

When they reached the abbey, Bajie knocked on the door. Two priests opened it.

他们到了道观门前,八戒敲了敲门。两个道士打开了门。

"I'm here with the Tang Monk," said the pig. "May we come in?"

“我和唐僧一起来的。” 八戒说,“我们能进来吗?”

The priests looked at the Tang Monk. "Our master told us about you," said one of them.

道士看了看唐僧。“我们师父说起过你。” 一个道士说,

"He said you would travel past our abbey someday. Please, come in."

“他说你有一天会路过我们的道观。请进来吧。”

"Who is your master?" asked the Tang Monk. "How did he know about me?"

“你们的师父是谁?” 唐僧问,“他怎么会知道我?”

"Our master is the Great Immortal," said the first priest. "He is very wise and powerful."

“我们的师父是镇元大仙。” 第一个道士说,“他很有智慧,也很厉害。”

Wukong laughed. "I've never heard of him. I doubt he's very powerful."

悟空大笑:“我从没听说过他。我怀疑他是不是真的很厉害。”

The Tang Monk scowled. "Show some respect, Wukong," he whispered.

唐僧皱起了眉头。“要有礼貌,悟空。” 他低声说。

The priests looked annoyed.

道士们看上去有点儿生气了。

"Our master is visiting friends in Heaven right now. If he wasn't powerful, he wouldn't be able to do that."

“我们的师父现在去天庭访客了。如果他不厉害,他根本没法去天庭。”

Wukong shrugged. "I used to live in Heaven. The place isn't that great."

悟空耸耸肩。“我以前还住在天庭呢。那地方也没那么好。”

"Wukong," said the Tang Monk. "Please go outside and tend the horse."

“悟空。” 唐僧说,“你去外面看马吧。”

Wukong went back outside. Wujing went out to get the bags.

悟空去了外面。悟净也出去拿包裹了。

"May I use the kitchen?" asked Bajie. "I want to cook some food for the Tang Monk."

“我能用厨房吗?” 八戒说,“我想给唐僧做点儿饭。”

"It's through that door," said one priest. He pointed to a door in the back of the room.

“从那扇门过去就是了。” 一个道士说。他指着房间后面的门。

Bajie went into the kitchen while the Tang Monk talked to the priests.

八戒去了厨房,而唐僧则继续和道士们交谈。

"There's a ginseng tree behind the abbey," said one priest.

“道观后院有棵人参果树。” 一个道士说。

"Its fruit takes ten thousand years to become ripe.

“那果子要一万年才能成熟。

According to legend, one bite of the fruit will make you live forever. Would you like one?"

传说只要吃上一口人参果就能长生不老。你想吃一个吗?”

"A fruit like that is a true treasure," said the Tang Monk. "Will your master be upset if I eat it?"

“那样的果子确实是宝贝。” 唐僧说,“如果我吃了的话,你们的师父会不会不高兴啊?”

"Our master said we could give you one," said the other priest.

“我们师父说了,我们可以给你一个。” 另一个道士说,

"We'll go and cut one down."The two priests went outside. A moment later they came back in with a tray.

“我们去摘一个下来。”两个道士去了外面。过了一会儿,他们拿着一个托盘回来了。

The Tang Monk screamed. On the tray lay a tiny sleeping baby.

唐僧尖叫了起来。那托盘上躺着一个睡着的小婴儿。

"I can't eat that," cried the monk. "It—it's a baby!" "It's not a baby," said one priest.

“我不能吃这个。” 唐僧大叫,“这是个婴儿啊!”“这不是婴儿。” 一个道士说,

"It's a ginseng fruit. It only looks like a baby to you because you're a mortal."

“这是人参果。因为你是凡人,所以在你眼里它才是个婴儿的模样。”

"Please take it away!" cried the Tang Monk. The priests tried to convince him that the fruit wasn't a baby.

“请把它拿开!” 唐僧大叫。道士们想要说服唐僧——这果子并不是婴儿。

But the monk just shook his head. The priests took the ginseng fruit out of the room and into a hallway.

唐僧一直摇头说不吃。道士们拿着人参果出了房间去了走廊。

"We shouldn't waste this fruit," said one priest. "No," said the other.

“我们不应该浪费这个果子。” 一个道士说。“对!” 另一个道士说,

"It is too delicious and valuable. Let's eat it ourselves."

“这果子太好吃也太珍贵了。我们就自己吃了吧。”

The two priests shared the ginseng fruit. Bajie was in the kitchen nearby.

两个道士分着吃了人参果。八戒就在附近的厨房里。

He had heard everything they'd said. His stomach growled.

他听到了道士们说的一切。他的胃开始咕咕作响。

"That fruit sounds wonderful," said Bajie to himself. "I want some too!"

“听起来那果子很好吃。” 八戒自言自语地说,“我也想尝尝!”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
annoyed

想一想再看

adj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy

 
hallway ['hɔ:lwei]

想一想再看

n. 门厅;玄关;走廊

 
tend [tend]

想一想再看

v. 趋向,易于,照料,护理

 
upset [ʌp'set]

想一想再看

adj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的
v. 推翻,

联想记忆
valuable ['væljuəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 贵重的,有价值的
n. (pl.)贵

联想记忆
convince [kən'vins]

想一想再看

vt. 使确信,使信服,说服

联想记忆
legend ['ledʒənd]

想一想再看

n. 传说,传奇

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。