“I have to pick up my sister. Linda!” Todd yelled, cupping his hands.
“我得去接我妹妹琳达了!”托德喊道,双手捧在一起。
“Come home now!” Linda detached herself from her pile of friends and trudged through the snow dejectedly.
“现在就回家!”琳达离开了朋友们,沮丧地穿过了雪地。
“He’s . . . he’s the one I talked to,” Hannah told Ethan.
“他……就是之前跟我说话的那个人。”汉娜告诉伊桑。
Some worry flickered through Hannah, and I glanced at her curiously, then jerked my head at Ethan when I felt a rising anger from him.
汉娜心中闪过一丝忧虑,我好奇地瞥了她一眼,然后当我把头转向伊森时,我感到伊森的怒气值越来越高。
“Wait, what? You? Todd, you were the person who told Hannah I’d been with Michele? I don’t even know Michele.”
“等等,什么?是你说的吗?托德,是你告诉汉娜我和米歇尔在一起的?我根本都不认识米歇尔。”
“I got to go,” Todd mumbled.
“我得走了,”托德喃喃地说。
“Get in the car, Linda,” he told his sister.
“上车,琳达。”
“No, wait,” Ethan said.
“别,等等,”伊桑说。
He reached his hand out and Todd jerked away from it.
伊森伸出手,但托德猛地把手抽开。
“Ethan,” Hannah murmured, putting a mitten on his arm.
“伊森,”汉娜说,把手套放在他的手臂上。
“Why would you do that, Todd? Why would you lie? What’s wrong with you, man?”
“你为什么这么做,托德?”你为什么要撒谎?你怎么回事啊兄弟?”
Though the conflicts and emotions boiling through Todd were hot enough to melt the snow we were standing on,
虽然托德内心的矛盾和情绪滚烫到足以融化我们脚下的积雪,
he just stood there, staring back at Ethan, not saying a word.
他只是站在那里,回望着伊森,一句话也没说。
“This is why you don’t have any friends, Todd. Why can’t you just be normal? You’re always doing stupid things like this,” Ethan said. “It’s sick.”
“这就是你没有朋友的原因,托德。为什么你不能做个正常人?你总是做这种傻事。这样是有问题的”伊桑说。
The anger was leaving him, but I could feel how upset he still was.
他身上愤怒的情绪正在消减,但我能感觉到他非常的心烦意乱。
“Ethan,” Hannah said more sharply.
“伊森别说了”汉娜更严厉地说。
Todd wordlessly got in his car, slamming the door.
托德一言不发地进了车,砰地一声关上门。
His face, when he looked back at Hannah and Ethan, was absolutely blank.
当他回头看汉娜和伊森时,他的脸上毫无表情。
“That was mean,” Hannah said.
“这样说太刻薄了,”汉娜说。