Are you busy, John?
约翰,你忙吗?
I was wondering if you could help me teach another conditional.
我在想你能不能帮我教另一个条件句。
I am busy--I'm still unpacking my home office.
我很忙——我还在整理我的家庭办公室。
That's right--I heard you moved last week.
对呀,我听说你上周搬家了。
Are you finding a place for everything?
你在找放东西的地方吗?
If I had a bigger office, I would be finding a place for everything.
如果我有一间更大的办公室,我会找到一个能放下所有东西的地方。
As you can see, I'm not!
如你所见,我没有!
But you just helped me anyway!
但不管怎样,你还是帮了我!
How's that?
这是怎么回事?
That's a perfect example--the first part is not real--you don't have a bigger office.
这是一个极好的例子——第一部分不是真实的——你没有一间更大的办公室。
So you used the past tense--had--to make a conditional sentence with would.
所以你用过去时——had——和would一起构成条件句。
Aha! So I said, "If I had a bigger office..."
啊哈!所以我说,“如果我有一间更大的办公室......”
And in the second part, you used a modal--would--with the continuous form: "I would be finding a place for everything."
在第二部分中,你使用了一个情态动词——would——和进行时:“我会找到一个能放下所有东西的地方。”
I get it--I think they call that the second conditional with the continuous.
我明白了——我想他们把它叫做进行时态的第二条件句。
I'm still stuck with too many books here.
我这里的书还是太多了。
I do have some advice, John.
我确实有一些建议,约翰。
If I were you, I would get a bigger bookshelf. Like mine.
如果我是你,我会买一个更大的书架。就像我的书架一样。
There's another good example--you used the subjunctive--were--to set up an unreal condition.
另一个很好的例子——你使用了虚拟语气——were——构成了一个不真实的条件句。
You are NOT me.
你不是我。
But I can help you.
但我可以帮你。
I know where you can buy really cheap bookshelves.
我知道哪里可以买到非常便宜的书架。
Let me give you the address.
我把地址给你。
Thanks! And that's Everyday Grammar!
谢谢!以上就是今天的《每日语法》!