So it compresses your music down into MP3, files off your CDs, puts it on your disk.
音乐文件被从光盘转换成mp3格式放在你的硬盘上。
And then it allows you to create playlists of your favorite songs.
然后你就可以用最喜欢的歌创建一个播放列表。
I want a song from this album, a song from this album, a song from this album, three from that album.
我想要这张专辑中的这首歌,这张专辑中的这一首,这张专辑中的这一首,还有那张专辑中的这三首。
Put them together in a playlist, rearrange the order and listen to them in any order I want.
把它们一起放在同一个播放列表里,并重新排序,你就可以按自己喜欢的顺序听歌。
The music compiled the way I want, not the way some record company wants.
音乐要按照我想要的格式压缩,而不是唱片公司想要的那样。
And I can listen to my playlists on my computer.
我就可以在电脑上听歌了。
A lot of us spend hours a day on the computer.
我们很多人一天会在电脑前坐上好几个小时。
You want this to run in the background and let you listen to music while you're working.
我们希望音乐可以在后台播放,这样工作的时候也可以听。
And now the big one, you wanna be able to take those playlists and burn them on a custom audio CD.
那么问题来了,你想把这些播放列表转移到一个定制的光盘上。
"Burn" means, for those of us over 30, write.
转移对我们这些三十岁以上的人来说也叫做写入。
You want to write a CD, and play it on your CD player, your portable CD player, your CD player in your car. Anywhere!
你会希望自己可以编写一张光盘,然后在你的CD播放器、便携式CD播放器、车载CD播放器上播放。或者是在你想要的任何播放器播放!
And people are doing this like crazy. They're doing it like crazy.
人们疯狂地这样做。大家都非常愿意这样做。
They're making all these compilations drive-to-work music, workout music, this music, that music, hot date music.
大家把适合开车上班时听的音乐,适合户外劳作时听的音乐,这样的音乐,那样的音乐,适合约会时播放的音乐做成压缩文件。
Now, how much are they doing it? How many blank CDs were sold in this country alone in the calendar year 2000?
大家做了多少呢?在2000年,仅仅在美国,空白光盘卖了多少呢?