Were you ever told that you are gifted?
有人告诉过你你天赋异禀吗?
The term "gifted" usually refers to individuals with unique abilities that set them apart from their peers.
“天赋异禀”一词通常指的是具有独特能力的人,使他们有别于同龄人。
Even if you don't think yourself as gifted, you may be surprised to learn that you share some of the same traits.
即使你不认为自己有天赋,你也会惊讶地发现你们有一些相同的特质。
Curious to know what they are?
想知道这些特质是什么吗?
Here are five signs that you are secretly gifted.
这里有五个迹象表明你暗藏天赋。
Number one: you have trouble with languages.
第一:你在语言方面有困难。
Do you often struggle with grammar or vocabulary?
你经常纠结于语法或词汇吗?
According to Boston College professor Ellen Winner, gifted individuals have a unique brain organization where the right hemisphere of the brain dominates the left hemisphere, sometimes even taking over its functions.
波士顿大学教授艾伦·温纳表示,天才有独特的大脑组织,右脑主导左脑,有时甚至会取代左脑的功能。
Since the left hemisphere usually deals with vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension, this may result in an uneven set of mental abilities where language abilities lose out.
由于左脑通常处理词汇、语法和理解,这可能会导致思维能力的不平衡,语言能力则会被忽略。
Professor Winner also noted that over 12,000 students in the United States are both gifted and learning impaired at the same time, with most having dyslexia.
温纳教授还指出,美国有超过1.2万名学生既有天赋,又有学习障碍,其中大多数患有阅读障碍。
One of the best examples of uneven giftedness is Albert Einstein, as he could not speak until the age of three and did not speak fluently until the age of 10.
阿尔伯特·爱因斯坦是这种大脑不平衡的天才的最好例子之一,因为他3岁才会说话,10岁才会流利地说话。
Number two: you are not right-handed.
第二,你不是右撇子。
Are you left-handed or right-handed?
你是左撇子还是右撇子?
In addition to what was mentioned, Professor Winner noted that gifted individuals are more likely to be left-handed or ambidextrous, compared to the general population who are right-handed.
除了上述提到的,温纳教授还指出,与惯用右手的普通人相比,天赋异禀的人更有可能是左撇子或双手都灵巧的人。
Many researchers believe that parental conditions can significantly affect the development of the fetal brain and key psychological outcomes.
许多研究人员认为,父母的条件会显著影响胎儿大脑的发育和关键的心理状况。
Remember how the right hemisphere often dominates over the left hemisphere in gifted brains?
还记得天赋异禀的右脑是如何支配左脑的吗?
The same developmental paths that lead to this brain structure also frequently result in non-right-handedness.
导致这种大脑结构的相同发展路径也经常导致不会经常使用右手。
Number three: you have immune issues.
第三,你有免疫系统问题。
How's your immune system?
你的免疫系统怎么样?
You may not think that the immune system is related to the brain, but there is a common factor between them.
你可能不认为免疫系统与大脑有关,但它们之间有一个共同的因素。
As mentioned previously, prenatal conditions have significant effects on the development of the brain.
如前所述,产前条件对大脑的发育有重大影响。
The exact same conditions that lead to gifted brains also affect the rest of the body, disrupting the functioning of the immune system.
孕育天才大脑的条件也会影响身体的其他部位,破坏免疫系统的功能。
Gifted individuals are noted to have a higher rate of asthma, allergies, and other autoimmune disorders.
天才会患哮喘、过敏和其他自身免疫性疾病的几率更高。
Number four: you have a strong working memory.
第四点:你的工作记忆力很强。
How many things can you remember at the same time?
你能同时记住多少事情?
Research shows that strong working memory can be a sign of a gifted mind.
研究表明,强大的工作记忆力可能是天赋异禀的标志。
This is because gifted people often have a greater ability to solve problems in a creative way.
这是因为有天赋的人通常有更强的能力以创造性的方式解决问题。
They can think out of the box and come up with many fresh perspectives and angles.
他们能跳出思维定式,提出许多新鲜的观点和角度。
And while their thought process may look chaotic and uninhibited, their ability to think on a number of different ideas and thoughts at the same time all of the time reinforces and strengthens their working memory.
虽然他们的思维过程可能看起来混乱、随心所欲,但他们能够在同一时间内能思考许多不同的想法和见解,从而强化和加强他们的工作记忆。
Number five: you have extreme mood swings.
第五:你情绪波动很大。
Does your mood usually go up and down all the time?
你的情绪总是起起伏伏吗?
Research has shown that creatively gifted individuals are at a higher risk for cyclothymia, a mental condition that involves sudden changes between periods of depression and periods of elevated mood called hypomania.
研究表明,有创造性天赋的人患循环性心境障碍的风险更高。这种精神状态包括抑郁期和情绪高涨期之间的突然变化,被称为轻躁狂。
During periods of hypomania, mental recollection may become sharper, emotions intense, and stamina virtually unlimited.
在轻躁期,精神记忆可能变得更敏锐,情绪更强烈,精力几乎无限。
An investigation of high school students even showed that those with the most hypomanic symptoms also had the highest degree of creative achievement.
一项针对高中生的调查甚至显示,那些轻微躁狂症状最严重的学生也有最高程度的创造性成就。
Did you relate to any of the traits mentioned in this video?
你是否与视频中提到的特征有关联?
Let us know in the comments below.
请在下面的评论中告诉我们。
If you found this video helpful, be sure to like, subscribe, and share this video with those who might benefit from it.
如果你觉得这个视频有用,一定要点赞、订阅并与那些可能从中受益的人分享这个视频。
And don't forget to hit the notification bell icon to get notified whenever Psych2Go posts a new video.
当Psych2Go发布新视频时,不要忘记点击通知铃图标获得通知。
The references and studies used in this video are added in the description below.
本视频中使用的参考文献和研究添加在下面的描述中。
Thanks for watching, and see you in our next video.
感谢收看,我们下期视频再见。