I knew who I was in my personal life, and I kept my eye on my North Star,
我知道我个人生活的目标是什么,我让我的眼睛一直望着我的北极星,
my responsibility to do good for someone else, other than myself.
履行为别人做些好事的责任,而非为我自己。
But at work, well I always figured that work was work.
但在工作中,我一直认为工作就是工作。
Values had their place and, yes, there were things that I wanted to change about the world,
价值有它们自己的位置,我想做一些改变世界的事情,
but I thought I had to do that on my own time. Not in the office.
但我认为应该在自己的空闲时间内做。而不是在办公室里。
Steve didn't see it that way. He was an idealist.
而史蒂夫不这么看。他是一个理想主义者。
And in that way he reminded me of how I felt as a teenager.
他提醒我十几岁时我的感受。
In that first meeting he convinced me if we worked hard and made great products, we too could help change the world.
在第一次会议上,他让我相信如果我们努力工作,做出了伟大的产品,我们也可以改变世界。
And to my surprise, I was hooked. I took the job and changed my life.
令我惊讶的是,我完全被迷住了。我接受了这份工作,改变了我的生活。
It's been 17 years and I have never once looked back.
17年来我从未退缩。
At Apple we believe the work should be more than just about improving your own self.
在苹果,我们认为工作应该不仅仅是关于提升你自己。
It's about improving the lives of others as well. Our products do amazing things.
它关乎着改善别人的生活。我们的产品做出令人惊奇的事情。
And just as Steve envisioned, they empower people all over the world.
正如史蒂夫的设想,它们造福了世界各地的人们。
People who are blind, and need information read to them because they can't see the screen.
盲人需要有人把信息读给他们,因为他们看不到屏幕。
People for whom technology is a lifeline because they are isolated by distance or disability.
由于距离或残疾而被孤立的人们以技术为生命线。
People who witness injustice and want to expose it,
目睹不公正想揭露它的人们
and now they can because they have a camera in their pocket all the time.
现在可以做到了,因为他们的口袋里现在一直都装着一部相机。