4. We promoted innovation-driven development and stabilized industrial and supply chains.
四是强化创新引领,稳定产业链供应链。
We boosted the development of national laboratories and promoted implementation of major science and technology programs.
加强国家实验室建设,推进重大科技项目实施。
We reformed and refined the management of central government funding for scientific and technological research, increased the proportion of indirect expenses for research projects, and gave institutes more decision-making power over their research.
改革完善中央财政科研经费管理,提高间接费用比例,扩大科研自主权。
We continued the additional tax deduction for R and D expenses and increased this deduction to cover 100 percent of such expenses for manufacturing enterprises.
延续实施研发费用加计扣除政策,将制造业企业研发费用加计扣除比例提高到100%。
Intellectual property right protection was strengthened.
强化知识产权保护。
Weak links in the industrial chains of key industries were reinforced and upgraded.
开展重点产业强链补链行动。
Digital and smart technologies were adopted in traditional industries at a faster rate, and emerging industries maintained good momentum for development.
传统产业数字化智能化改造加快,新兴产业保持良好发展势头。
5. We promoted coordinated development between urban and rural areas and between regions and improved the structure of the economy.
五是推动城乡区域协调发展、不断优化经济布局。
To ensure implementation of all major regional development strategies and the strategy for coordinated regional development, we rolled out new supporting measures and launched several major projects.
落实区域重大战略和区域协调发展战略,出台新的支持举措,实施一批重大项目。
Urbanization with the focus on county seats was promoted.
推进以县城为重要载体的城镇化建设。
To help bolster agricultural production, we ensured agricultural supplies and issued one-time subsidies totaling 20 billion yuan to grain growers.
加强农业生产。保障农资供应,对种粮农民一次性发放200亿元补贴。
We advanced rural revitalization and designated 160 key counties to receive assistance in pursuing rural revitalization.
推动乡村振兴,确定160个国家乡村振兴重点帮扶县。
A five-year program to improve the rural living environment also got under way.
实施农村人居环境整治提升五年行动。
6. We strengthened environmental protection and promoted sustainable development.
六是加强生态环境保护,促进可持续发展。
We consolidated our gains in keeping the skies blue, waters clear, and land pollution-free.
巩固蓝天、碧水、净土保卫战成果。
We encouraged farmers to use chemical fertilizer and pesticide more efficiently and promoted the recycling of livestock and poultry waste.
推动化肥农药减量增效和畜禽养殖废弃物资源化利用。
We continued major projects to protect and restore ecosystems, and fully enforced the ten-year fishing ban on the Yangtze River.
持续推进生态保护修复重大工程,全面实施长江十年禁渔。
China’s installed capacity of renewable power exceeded one billion kilowatts.
可再生能源发电装机规模突破10亿千瓦。
An action plan for peaking carbon emissions by 2030 was unveiled.
出台碳达峰行动方案。
The China Carbon Emission Trade Exchange was launched.
启动全国碳排放权交易市场。
We took active steps to respond to climate change.
积极应对气候变化。
7. We worked to ensure and improve the people’s wellbeing and accelerated development of social programs.
七是着力保障和改善民生,加快发展社会事业。
We intensified efforts to shore up weak links in rural compulsory education, and increased subsidies in the nutrition improvement program for compulsory-education students in rural areas, benefiting over 37 million students.
加大农村义务教育薄弱环节建设力度,提高学生营养改善计划补助标准。3700多万学生受益。
We reduced the homework load and eased the off-campus tutoring burden on students in compulsory education.
减轻义务教育阶段学生作业负担和校外培训负担。
We surpassed the targets set in the three-year enrollment expansion initiative for vocational colleges.
超额完成高职扩招三年行动目标。
The cap for government-subsidized student loans was raised by 4,000 yuan per person per year, benefiting over five million students.
国家助学贷款每人每年最高额度增加4000元,惠及500多万在校生。
The basic pension for retirees was increased.
上调退休人员基本养老金。
Benefits were raised for entitled groups.
提高优抚标准。
To improve assistance and support for those in need, the scope of the subsistence allowance scheme was expanded to include people with serious illness or severe disability from families just outside the margin of eligibility.
将低保边缘家庭重病重残人员纳入低保范围,做好困难群众帮扶救助。
We reformed the system for disease prevention and control.
改革疾病预防控制体系。
Outpatient bills for more common illnesses became reimbursable under the basic medical insurance scheme, and 60 percent of cross-provincial inpatient medical expenses were directly settled where they were incurred.
把更多常见病等门诊费用纳入医保报销范围,住院费用跨省直接结算率达到60%。
We tightened up regulation and supervision of drugs and vaccines.
严格药品疫苗监管。
The three-child policy was implemented.
实施三孩生育政策。
Elderly services were improved.
加强养老服务。
Government-subsidized rental housing was increased at a faster pace.
加快发展保障性租赁住房。
We developed cultural programs and the cultural sector, and launched new cultural projects to benefit the public.
繁荣发展文化事业和文化产业、创新实施文化惠民工程。
A sound online environment was fostered.
营造良好网络生态。
Chinese athletes achieved great success in the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
我国体育健儿在东京奥运会、残奥会上勇创佳绩。
And thanks to meticulous preparation, China has presented the world with a simple, safe, and splendid 2022 Winter Olympic Games.
经过精心筹备,我们成功举办了简约、安全、精彩的北京冬奥会,
The Paralympic Games, which has just opened, will undoubtedly also be a great success.
也一定能办好刚刚开幕的冬残奥会。