I just want to speak very briefly about the school shooting in Nashville, Tennessee.
我想简单谈一下发生在田纳西州纳什维尔的校园枪击案。
You know Ben and I have been doing this our whole careers, it seems, and it's just, it's sick.
我和本的工作都在处理这种事,似乎,这太令人反感了。
You know, we're still gathering the facts of what happened and why.
我们还在收集事实真相以及原因。
And we do know that as of now, there are a number of people who are not going to, did not make it, including children.
我们知道,到目前为止,有很多人没有存活下来,包括孩子们。
It's heartbreaking.
这令人心碎。
A family's worst nightmare.
一个家庭最可怕的噩梦。
And I want to commend the police who responded incredibly swiftly within minutes, and the danger.
我要赞扬警方,他们在几分钟内就迅速做出了难以置信的反应,处理危机。
We're monitoring the situation really closely, Ben, as you know.
我们正在密切关注事态发展,本,你也知道。
And we have to do more to stop gun violence.
我们必须采取更多措施制止枪支暴力。
It's ripping our communities apart, ripping a soul, this nation, ripping at the very soul of the nation.
它正在撕裂我们的社区,撕裂一个灵魂,撕裂这个国家,撕裂这个国家的灵魂。
And we, we have to do more to protect our schools so they aren't turned into prisons.
我们必须采取更多措施保护我们的学校,不让它们变成监狱。
You know the shooter in this situation reportedly had two assault weapons and a pistol.
据报道,枪手有两把攻击性武器和一把手枪。
Two AK-47s.
两个ak - 47突击步枪。
So I call on Congress again to pass my assault weapons ban.
所以我再次呼吁国会通过我的攻击性武器禁令。
It's about time that we began to make some more progress, but there's more to learn.
现在是我们开始取得更大进展的时候了,但还有更多要学习的。
But I just wanted to send my concern and hearts out to so many parents out there.
但我只想把我的关心和同情送给如此多的父母。