Hi, John, how are you doing today?
嗨,约翰,你今天过得好吗?
Not so good. I'm sad about one of my students. Listen to what they wrote:
不太好。我因为我的一个学生而感到难过。听听他们是怎么写的:
Every time I open a grammar book, I fall asleep.
每当我打开语法书,我就睡着了。
I feel the same way sometimes.
有时候我也有同样的感觉。
Really? Every time I open a grammar book, my heart fills with joy.
真的吗?每当我打开语法书,我的心里就充满了喜悦。
I understand - you don't have many friends.
我明白,毕竟你的朋友不多。
Hey! That's not nice.
嘿!这可不好。
I'm only joking, John.
我只是在开玩笑,约翰。
You know, what your student wrote gives a valuable grammar lesson.
根据你的学生写的东西,我们可以展开一堂有价值的语法课。
Really?
真的吗?
Yes--that's the adjective and verb form we often use to describe repeated, regular events.
是的--就是我们经常用来描述重复的、有规律的事件的形容词和动词形式。
I guess...They used the adjective "every".
我猜……他们用了形容词“every”。
And the simple present verb form--"I open" and "I fall asleep."
还有一般现在时的动词形式——“I open”和“I fall asleep”。
Every time I open a grammar book, I fall asleep.
每当我打开语法书,我就睡着了。
Yes, the simple present doesn't always express present time.
是的,一般现在时并不总是表示现在的时间。
It also shows that actions are repeated.
它还表示重复的动作。
We call these repeated actions habits.
我们把这些重复的动作称为习惯。
John, you have the habit of getting sad when your students say they don't like grammar books.
约翰,当你的学生说他们不喜欢语法书时,你总是很难过。
Yes, that's right.
是的,没错。
But did you notice that the student used the correct structure?
但你有没有注意到那个学生使用了正确的结构?
Yes, they did.
是的,他们使用的是正确的结构。
So, maybe your students are still learning grammar in your class--even if they fall asleep.
因此,也许你的学生仍然在你的课堂上学习语法,即使他们睡着了。
That's a nice way to think about it!
这是一种很好的思考方式!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的《每日语法》。