Hi, Dr.Jill! What are you up to today?
嗨,吉尔博士!你今天要做什么?
I'm looking back at my journal notes from the time I spent in the Alaskan wilderness.
我正在回顾我在阿拉斯加荒野度过的那段时间的日记。
Wow! How long did you live in the woods?
哇!你在森林里住了多久?
About one year.
大约一年。
I enjoyed it for the most part, but I got tired of fighting off grizzly bears.
大部分时间我都很享受,但我厌倦了与灰熊搏斗。
Every day I woke up at dawn.
每天我都在黎明时分醒来。
I built a fire; I made coffee; I cooked fresh salmon.
我生火,煮咖啡,烤新鲜的三文鱼。
Wow! You know, the way you described your daily activities reminds me of common sentence patterns in English.
哇!你描述日常活动的方式让我想起了英语中常见的句型。
Right! Subject; verb; direct object!
没错!主语;动词;直接宾语!
The direct object is the recipient of the verb's action.
直接宾语是动词动作的接受者。
It is often a noun phrase: a group of words that acts like a noun in the sentence.
它通常是名词短语:在句子中充当名词的词组。
So, when you said, "I built a fire," the subject is "I", the verb is "built," and the direct object is the noun phrase, "a fire.'
因此,当你说“I built a fire”时,主语是“I”,动词是“built”,直接宾语是名词短语“a fire”。
Or, when you said, "I cooked fresh salmon," the subject is "I", the verb is "cooked", and the direct object is the noun phrase, "fresh salmon".
或者,当你说“I cooked fresh salmon”时,主语是“I”,动词是“cooked”,直接宾语是名词短语“fresh salmon”。
Yes, we often describe daily activities in this way.
是的,我们经常这样描述日常活动。
Sometimes we add an indirect object: the person or thing affected by the verb's action.
有时我们加一个间接宾语:受动词动作影响的人或物。
As in, "I sent my friends smoke signals."
比如,“我向我的朋友们发了烟雾信号。”
That's right! The direct object is "smoke signals" and the indirect object is "my friends."
没错!直接宾语是“smoke signals”,间接宾语是“my friends”。
So, what happened with those grizzly bears?
那么,那些灰熊怎么样了?
Oh, I chased them away.
哦,我把它们赶走了。
And that's Everyday Grammar!
以上就是今天的《每日语法》!