Dr. Jill, did you have any problems in the storm last night?
吉尔博士,昨晚发生暴风雨的时候,你遇到什么问题了吗?
We lost electricity for a while.
我们停了一会儿电。
I sure did. A big tree fell on my house!
我当然遇见问题了。一棵大树倒在我的房子上了!
Part of it came through the kitchen window!
那棵树的一部分撞碎了厨房的窗户伸进屋里!
Oh, was anyone hurt?
哦,有人受伤吗?
No, but if I had been home, I would have been sitting there at the kitchen table, watching the storm.
没有,但如果我当时在家里,我会坐在厨房的桌子旁,看暴风雨。
Luckily, I was at a friend's house.
幸运的是,我当时在一个朋友家。
You are so lucky! And I'm lucky, too.
你真幸运!我也很幸运。
Why is that?
为什么呢?
You just gave me a good sentence for another third conditional.
你刚刚给了我一个有关另一种第三条件句的很好的句子。
You can also call it the perfect continuous conditional.
你也可以称之为现在完成进行时条件句。
We use it to talk about something that did not happen.
我们用它来谈论一些没有发生的事情。
This form uses would + have + been + verb + ing and another clause with "if" or "but".
其结构是:would+have+been+v.-ing和另一个含有“if”或“but”的从句。
Like this: I would have been playing music with my band last night, but there was no electricity.
比如:我昨晚本可以和我的乐队一起演奏音乐,但是没有电。
Right, no electric guitar or keyboard.
没错,没有电吉他或键盘。
Here's another way to say that: If the electricity had not been out, you would have been playing music last night.
另一种说法是:如果昨晚没有停电,你就在演奏音乐了。
Thanks for helping me talk about the things that didn't happen, Dr. Jill!
谢谢你帮我谈论那些没有发生的事情,吉尔博士!
And that's Everyday Grammar!
以上就是今天的《每日语法》!