So what are we gonna focus on next?
那么我们下一步我们关注的重点是什么?
Audio. Audio. CD players.
声音。音频。光盘播放器。
There is a music revolution happening right now.
一场音乐革命正在发生。
Now music revolution is digital music on computers.
发生变革的就是在电脑上使用的数字音乐。
So for those of you that are not participating in this, let me describe it to you.
如果有没有使用过的人,我来向大家讲解一下。
What do you want to do?
你们想怎样处理音乐呢?
Well, you wanna rip your audio CDs on your computer disc. And what's "rip" mean?
大家想把光盘上的音频拷下来。“拷”是什么意思呢?
For those of us over 30, it means read and encode.
对于三十岁以上的人来说,它代表阅读和编码。
It means you stick your CD, your audio CD on your drive.
意思就是把光盘放进光驱内。
Your computer reads it, and then it encodes it or compresses it,
你的电脑会阅读它,然后对它进行编译或者压缩,
down to about a 10th of its original size and puts it on your hard disk.
把它的大小压缩到原来的十分之一,再把文件放到你的硬盘上。
And when it compresses it, the format of choice to use is called MP3.
在压缩的过程中,你采用的文件格式叫做MP3。
It's a very dense format, is very high quality, and it's open.
这是一种编码十分紧凑的格式,质量很高而且是开放的。