I scratched the door. I chewed on some shoes. I ripped up my dog bed.
我挠了门,啃了几双鞋,还把我的狗窝咬破了。
I found a trash bag full of clothing, tore it open the way Mother had when we were scavenging for garbage, and strewed the clothes around the garage.
我发现了一个装满衣服的垃圾袋,我把那袋子用我之前和妈妈从垃圾里觅食的方式撕破,把衣服撇在车库里,到处都是。
I peed in one corner and pooped in the other corner.
我在一个角落里小便,在另一个角落里大便。
I tipped over a metal container and ate some pieces of chicken and some spaghetti and a waffle, and licked out a can of fish that smelled like Smokey’s breath.
我打翻了一个金属容器,吃了几片鸡肉、一些意大利面和一块华夫饼,又舔光了一个闻起来像斯莫基呼出来的气味很像的鱼罐头。
I ate some paper. I knocked over my water dish and chewed on it. There was nothing to do.
我啃了一些纸。我把我喝水的容器打翻了,还咬了几下并把它嚼碎了。我真的好无聊啊。
After what seemed like the longest day of my life, I heard Mom’s car pull into the driveway.
在经历了我生命中最漫长的一天后,我听到妈妈的车驶进了车道。
Her car door slammed, and I heard running feet pound through the house.
她的车门砰的一声关上了,我听到脚步声离房子越来越近。
“Bailey!” the boy shouted, opening the door.
“贝利!”男孩喊道,打开了门。
I tackled him, overjoyed that we had ended this madness forever.
我迎接了他,为我们终于结束了这疯狂的一天而欣喜若狂。
But he stood staring at the garage.
但他站在那里盯着车库。
“Oh, Bailey,” he said, sounding sad.
“哦,贝利,”他的声音听起来很悲伤。
Full of manic energy, I burst past him and skittered around in the house, leaping over furniture.
我疯狂一般地从他身边冲过去,在房子里跳来跳去,越过家具,蹦的很开心。
I spotted Smokey and took off in pursuit, chasing him up the stairs and barking when he dove under Mom and Dad’s bed.
我发现了斯莫基,就追了上去,把他追上了楼梯。当他冲到爸爸妈妈的床底下时,我就冲它叫。
“Bailey!” Mom called to me sternly.
“贝利!”妈妈严厉地叫我。
“Bad dog, Bailey,” the boy said crossly.
“你怎么这么不乖呢,贝利,”男孩生气地说。
I was astounded at this false accusation. Bad? I’d been accidentally locked in the garage but was more than willing to forgive them.
我对这一诬告感到震惊。我坏吗?我不小心被锁在了车库里,但我却愿意原谅他们。
Why were they scowling at me like that, shaking their fingers at me?
他们为什么那样瞪着我,还对我摇着手指?