"I can see someone I knew as a child and immediately recognize them as an adult,
“小时候见过的人,长大了我也能一眼认出来,
or I can see someone who worked at a store that I used to go to 10 years ago,
而且,哪怕是我10年前去过的店,我现在也能认出他们的店员,
and see them on the street and recognize them as that clerk.
就算在街上看到他们,我也能认出他们就是那个店员。
My name is Jennifer Jarrett, and I'm a super recognizer.
我叫詹妮弗·贾勒特,我是一个认人能力超强的人。
I remember just about every face I see.
我见过的每一张脸我基本都记得。
I don't have to have an emotional attachment to people to remember them.
我记人不需要依靠情感联系。
I really started to recognize it when I went to college.
我是上大学之后才意识到自己有这个能力的。
I would meet people, I would always remember them,
跟某个人见过之后,我就会一直记得TA,
and then a couple of months later,
哪怕是过了几个月,
I'd be at a party and people would say, 'Oh, do you two know each other?'
参加聚会时碰到我也能认出来,有人就会问了,‘啊,你俩认识呀?’
and I'd say yes, and the other person would say no.
我会说认识,对方却会说不认识。
So, then, I sort of started to learn what was a memorable encounter and what wasn't.
后来,我就开始了解哪些见面是需要记住的,哪些是不需要的。
In terms of being a super recognizer, so far I haven't really found any way to utilize it.
作为一个认人能力超强的人,我目前还没有想到这种能力的用武之地。
At my last college reunion, my friends were so excited
就是上次大学聚会的时候,我朋友都很激动嘛,
because, you know, everybody worries that they're gonna go to a reunion and not remember who people are,
因为,你懂的,大家都很担心参加聚会的时候想不起来对方是谁,
so people were sticking to me like glue so I could tell everyone who was in the room."
所以,大家都会寸步不离地跟着我,就因为我能告诉他们房间里都有谁谁谁。”