Distinguished and honourable Chancellor, distinguished Pro-Chancellor, Members and Chairman of the Council,
尊敬的校长,尊敬的副监督,委员会成员及主席,
Acting President and Vice-Chancellor, ladies and gentlemen, friends, students and alumni,
代理校长、副校长、女士们、先生们、朋友们、同学们、校友们:
Good afternoon, I'm extremely honoured and moved and touched by this great marvellous traditional ceremony,
下午好,这个伟大的传统仪式令我感到非常荣幸,非常感动,
and thank you very much, Hong Kong University (the University of Hong Kong), for giving me this great trust and honour.
非常感谢你,香港大学,给了我这么大的信任和荣誉。
You know I've been trying to enter university for many times and I failed three times until I went to university.
你们知道我已经试着进大学很多次了,但是我失败了三次,才考上了大学。
I never thought in my dreams to become a PhD of Honour.
我做梦也没想过会成为荣誉博士。
But I did work very hard, I just failed examinations again and again.
但我确实很用功,只是一次又一次考试不及格。
And my story tells that those people that work very hard but failed again and again: don't give up.
我想用我的故事告诉那些非常努力却一次又一次失败的人:不要放弃。
Someday, a great university like Hong Kong University is waiting for you.
总有一天,会有一所像香港大学一样的大学在等着你。
And Professor Tang and Dr David Mong, I'm very honoured to be with you, and thank you very much for this opportunity to speak on behalf of you.
唐教授和大卫·孟博士,我很荣幸能和你们在一起,非常感谢你们给我这个机会代表你们发言。
And I would also love to thank Professor Charles (Schencking), for these great words for me and for our people.
我也要感谢查尔斯教授(申克金),感谢他对我和我们的人民说的这些伟大的话。
And I think, when I was listening there, I was not that good,
我想,当我在那里听的时候,我不是很好,
and I think I got this honour, not because I'm qualified - I will work hard to prove I will be qualified, one day.
我想我得到这个荣誉,不是因为我有资格——我会努力证明我有一天会有资格的。
And this PhD degree, I don't think it's just an acknowledgement of me, but it's a recognition of entrepreneurship, of the spirit ‘never give up'.
而这个博士学位,我不认为这只是对我的认可,而是对创业精神的认可,是对“永不放弃”精神的肯定。
I think entrepreneurs are the scientists in the social science.
我认为企业家是社会科学中的科学家。
Scientists and social scientists, we have a lot of similarities.
科学家和社会科学家,我们有很多相似之处。
We all take risks. We all want innovation.
我们都会冒险。我们都希望创新。
And scientists know how to do things properly, and business people know how to do things effectively and efficiently.
科学家知道如何正确地做事,商人也知道如何有效、高效地做事。
For most people, seeing is believing.
对大多数人来说,眼见为实。
People like us, we believe, and then we will see.
像我们这样的人,我们相信,然后我们会看到。
When we start our business, we don't have money, we don't have resources, we don't have anything.
当我们开始创业时,我们没有钱,我们没有资源,我们什么都没有。
The only thing we have is that we believe in the future, we have dreams.
我们唯一拥有的是我们相信未来,我们有梦想。
We make hundreds of thousands of mistakes.
我们犯了成千上万的错误。
There is only one thing that we did not make the mistake - that is, never give up.
只有在一件事上,我们没有犯错误——那就是永不放弃。