手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

一个家家户户都有桑拿的地方

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"Every second day I go to sauna."

“我每隔一天就要洗一次桑拿。”

"I go to sauna once or twice a week."

“我一周洗一到两次桑拿。”

"I try to do sauna bathing everyday."

“我基本每天都会洗桑拿。”

"I have four saunas. I go(ing) to sauna three, sometimes four times a week."

我有四个桑拿房。我一周洗三次,有时四次。

In most parts of the world, saunas are considered a luxury.

在世界大部分地区,蒸桑拿都被认为是一种奢侈享受。

But in some parts of Lapland, a region that stretches across Northern Europe, saunas are as common as street signs.

但在几乎横跨整个北欧的拉普兰的某些地区,桑拿房就像路标一样常见。

You can pretty much find a sauna anywhere, like in this small town, or in this person's backyard.

你几乎在任何地方都能看到桑拿房,比如这个小镇上,比如这个人的后院。

Or in the middle of the woods.

又或者是树林里。

Or even near a river.

甚至是河边。

"We have a cold climate.

“我们这儿气候比较寒冷。

So, it's nice to have something warm to get into and get the warmth into the bones.

所以,能有个暖和的地方可以进去取取暖,让温暖逐渐渗入身子骨里会让人觉得特别舒服。

The sauna culture here is really quite unique.

这边的桑拿文化真的很独特。

If you build a new house, you start with a sauna,

如果你要盖一套新房子,那你最先要修的就是桑拿房,

and you build a house around the saunas."

其他房子都要围着桑拿房分布。”

People in Finland have more saunas per capita than anywhere else in the world.

芬兰人的人均桑拿房占有量比世界上任何其他地方的人的占有量都多。

There are 2,000,000 saunas here.

这边有200万个桑拿房。

Or about one per household.

等于差不多每家每户都有一间。

But some homes have even more than that.

有些家庭还不止一间。

And in this region, people are just building houses around saunas.

在这个地区,大家的房子都是围着桑拿房盖的。

There is even a sauna academy and a sauna musuem.

他们甚至还有桑拿学院和桑拿博物馆。

"Here in our culture, sauna was a clean room.

“在我们的文化中,桑拿房是一间干净的房间。

It's a good place to get birth to children.

很适合当产房接生孩子。

The first saunas that we have is from the 1200 century,

我们历史上的第一个桑拿房是公元1200年出现的,

when we had flu, and the health not so good, the elders have to go to the sauna.

那时候我们这儿爆发了流感,大家的身体都不太好,老一辈的就需要到桑拿房里蒸一蒸。

People said that sauna is the poor man's pharmacy.

那时候的人们就说桑拿房就是穷人的药房。

The old sauna is where you heat the stone,

老式的桑拿房要先把石头烧热,

and when the stones get hot, you can put water on the stones and then comes the nice steam."

烧热以后把水浇到石头上,蒸汽就上来了。”

"For me, the sauna process is like a small ritual.

“在我看来,蒸桑拿的过程就像是一个小小的仪式。

3

It should be like an ice hockey game, at least three periods.

就跟一场冰球比赛一样,整个过程至少有三个环节。

So you start going to the sauna, have some heat.

首先是进到桑拿房里,让身子暖和起来。

Then go outside, take some fresh air, maybe roll in the snow.

然后到外面呼吸一些新鲜空气,比如在雪地里打个滚什么的。

And then you go into the relax room, you eat something and sit and talk there.

然后到休息室吃点东西聊聊天。

Time for the second period.

接下来是第二轮。

In again, eat, drink and so on.

再次进到桑拿房里,再吃再喝……

You should take your time in a sauna."

蒸桑拿要慢慢来。”

"But that's not all.

“这还没完。

In Lapland, saunas are used as a sign of hospitality and to discuss political matters.

在拉普兰,桑拿也被视为是热情好客的标志和讨论政治时事的地方。

"There is a thing called sauna diplomacy.

“我们这儿有‘桑拿外交’的习惯。

Because we have a lot of saunas.

因为我们的桑拿房很多嘛。

We use sauna for speaking and discussing problems, deciding how to go forwards."

我们会一边洗桑拿一边聊天,讨论问题,讨论下一步的计划。”

"Finland used sauna diplomacy.

“芬兰有桑拿外交的习惯。

The president saved Finland from Russia.

曾经,我们的总统(就是靠桑拿)从俄罗斯手中救下了芬兰。

You know, he took off the clothes of the Russian generals and took them into the saunas.

他让俄国的将军们脱下衣服,随后便把他们带进了桑拿房里。

It was two men talking to each other, there were no medals or anything.

就他们两个人坐里面聊,没有奖牌,什么也没有。

They were just sitting there talking and, it's sauna diplomacy.

就坐那儿聊天,这就是桑拿外交。

You know, the sauna is like a vent.

你知道吗,桑拿房就像一个宣泄的出口。

It's the place where you have the discussions about family matters.

我们讨论家务事也是一边蒸桑拿一边讨论的。

If something's going on, we talk about it in the sauna.

如果出了什么事,我们可以在桑拿房里谈。

Anything goes in the sauna."

什么事都可以拿到桑拿房里谈。”

"If you don't have a sauna waht should you do?"

“如果你没有桑拿浴,你会怎么办?”

"If I didn't have a sauna? That's unthinkable. I don't know. I don't know."

“如果我没有桑拿房?想象不到。不知道哎,真的不知道。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
vent [vent]

想一想再看

n. 排气口,表达,发泄,火山口 v. 发泄,表达,排放

 
diplomacy [di'pləuməsi]

想一想再看

n. 外交

 
ritual ['ritjuəl]

想一想再看

n. 仪式,典礼,宗教仪式,固定程序
adj.

 
hospitality [.hɔspi'tæliti]

想一想再看

n. 好客,殷勤,酒店管理

联想记忆
academy [ə'kædəmi]

想一想再看

n. 学院,学术,学会

 
luxury ['lʌkʃəri]

想一想再看

n. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品

 
unique [ju:'ni:k]

想一想再看

adj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。