手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

佛罗里达州淤泥潜水(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This time on Jonathan Bird's Blue World, Jonathan goes muck diving to film some outlandish marine life!

本期乔纳森·伯德的《蓝色世界》里,乔纳森为了拍摄一些奇特的海洋生物,前往一个独特的潜水场地!

Hi, I'm Jonathan Bird and Welcome to my world!

嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!

For most divers, the best diving involves warm, clear water and lots of colorful fish.

对大多数潜水员来说,最好的潜水包括温暖、清澈的海水和许多五颜六色的鱼。

So coral reefs are the most popular dive destinations.

所以,珊瑚礁是最受欢迎的潜水目的地。

But as divers gain more experience, they seek out new and different diving environments, like shark diving.

但随着潜水员获得的经验更多,他们可以寻找不同的新的潜水环境,如和鲨鱼一起潜水。

Or cave diving, and everything in between.

或者是洞穴潜水,和其它类型的潜水。

One exciting environment is muck diving.

一个令人兴奋的环境是在满是淤泥的地点潜水。

I know, it doesn't sound very exciting, but trust me, if you like cool critters, muck diving is where it's at.

我知道,这听起来不是很刺激,但相信我,如果你喜欢炫酷的小生物,就可以尝试在满是淤泥的地点潜水。

Muck dives don't generally involve any actual muck.

淤泥潜水一般不涉及任何实际的淤泥。

Usually they're just dives with a sandy bottom inhabited by critters that have adapted to this unique habitat.

通常只是沙质海底,那里生活着适应这种独特栖息地的各种小生物。

It's stuff that either doesn't live on reefs, or would be very hard to spot on a reef.

它们要么不生活在珊瑚礁上,要么很难在珊瑚礁上发现它们。

While technically, muck diving can be done just about anywhere there's a silty, sandy or muddy sea floor,

虽然从技术层面讲,淤泥潜水几乎可以在任何有粉质、沙质或泥泞的海底进行,

certain places around the world have developed quite a reputation for good muck dives with lots of critters.

但世界上某些地方已经享有适合进行淤泥潜水的声誉,那里生活着很多小生物。

And this is one such place: the Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach, Florida.

佛罗里达州里维埃拉海滩的蓝鹭桥,就是这样一个地方。

This may not look like much of a dive site, but this bridge is actually world-famous

这看起来不像是一个潜水的地方,但这座桥闻名于世,

for the stunning diversity of interesting critters that inhabit the shallow water just below the traffic zooming by!

生活在这里的小生物种类繁多,令人惊叹。它们栖息在浅水区,就在车辆快速经过的下方!

I've stopped in for a couple dives to check out the diving and find out what all the fuss is about.

我停下来潜了几次水,看看潜水的情况,到底是怎么回事。

But I'm terrible at finding stuff, so I have enlisted the help of local Blue Heron Bridge expert Jeff Nelson, from Force-E, a local dive shop.

但要找到物品很困难,所以我找到当地的蓝鹭桥专家杰夫·纳尔逊帮忙,他来自当地一家潜水商店Force-E。

It's sort of a weird dive.

这样潜水有点怪异。

We suit up in the parking lot, and then walk over to the water's edge.

我们在停车场穿好潜水服,然后走到水边。

Because there are strong currents here when the tide is coming in or going out, we have to dive during a short window when the tide changes.

因为这里涨潮或退潮时水流很强,所以我们必须在潮汐变化的短暂时间内做一次潜水。

So my dive today begins at dusk, during the high tide slack.

我今天是在黄昏时开始潜水的,此时潮汐稍稍退去了。

I'll have all I can handle with my camera, so Jeff will tow along a dive flag.

我会尽自己所能操控摄像机,杰夫会拖着一面潜水旗。

It floats above us to make sure the people in boats can see us.

这面旗子会漂浮在我们上方,确保船上的人能看见我们。

It's still light as we sink down into only 6 feet of water and start looking for critters.

当我们沉到只有6英尺深的水中开始寻找小生物时,旗子仍然很轻。

Jeff has promised me one of the hardest fish to film—a jawfish with eggs.

杰夫答应我要拍一种最难拍摄的鱼——带有鱼卵的后颌鱼。

The jawfish is my quarry.

后颌鱼是我的猎物。

Almost immediately, Jeff finds me a weird fuzzball.

几乎马上,杰夫给我找到一个奇怪的毛球。

It almost looks like a jellyfish, but this is a large nudibranch called a sea hare.

它看起来几乎像一只水母,但这是一个巨大的裸鳃亚目动物称为海兔。

And this one is laying its eggs!

这只正在产卵!

1.jpg

As we continue on through the murky water…a sea horse!

当我们继续穿过浑浊的海水,一匹海马!

In most places, sea horses are not only hard to find, but frustratingly uncooperative.

在大多数地方,不仅很难找到海马,而且它们都不太配合,很令人沮丧。

I think this guy has seen enough cameras that he knows if he poses for a minute or two,

我想这家伙已经看够了摄像机,它知道如果它摆了一两分钟的姿势,

I'll go away and leave him alone.

我就会离开,让它自己呆在那儿。

A puffer is attracted to my lights and comes over for a look.

一只河豚被我的灯光吸引过来张望一下。

Nearby, the fastest sea star I have ever seen, racing across the sand.

旁边是我见过的行动最快的海星,它在沙滩上奔跑。

And then, another cooperative sea horse, using its prehensile tail to grip an old piece of rope.

另一只非常配合的海马,用它的卷尾抓住一根旧绳子。

Without Jeff to point out these little guys, I would probably swim right by them and not even see them.

如果杰夫不指出这些小家伙,我可能会从它们身边游过去,甚至都没有看见它们。

With the sea horses in the bag, it's time to move on.

把海马放在袋子里,我们该走了。

We pass a Yellow Stingray hunting for food.

我们路过一条正在捕食的黄貂鱼。

They eat mostly shrimp, worms and clams—stuff that lives in and on the sandy sea floor.

它们主要捕食生活在沙质海底的虾、蠕虫和蛤蜊。

I just hope this hungry stingray doesn't find those sea horses!

我只希望这只饥饿的黄貂鱼找不到那些海马!

A mantis shrimp sticks its eyes out of its burrow to check out my bright video lights.

一只螳螂虾把它的眼睛伸出洞穴,看看我那些明亮的视频灯。

But it's definitely not coming out.

但它肯定不会出来。

Jeff knows where to find a small octopus.

杰夫知道在哪儿能找到一只小章鱼。

It dives into its home when I approach.

我靠近它时,它潜入了自己的家中。

But if there is one thing about octopods, they are curious.

但是章鱼充满好奇心。

Staring at its reflection in the lens of my camera, it soon comes out to investigate.

它盯着摄像机镜头里的自己反射出来的影子,一会就跑出来看看。

First, a quick touch of the camera housing.

先快速触摸摄像机的外壳。

I stick my finger around into the shot to give the octopus some scale.

我把手指伸进镜头,让你能看出章鱼的大小。

You can see that this is a very small octopus.

可以看出来这只章鱼非常小。

But nobody told her that!

但没人告诉它!

She grabs my finger with her suckers and tries to pull me into her den.

它用吸盘抓住我的手指,想把我拉进她的洞穴。

If you ever have the opportunity to arm wrestle with an octopus you will find they are amazingly strong.

如果你有机会和章鱼摔次跤,就会发现它们非常强壮。

And the suction cups feel so weird on my skin.

吸盘吸在我皮肤上时,感觉很奇怪。

While hunting for the jawfish, we come across a super rare and weird fish.

在猎捕后颌鱼时,我们遇到了一种非常稀有又怪异的鱼。

This little guy is a batfish.

这个小家伙是条蝙蝠鱼。

It walks along the bottom on legs that have evolved from pelvic fins.

它用从腹鳍进化而来的腿,沿着海底行走。

And just over its mouth…a retractable lure used to fish for prey.

就在它的嘴上有一种可伸缩的诱饵,用来捕食。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
approach [ə'prəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 接近; 途径,方法
v. 靠近,接近,动

联想记忆
flag [flæg]

想一想再看

n. 旗,旗帜,信号旗
vt. (以旗子)标出

联想记忆
murky ['mə:ki]

想一想再看

adj. 黑暗的,朦胧的,烟雾弥漫的,含糊的,隐晦的

联想记忆
sink [siŋk]

想一想再看

n. 接收端,沟渠,污水槽,散热器
vi. 下

 
cooperative [kəu'ɔpərətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 合作的,共同的
n. 合作社

 
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 
shallow ['ʃæləu]

想一想再看

adj. 浅的,薄的
n. 浅滩,浅处

联想记忆
fuss [fʌs]

想一想再看

n. 大惊小怪,小题大作,强烈不满或争吵
vi

 
scale [skeil]

想一想再看

n. 鳞,刻度,衡量,数值范围
v. 依比例决

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。