手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

如何得到他人的尊重?

来源:可可英语 编辑:Kelly   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi, Psych2Goers, welcome back.

嗨,Psych2Go的观众们,欢迎观看我们的视频。

Have you ever wished for more people to respect you?

你有没有希望过让更多的人尊重你?

It may seem impossible to get everyone to see you in a positive light, but there are a few ways you can increase your odds.

让每个人都从积极的角度看待你似乎是不可能的,但有几种方法可以增加你的胜算。

Here are six things that make others respect you instantly.

这里有六件事能让别人立刻尊重你。

One, stop over apologizing.

第一,停止道歉。

Do you constantly say sorry over little things like asking a question, or for simply being who you are?

你会经常为问问题之类的小事道歉吗,或者仅仅因为你是谁而道歉?

If yes, you could be turning others off.

如果是,你可能会让其他人望而却步。

Over apologizing hints to others that you don't have much self-respect, which makes it hard for them to respect you as well.

过多地向别人道歉会暗示你没有太多的自尊,这会让他们很难同样尊重你。

This doesn't mean stop apologizing outright, but take responsibility when your actions have let someone down, but don't apologize for your identity, personality, and things you can't control.

这并不意味着停止直接道歉,但当你的行为让某人失望时,要承担责任,但不要为你的身份、个性和你无法控制的事情道歉。

Two, be brave enough to say when enough's enough.

第二,当无法忍受的时候要有足够的勇气说出来。

Do you often let people take advantage of you?

你经常让别人占你便宜吗?

Compassion, empathy, and caring for others are an important part of a person's good side.

同情心、同理心和关心他人是一个人好的一面的重要组成部分。

However, you should be able to draw a line when someone has crossed a boundary, even if that means fighting back.

然而,当有人越过边界时,你应该能够画出一条线,即使这意味着反击。

Asserting yourself gives a positive impression to people who are worth your time.

坚持自己会给那些值得你花时间的人留下积极的印象。

If someone still continues to disrespect you, be ready to walk away, and preserve your own mental health.

如果有人仍然不尊重你,做好离开的准备,保护自己的心理健康。

This way, the quality of your inner circle will be much better.

这样一来,你的核心圈子的质量会好很多。

Three, don't be a know-it-all.

第三,不要表现得无所不知。

Do others strike you as someone who arrogantly tells people what's right and wrong without considering their opinions?

其他人给你的印象是不是傲慢地告诉人们什么是对的,什么是错的,而不考虑他们的意见?

Getting your facts wrong can be embarrassing, but showing off, and trying to be the center of attention can also cause people to disrespect you.

弄错事实可能会令人尴尬,但炫耀和试图成为关注的中心也会导致人们对你的不尊重。

Regardless of how much you know, there's always someone who knows more than you, and that's okay.

不管你知道多少,总会有人比你知道得更多,这没什么。

You don't have to one up other people's ideas, and dismiss them.

你不必把别人的想法一网打尽,然后将其置之不理。

Instead, being able to ask questions, having an openness to new things, and knowing when to share ideas with them will gain you more respect.

相反,能够提问,对新事物敞开心扉,知道什么时候与他们分享想法会为你赢得更多尊重。

Four, stand up for others.

第四,为他人挺身而出。

What would you do have a friend or stranger is being mistreated by someone you know?

如果朋友或陌生人受到你认识的人的虐待,你会怎么做?

Would you help them?

你会帮助他们吗?

Being able to help others makes you someone who's worthy of respect.

能够帮助他人会让你成为一个值得尊敬的人。

This shows that you care for others, and aren't willing to just sit around and wait when someone is in a bad spot.

这表明你关心别人,不愿意在别人处境不好的时候坐在那里等待。

It also shows that you're bold, and can act in the face of resistance, or social persecution, and that's respect-worthy.

这也表明你是勇敢的,可以在抵抗为难或社会迫害面前采取行动,这是值得尊重的。

Five, be respectful in return.

第五,反过来也要尊重他人。

To gain respect, you should respect others in return.

为了赢得尊重,你应该也要尊重他人。

Respect isn't just for people in positions of authority.

尊重不仅仅是对有权威的人的尊重。

It extends to all humans, regardless of their place on the social ladder.

要延伸到所有人,无论他们在社会上的地位如何。

If you disrespect the waiter in the restaurant, you'll give off the impression that you regard them as inferior to you.

如果你不尊重餐厅的服务员,你会给人一种你认为他们不如你的印象。

This can turn off anyone who has a moral code.

这可能会让任何有道德准则的人望而却步。

If you ruthlessly tease friends and they get fed up, they could end up not associating with you anymore.

如果你无情地取笑朋友,他们受够了,他们可能最终不再和你交往。

And besides, how could anyone respect a person who doesn't respect them back?

另外,谁又能尊重一个连自己都不尊重的人呢?

Six, don't gossip.

六,别说闲话。

Have you ever had someone you know talk badly behind your back?

你有没有遇到过你认识的人在你背后说你坏话?

It must've stung, right?

一定很刺痛,对吧?

The same can apply to people on the other side of the stick.

同样的道理也适用于另一边的人。

If you talk badly about someone to others, those words could fall on the wrong ears.

如果你在别人面前说某人的坏话,这些话可能会被别人听到。

And all of a sudden, you could find yourself having it turned back on you.

突然之间,你可能会发现自己被抛在了脑后。

That's why it's best not to gossip, especially to strangers or acquaintances you don't know.

这就是为什么最好不要说闲话,尤其是对你不了解的陌生人或熟人。

On the other hand, talking positively about others can be beneficial for everyone, and people will regard you as a positive person.

另一方面,积极地谈论别人对每个人都是有益的,人们会认为你是一个积极的人。

What are your thoughts?

你的想法是什么?

Share them in the comments below, and share this video with people who might benefit.

请在下面的评论中分享出来,并与可能受益的人分享此视频。

As always, the references and studies are shown in the description below.

与往常一样,参考文献和研究显示在下面的描述框中。

That's all for now, until next time.

现在就到这里,我们下个视频见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
disrespect [.disri'spekt]

想一想再看

n. 不敬,无礼 vt. 不尊敬

联想记忆
bold [bəuld]

想一想再看

adj. 大胆的,粗体的,醒目的,无礼的,陡峭的

 
empathy ['empəθi]

想一想再看

n. 移情作用,共鸣,执着投入

联想记忆
resistance [ri'zistəns]

想一想再看

n. 抵抗力,反抗,反抗行动;阻力,电阻;反对

联想记忆
apologize [ə'pɔlədʒaiz]

想一想再看

vi. 道歉,谢罪

联想记忆
tease [ti:z]

想一想再看

n. 揶揄者,戏弄
v. 欺负,嘲弄

联想记忆
gossip ['gɔsip]

想一想再看

n. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人
vi.

 
respectful [ri'spektfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 表示尊敬的,有礼貌的,谦恭的

联想记忆
beneficial [.beni'fiʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 有益的,有利的

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。