This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Kaveh.
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是卡维。
And I'm Lucija. You know what I've noticed? What?
我是露西佳,你知道我注意到什么了吗?什么?
I'm terrible at spelling.
我不擅长拼写。
Why do you say that?
你为什么这么说?
Because whenever I type something on my computer, I always see that red squiggly line indicating a typo.
因为每当我在电脑上输入东西的时候,总能看到表示错误的红色波浪线。
Well, maybe you're just sloppy and type too fast.
也许你只是马马虎虎或者打字速度太快了。
Nope, I'm a bad speller.
不,我是拼写糟糕。
Well, I might have a trick for that! I before E, Except after C!
好吧,我或许有个办法!除非“I”在C之后,否则“I”在“E”之前!
What's that? It's a good trick to help with some spelling issues.
这是什么?这是一个帮助解决拼写问题的好技巧。
You need to explain it better.
你需要好好解释一下。
Well, to help you remember whether a word is spelled with the letter sequence "i-e" or "e-i" remember the rhyme:
为了帮助你记住一个单词是否按字母顺序“i-e”或“e-i”拼写的,记得这个韵律:
I before E, Except After C!
除非“I”在C之后,否则“I”在“E”之前(I before E, Except After C)!
Got it! But what happens after "C"?
明白了!但是“I”在“C”后面会怎么样?
After the letter "C" in a word, the sequence switches to "E-I".
在单词中的字母“C”之后,序列变为“E-I”。
I before E, Except After C! Yeah, it's easy to remember and will definitely help me.
除非“I”在C之后,否则“I”在“E”之前!是的,它很容易记住,绝对能帮助我。
Now, are there any exceptions to this rule?
这个规则有例外吗?
Unfortunately, yes. A few words have the "e-i" sequence, even though there is no "C" involed,
很不幸,它有例外。几个单词是“e-i”的顺序,即使单词中没有字母“C”,
like foreign, height, neighbor, beige.
比如foreign,height,neighbor,beige。
There's no trick for them, you'll just have to memorize how those words are spelled.
它们没有技巧,你必须记住它们是如何拼写的。
Great! So instead I should remember the rhyme:
棒极了!所以我应该记住这个韵律:
I before E, Except After C, but even with no C, there can still be an "E" before I
除非“I”在C之后,否则“I”在“E”之前,但(例外中的)“E”仍可以在“I”之前,
just try not cry from all the confusion, misusen, grammar illusion,
不要因为所有的困惑、误解、语法错误而哭泣,
the only conclusion is to learn words by hearts!
唯一的结论就是用心去学!
See! I knew you'd get it.
明白了吧,我知道你掌握了!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的全部内容。