手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 课外名著 > 一条狗的使命 > 正文

第十四章 伊森家被纵火(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Daisy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

“Oh, you don’t know him.”

“哦,可是你都不了解他。”

“I don’t care,” Hannah replied.

“我不在乎,”汉娜回答。

“You shouldn’t have said he doesn’t have any friends.”

“你不应该说他一个朋友都没有。”

“Well, he doesn’t. He’s always doing stuff, like when he said this one guy stole his transistor radio. The whole thing was a lie.”

“可是他确实没有朋友。他总是会做一些事情,比如他说一个人偷了他的晶体管收音机。但其实都是在撒谎。”

“He’s not . . . there’s something different about him, right? Like is he in special education?”

“他不是……他有些与众不同,是不?他是有接受什么特殊教育吗?”

“Oh no, he’s really smart. That’s not it.

“不是,他真的很聪明。不是教育的问题。

He’s just Todd, that’s all. He’s always been twisted, you know?

只因为他是托德,这是唯一的原因。他一直都是扭曲的,你懂吗?

We used to be friends, when we were kids.

小时候我们是朋友。

But he had all these weird ideas for what was fun, like throwing eggs at the preschoolers when they were waiting for the van to summer school.

但他对好玩的事总有各种古怪的定义,比如在学前班的孩子们等着送他们去暑期学校的车时朝他们扔鸡蛋。

I told him I didn’t want to do it—his own sister was one of the kids;

我跟他说了我不想做——而且他自己的妹妹就是学前班孩子中的一个;

I mean, come on—and so he just stomped on the carton of eggs he’d brought over.

他还把他带到我家来的所有鸡蛋重重地踩碎了。

Made a mess in my driveway that I had to hose off before my dad got home.

把我家的车道弄得一片狼藉,我不得不在爸爸回家之前用水管冲洗干净。

Bailey liked that part, though.”

不过贝利还挺喜欢这个过程的。”

I wagged at my name, glad to think we might be talking about me, now.

我听到自己的名字,便摇了摇尾巴,很高兴现在可能在说跟我有关的事。

“I’ll bet he did,” Hannah laughed, reaching down and petting me.

“说贝利开心,我确实信,”汉娜笑着,俯下身来抚摸着我。

A few days after Hannah left, the snow came down and the wind blew so hard that we stayed inside all day, sitting in front of the heater.

汉娜走后的几天,雪下得很大,风刮得很大,我们一整天都呆在屋里,坐在暖炉前。

(At least, that is what I did.)

(至少,我自己是这样的。)

That night I slept under the covers on Ethan’s bed, and stayed there even when I got so hot I panted,

那天晚上,我睡在伊森的床上,盖着被子,即使我热得喘不过气来,我也一直没动,

just because it was so wonderful to be pressed up against him like when I was a puppy.

只是因为能像我小时候那样紧紧跟伊森贴在一起的感觉太棒了。

The next morning the snow finally stopped and Ethan and I went outside and dug for hours in the driveway.

第二天早上,雪终于停了,我和伊森走到外面,在车道上挖了几个小时的雪。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
twisted ['twistid]

想一想再看

adj. 扭曲的 v. 扭动(twist的过去式)

 
smart [smɑ:t]

想一想再看

adj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。