Do you often dream about success? What do you see in those dreams?
你经常梦到取得成功吗?你在那些梦里看到了什么?
Perhaps it's having lots of money, luxury cars, and a good career.
也许是因为梦里有很多钱、豪车和良好的职业。
You might even look at someone successful and wish you could just switch places with them, thinking that they have it all.
你甚至可能会看到某个成功的人,希望自己能和他们换个位置,认为他们拥有了一切。
But take a closer look and you might find that things are not as they seem.
但仔细观察,你可能会发现事情并不是看起来的那样。
Success can come at a great price.
成功可能要付出巨大的代价。
So in this video, we will be looking at the dark side of success.
因此,在这段视频中,我们将看到成功的阴暗面。
Number one, loneliness.
第一,孤独。
Sometimes when you just focus on chasing success, you may end up finding yourself alienated and alone.
有时,当你只专注于追逐成功时,你可能会发现自己被疏远了、很孤独。
While your friends and family are having lunches and dinners together, you may be working on an assignment or a report.
当你的朋友和家人在一起共进午餐和晚餐时,你可能正在做一项任务或一份报告。
When they're off going on trips or to the movies, you may be working overtime to meet deadlines.
当他们外出旅行或看电影时,你可能在加班以赶在最后期限前完成任务。
Ultimately, when you pour all of your time and energy into work, you may miss out on building connections with the people around you.
最终,当你把所有的时间和精力都投入到工作中时,你可能会错过与周围人建立联系的机会。
In time, you may even find that you don't have many people to turn to when things get hard.
随着时间的推移,你甚至可能会发现,当事情变得困难时,你没有太多的人可以求助。
So no matter how mesmerizing it sounds to be ultra successful, keep in mind that it could end up being a pretty lonely time.
因此,无论这听起来多么令人着迷,但请记住,这可能会是一段非常孤独的时光。
Number two, greed.
第二,贪婪。
How much money is enough?
多少钱才够呢?
Staying humble when you are becoming successful is a challenging job.
当你变得成功时,保持谦虚是一项具有挑战性的工作。
Over time, greed can take over and you may find yourself not getting enough of everything, whether it's achievements, money, or praise.
随着时间的推移,贪婪会占据主导地位,你可能会发现自己得不到足够的一切,无论是成就、金钱还是赞扬。
This might sound like persistence, but chasing more than you need can make you fall into that dark hole of success.
这可能听起来像是在坚持,但追逐超过你需要的东西会让你掉进成功的黑洞。
Slowly you may even come to realize you don't like the person you've become.
慢慢地,你甚至可能会意识到你不喜欢现在的自己。
Worst of all, you might realize that you're chasing the impossible, because no matter how far you get, it would never be enough.
最糟糕的是,你可能意识到你在追逐不可能的事情,因为无论你走得多远,都永远不够。
Number three, anxiety.
第三,焦虑。
When you finally become successful, what do you think becomes your worst fear?
当你最终成功的时候,你认为你最害怕的是什么?
It's probably to fail and lose it all.
你害怕的可能是失败,失去一切。
Because of this, your days and nights might be overflowed with worries about the future.
正因为如此,你的日日夜夜可能会充斥着对未来的担忧。
What will tomorrow look like?
明天会是什么样子?
What should I do to guarantee my success?
我该怎么做才能保证我的成功呢?
How can I secure what I have even more?
我如何才能确保我拥有的东西更多?
Thoughts like these can make your mind anxious, sometimes to the point of developing symptoms of an anxiety disorder.
这样的想法会让你的大脑感到焦虑,有时甚至会发展出焦虑的症状。
Sleepless nights, heavy breathing, and racing thoughts.
夜晚入不了眠,呼吸沉重,思绪飞快。
For many, it comes hand in hand with success.
对许多人来说,这与成功是形影不离的。
Number four, envy.
第四,羡慕。
When you are dreaming of success, how do you imagine people close to you would react?
当你梦到成功时,你想象身边的人会有什么反应?
You probably think your friends and family would be proud and happy for you, and the ones you don't know so well may be impressed by your hard work and achievements.
你可能认为你的朋友和家人会为你感到骄傲和高兴,而那些你不太了解的人可能会对你的辛勤工作和成就印象深刻。
Even though that scenario is possible, many successful people don't get such nice reactions.
尽管这种情况是可能的,但许多成功人士并没有得到如此好的反应。
What they're often faced with is envy.
他们经常面对的是羡慕。
This can mean people talking behind your back, saying how you didn't really deserve what you have or that you got it by pure luck.
这可能意味着人们在你背后议论,说你不值得拥有你所拥有的,或者说你获得成功纯粹是运气使然。
They might try to turn more people against you or even sabotage your efforts.
他们可能会试图让更多的人反对你,甚至破坏你的努力。
So it's not all glamorous.
所以这并不都是迷人的。
Number five, jealousy.
第五,嫉妒。
Envy and jealousy can go both ways.
羡慕和嫉妒可能是双向的。
While there might be people who are jealous of you, you could also become jealous of other even more successful people.
虽然有些人可能嫉妒你,但你也可能嫉妒其他更成功的人。
As a result, you may come to see everyone as an enemy or threat to your success.
因此,你可能会把每个人都看作是你成功的敌人或威胁。
This tendency to compare yourself with others and to feel as if you've come up short can end up making you a bitter and angry person, which may ultimately cause others to dislike and avoid you.
这种拿自己和别人比较、觉得自己做得不够好的倾向,最终会让你成为一个充满怨恨和愤怒的人,这最终可能会让别人讨厌你、躲避你。
And number six, physical issues.
第六,身体问题。
Finally, apart from emotional problems, success could bring you physical issues too.
最后,除了情感问题,成功还会给你带来身体上的问题。
Restless nights and constant worrying can make you more prone to insomnia.
晚上睡不着和持续的担忧会让你更容易失眠。
Constant stress and anxiety from work may also lead to a loss of appetite, habits of overeating, digestive problems, and even a change in appearance, such as getting wrinkles or gray hair a little bit too soon.
工作带来的持续压力和焦虑也可能导致食欲不振、暴饮暴食的习惯、消化问题,甚至出现容貌变化,比如过早出现皱纹或白发。
Are you willing to pay the price for success?
你愿意为成功付出代价吗?
Let us know in the comments below.
在下面的评论中让我们知道。
If you found this video helpful, be sure to like, subscribe, and share this video with those who might benefit from it.
如果您觉得此视频有帮助,请务必点赞、订阅并与可能从中受益的人分享此视频。
And don't forget to hit the notification bell icon to get notified whenever Psych2Go posts a new video.
不要忘了点击通知铃声图标,每当Psych2Go发布新视频时,你就可以获得通知了。
The references and studies used in this video are added in the description below.
本视频中使用的参考文献和研究添加在下面的描述框中。
Thanks for watching, and see you in the next video.
感谢您的收看,下一个视频再见。