Now, you might be saying, "Well, this is cool, this is cool but, you know,
你也许会说:“这很酷,这很酷,但是,
I've got a big hard disc in my portable -- let's say my iBook -- I'm running iTunes, I'm really happy.
我的移动设备--比如说我的iBook--有一个很大的硬盘,我很享受用它来运行iTunes。
I've got FireWire on my iBook. I don't quite get 10 hours of battery life,
我的iBook上有火线。或许没有10个小时那么长的电池续航,
but iBook's got better battery life than any other consumer portable, so what's so special about iPod here?"
但iBook的电池续航时间要比其他便携产品都要长,那么iPod有什么特别之处呢?”
It's ultra-portable. An iBook is really portable, but this is ultra-portable.
那就是超便携。iBook确实很便携,但iPod是超便携的。
And let me show you what I mean. iPod is the size of a deck of cards. A deck of cards.
我来解释一下。iPod有一副扑克牌那么大。一副扑克牌。
It is 2.4" wide, it is 4.0" tall, and it is barely over three-quarters of an inch thick.
它的宽度是2.4英寸,高是4.0英寸,厚度仅仅比0.75英寸多一点。
This is tiny. It also only weighs 6.5 ounces.
很娇小的。它也只有6.5盎司重。
That is lighter than most of the cell phones you have in your pockets right now.
它比你现在口袋里的大多数手机都轻。
So, this is what's so remarkable about iPod: it is ultra portable.
这就是iPod的非凡之处:它是超便携的。
We didn't stop there. iPod has got Apple design.
不仅仅如此。iPod有苹果风格的设计。
We've got one of the best design teams in the world, and they have done a remarkable job. Let me show you.
我们拥有世界上最好的设计团队,他们的工作非常出色。让我来向你们揭晓。
This is what iPod looks from the side. Again, about 3/4 of an inch thick.
这是iPod侧面的样子。再说一次,厚度大约是0.75英寸。
I'm going to show you the back first, because I'm in love with it.
我先给你们展示一下背面,因为我很喜欢它的背面。
It's stainless steel. It's really, really durable. It's beautiful.
采用不锈钢。非常非常耐用。很漂亮。
And this is what the front of it looks like: BOOM. That's iPod.
而这是它正面的样子。嘣。这就是iPod。
I happen to have one in my pocket, my friends. There it is, right there.
朋友们,我口袋里正好有一个。就在这个,就在这儿。