Our commitment goes beyond the products themselves to how they're made.
我们的承诺超出了产品本身,延伸到了它们的制作方法。
To our impact on the environment.
到我们对环境的影响。
To the role we play in demanding and promoting equality. And in improving education.
到我们在要求、促进平等方面所发挥的作用,到改善教育。
We believe that a company that has values and acts on them can really change the world.
我们相信,一个有自己的价值观并践行它的公司能改变世界。
And an individual can too. That can be you. That must be you.
一个人也可以做到。可以是你。那一定是你。
Graduates, your values matter. They are your North Star.
毕业生们,你的价值观很重要。他们是你的北极星。
And work takes on new meaning when you feel you are pointed in the right direction.
当你觉得你奔向正确的方向时,工作呈现出新的意义。
Otherwise, it's just a job, and life is too short for that.
否则,它只是一个工作,对生命而言太短暂了。
We need the best and brightest of your generation to lead in government and in business.
我们需要最优秀、最聪明的一代领导政府和商业。
In the science and in the arts. In journalism and in academia.
在科学和艺术界。在新闻和学术界。
There is honor in all of these pursuits.
对这些的追求给你以荣耀。
And there is opportunity to do work that is infused with moral purpose.
现在你有了做充满道德目标的工作的机会。
You don't have to choose between doing good and doing well. It's a false choice, today more than ever.
你不必在选择行善和做得很好之间选择。这是一个错误的选择,今天更是如此。
Your challenge is to find work that pays the rent, puts food on the table,
你面临的挑战是找到工作,支付得起房租,能养家糊口,
and lets you do what is right and good and just.
同时还能做对的、善的、正义的事。
So find your North Star. Let it guide you in life, and work, and in your life's work.
所以找到你的北极星。让它指导你的生活、工作和你人生的事业。
Now, I suspect some of you aren't buying this. I won't take it personally.
现在,我怀疑你们中的有些人对我以上说的并不买账。我相信你们是对事不对人。
It's no surprise that people are skeptical, especially here in Washington.
毫无疑问的,人们是多疑的,尤其是在华盛顿。
Where these days you've got plenty of reason to be.
现如今你有足够的理由现如今你有足够的理由这样想。
And a healthy amount of skepticism is fine.
持有一定程度的怀疑态度是好事。
Though too often in this town, it turns to cynicism.
然而往往这里的很多人变得愤世嫉俗。
To the idea that no matter who's talking or what they're saying, that their motives are questionable,
变得开始认为,无论谁说的话或说的什么,他们的动机都值得怀疑,
their character is suspect, and if you search hard enough, you can prove that they are lying.
他们的人格都值得怀疑,如果你足够努力地搜索,你可以证明他们在撒谎。
Maybe that's just the world we live in. But graduates, this is your world to change.
也许我们生存于此的世界就是这样。但是毕业生们,这个世界将由你们来改变。