Over 300,000 years ago, Neanderthals spread from Russia to the Atlantic coast.
30 多万年前 尼安德特人从俄罗斯蔓延到了大西洋沿岸
Until suddenly, they disappeared.
直到突然 他们消失了
What went wrong?
出了什么问题?
When you think what's gone on in the world, there she sat, under a great mass of rocks.
想想世界上发生的事情 她就坐在那里 在一大堆岩石下
We come along, against all odds, and find her.
我们一路走来 克服重重困难 找到了她
Public perception of Neanderthals was that they had no finer feelings, no higher thought.
公众对尼安德特人的看法是 他们没有更细腻的情感 没有更高端的思想
They were much more complicated than we thought.
他们比我们想象的要复杂得多
We've got tens of thousands of artifacts that we found in the last 30 years.
过去 30 年中 我们发现了数以万计的文物
They are as human as us, but still, there are differences.
他们和我们一样是人 但是 还是有区别的
It's made us reflect on what does it mean to be human?
它让我们思考 身为人意味着什么?
How we deal with death.
我们如何对待死亡
Perhaps it's the first signs of spiritual evolution and religion.
也许这是精神进化和宗教的最初迹象
You can be very highly adapted, you can do very well on a planet, like we would argue, perhaps, we are doing today, but just beware.
你可以高度适应 你可以在一个星球上做得很好 比如我们可能会认为就像我们如今这样 但是要当心