手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

佛罗里达州淤泥潜水(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

It's gill openings are hidden behind its pectoral fins so the prey won't see it breathing.

它鳃部的开口处隐藏在胸鳍后面,这样猎物就看不到它在呼吸。

When it decides to swim, you can tell that this fish isn't really designed to swim very well.

当它要游泳时,你能看出这种鱼并不擅长游泳。

Definitely a bottom dweller!

绝对是海底居民!

Towards the end of the dive Jeff finds me the elusive Jawfish with eggs—but I blow it by moving in too close, and scaring the little fish.

潜水快结束时,杰夫发现了那只神出鬼没带着卵的后颌鱼,但我靠得太近,吓到了小鱼,把它吓跑了。

He won't come out.

它不会出来了。

And my lights are probably frightening him too.

我的灯也可能吓到它了。

So I give up.

所以我放弃了。

But don't worry, I have a plan.

但别担心,我有个计划。

Will Jonathan manage to film the elusive jawfish?

乔纳森能拍到那只令人难以捉摸的小鱼吗?

Stick around and find out!

别走开,一起来看看吧!

Early the next morning, we are back at the bridge for the next slack tide.

第二天一大早,我们就回到桥上,准备等着下一次退潮。

So before the sun is even up, Cameraman Todd and I are gearing up with Jeff.

所以,在太阳升起之前,我、摄影师托德和杰夫一起做准备。

This time I really hope we can film that Jawfish!

这次我真希望能拍到那只小鱼!

We drop down into the shallow water and start making our way over to the Jawfish's burrow.

我们潜进浅水区,开始向后颌鱼的洞穴游去。

Along the way I am seduced by another octopus!

一路上我被另一只章鱼诱惑走了!

Ask any diver…octopods are too cool.

询问一下潜水员,就会知道章鱼有多酷。

You just have to stop and watch them when you find one!

当你发现一只章鱼时,就停下来看看它们!

This one is a little bigger than the other one.

这只比另一只大一点。

Cameraman Todd and I take turns getting some shots and waiting for the octopus to do something interesting besides just stare at us.

我和摄影师托德轮流拍摄一些镜头,等待章鱼做一些有趣的事,而不是只盯着我们看。

I stick my hand out to see if I can rouse the animal's curiosity.

我伸出手,看看是否能激起它的好奇心。

She is not going for it.

它不上当。

Fortunately, Jeff teaches me a better way—make my hand look like an octopus on the sand.

幸运的是,杰夫教了我一个更好的方法,让我的手看起来像是放在沙滩上的章鱼。

And it works!

而且真的有效!

With a couple suction cups, she tries to take me home.

它想用几个吸盘,带着我回家。

That was really fun, but my mission is to find the jawfish, so we move on.

这真有趣,但我的任务是寻找后颌鱼,所以我们继续前行。

There he is—the elusive jawfish.

就是它,这种神出鬼没的小鱼。

But this time I'm going to work my way closer very slowly so I don't spook him.

但这次我要慢慢靠近它,以免吓到它。

1.jpg

Oh no, I scared him again!

不好,我又吓到它了!

Oh wait a minute, he's coming back up.

等一下,它回来了。

How do I know it's a him?

怎么知道这是它?

The eggs give him away.

能看出它带着鱼卵。

When it comes to jawfish, the male guards the eggs in a very unlikely place—his mouth!

说到后颌鱼,雄鱼会把鱼卵藏在一个不太可能放卵的地方——就是它的嘴里!

Jawfish are mouthbrooders, meaning that once the male has fertilized the eggs,

后颌鱼是一种口孵型动物,意思是雄性得到受精卵后,

he takes them from the female and keeps them safe in his mouth for about 2 weeks until they hatch.

就会把卵从雌鱼那带走,然后把卵安全地放在嘴里,大约两周,直到鱼卵孵化。

During that time, dad can't eat anything.

在这段时间里,雄鱼什么都不能吃。

The eggs are transparent.

鱼卵是透明的。

You can see the little eyeballs of each baby jawfish inside the eggs.

能看到鱼卵里面每只幼鱼的小眼球。

Every once in a while, he has to aerate the eggs.

每隔一段时间,它就会给鱼卵补充氧气。

To do that he spits the eggs out and then sucks them back in.

为了做到这一点,它把鱼卵吐出去,然后再吸回来。

He does this every minute or two for a couple weeks!

数周时间内,它每隔一两分钟就这么做一次!

With my mission complete, we head back towards the beach--past the concrete columns of the bridge.

我的任务完成后,我们返回海滩,经过那座大桥由混凝土筑成的桥柱。

I come across a snake eel, out early looking for breakfast.

我碰到一条蛇鳗鱼,它很早就出来捕食了。

The snake eel (which is an eel, not a snake) pokes its head into holes looking for small fish and invertebrates to eat.

蛇鳗是鳗鱼,不是蛇,它把头伸进洞里寻找小鱼和无脊椎动物吃。

This one caught a small crab.

这条鱼抓住了一只小螃蟹。

By the time we finish the dive, the sun is up in Riviera Beach.

我们潜完后时,太阳已经升上里维埃拉海滩了。

As Jeff and I emerge from the ocean, I can't believe how much stuff I saw on such a shallow dive in the most unlikely spot.

当我和杰夫从海里出来时,我真不敢相信在这么一个最不可能的地方进行的浮潜,竟然看到了这么多东西。

Muck diving is fun!

淤泥潜水真有趣!

That dive was amazing!

这次潜水太棒了!

So many cool little critters!

这么多可爱的小生物!

On my trip to the Blue Heron Bridge, I only had time for a couple dives.

我在前往蓝鹭桥的旅途中,只够做两次潜水。

But in only two dives, I saw a huge variety of animals and I know I barely scratched the surface.

但在这两次潜水中,我看到了各种各样的动物,我知道还有更多的生物。

The Batfish, sea horses, octopods and Jawfish are rare animals that are not easy to find anywhere, yet we saw them on one dive here.

蝙蝠鱼、海马、章鱼和后颌鱼都是稀有动物,在任何地方都不容易找到,但我们在这进行的一次潜水中却把它们都看到了。

Needless to say, I'll be back for more.

不用说,我会再回来潜水的。

Muck diving is awesome

淤泥潜水太棒了!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
frightening ['fraitniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的

 
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 
dweller ['dwelə]

想一想再看

n. 居民

 
hatch [hætʃ]

想一想再看

n. 孵化,舱口
vt. 孵,孵出

 
emerge [i'mə:dʒ]

想一想再看

vi. 浮现,(由某种状态)脱出,(事实)显现出来

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
stare [steə(r)]

想一想再看

v. 凝视,盯着看
n. 凝视

 
diver ['daivə]

想一想再看

n. 跳水者,潜水员

 
aerate ['eiəreit]

想一想再看

vt. 充气;让空气进入;使暴露于空气中

联想记忆
hatch [hætʃ]

想一想再看

n. 孵化,舱口
vt. 孵,孵出

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。