Today, I would describe myself as a fearless leader.
今天,我会把自己描述成一个无所畏惧的领导者。
Four years ago, I would never have imagined, you know, that I'd be doing that.
四年前,我从未想过自己会这样做。
My name is Imere Williams.
我叫艾默尔·威廉姆斯。
I'm from West Philadelphia, and I'll be graduating from Boys' Latin of Philadelphia Charter School.
我来自西费城,我将从费城特许学校的男孩拉丁语系毕业。
For the past 18 years, all I've known is the inner city.
过去的18年里,我只知道市中心。
I finally get something new, something different.
我终于掌握了一些与众不同的新事物。
Living in the inner city can be really hard for many reasons.
出于多种原因,市中心的生活颇为困难。
There's a lot of violence, and poverty, and you lose a lot of people.
这里充斥着大量的暴力、贫穷,很多人都会死去。
I almost lost my father a few years ago.
几年前我差点失去了父亲。
He was shot seven times.
他中了7枪。
You come really close to losing people that you're really close to, that you love.
你真的很容易失去那些亲近爱护的人。
That can make it really hard.
这会让生活变得很艰难。
My goals are to one day teach in the inner city,
我的目标就是有朝一日要在市中心教书,
and use my passion for education to help students who want to do better,
利用我对教育的激情去帮助那些想要变得更好的学生,
and strive to one day stop this cycle of gun violence, and adversity.
我会竭尽全力,总有一天,我能阻止这种枪械暴力和逆境的恶性循环。
I think that education is extremely important.
我认为教育至关重要。
Malcolm X said education is the passport to the future.
马科尔姆说过,教育是通向未来的通行证。。
If you've ever faced any adversity, education is that thing that can lift you up and change you.
如果你曾身陷逆境,教育则是能够让你振作,并改变你的东西。
I'm currently serving on the Philadelphia Board of Education.
我现在在费城教育委员会任职。
I'm representing over 200,000 students in our district.
我代表着我们区20多万学生。
I barely could speak up for myself, and now I'm speaking up for thousands of other students.
我刚刚为自己发声,现在要为成千上万的其他学生说话。
I'm really proud of what I've become, and of the journey that I've taken.
我真的为自己的成长感到骄傲,为我的旅程感到骄傲。
I will be attending Westchester University of Pennsylvania in the fall to study Middle Grades Education.
我将于秋季进入滨州法尼亚州的韦斯特切斯特大学学习中等教育。
The thought that I'm gonna be a teacher in four years
一想到四年后我就要成为一名教师,
is something that really ignites this huge blazing fire inside of me, and I can't wait to start.
这真的点燃了我内心的熊熊烈火,我迫不及待地想开始了。