It would no longer be one person running as fast as they could against another person.
这将不再是一个人以最快的速度与另一个人竞争。
But Oscar firmly disagrees with the IAAF.
但奥斯卡坚决反对国际田联的观点。
"There has never been a disabled athlete running in the Olympics.
他说:“从来没有残疾人运动员参加过奥运会。
There is a fear of change."
这有一种对变化的恐惧。
Tanni- Grey-Thompson, a famous wheel-chair athlete, agrees with Oscar.
著名的轮椅运动员坦尼-格雷-汤普森同意奥斯卡的观点。
She says:"When Oscar was running less quickly, everyone was happy.
她说:“当奥斯卡跑得不那么快的时候,每个人都很开心。
But as soon as he started getting fast times, that was it.
但一旦他开始变快,就会这样。
People will say that Oscar can choose how big and long his blades will be.
人们会说,奥斯卡可以选择他的刀片的大小和长度。
So maybe that gives him an unfair advantage.
因此,或许这给了他一个不公平的优势。
But I think it is probably more of a disadvantage to be running with two lower limbs missing."
但我认为,如果在跑步时失去两条腿,那可能是更不利的。”
And Oscar believes that he owes his success to himself, not to the blades.
奥斯卡认为他的成功归功于他自己,而不是刀片。
"I train harder than any of the other men do.
他说:“我比其他任何人训练都刻苦。
I eat better.
我吃得更好。
I sleep better.
我保持充足的睡眠。
I rest better.
我休息更好。
And overall, I am more hard-working."
总体而言,我更努力。”
So, will we see Oscar run at the Olympics?
那么,我们会在奥运会上看到奥斯卡参赛吗?
Time will tell.
时间会证明一切。
But there is no question about his amazing running ability.
但毫无疑问,他拥有惊人的跑步能力。
And Oscar is a great example to other people with the same condition as him.
奥斯卡是与他有相同情况的人的一个很好的榜样。
He says: "You know, it is no disability at the end of the day.
他说:“你知道,在一天结束的时候,这不是残疾。
It can work to your advantage.
这可以是你的优势。
You must not think of it as a disability.
你不能想这是一种残疾。
Just continue through life as normal."
就像往常一样继续生活吧。”