This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Madam Lucija
欢迎收看《每日语法》栏目,我是露西佳夫人。
And I'm Kaveh. Why the title, Lucija?
我是卡维,露西佳,你为什么加个头衔?
Well, it's a special word. Madam?
它是个特殊的单词。Madam吗?
Yeah, maybe I should spell it for you forward or backward?
是的,也许我应该为你把它从前往后或从后往前拼一遍?
I'm lost. The word Madam is a Palindrome.
我糊涂了。Madam这个词是回文。
I just learned about them the other day and I'm having a lot of fun!
我前几天才知道,正玩得开心!
Palindrome, huh? Let me try!
回文,是吗?我试试!
But first, we need to explain what a Palindrome is.
但我们先需要解释一下回文的意思。
That's easy! Palindromes are words, phrases or numbers that read the same back and forward, like D-A-D, or 1-9-9-1.
这很简单!回文是指从前往后或从后往前读都一样的单词、短语或数字,比如D-A-D或1-9-9-1。
So, Palindromes can be serious or just silly.
所以,回文可以很严肃,也可以很愚蠢。
Yup, like, A nut for a jar of tuna.
没错,比如A nut for a jar of tuna。
Or, Borrow or Rob. Probably borrow!
或者借还是抢(Borrow or Rob)。或许是借!
And if you're hungry, you can always have a Taco cat?
如果你饿了,你可以吃Taco cat?
That's gross. What about this one?
真恶心!这个怎么样?
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal-panama!
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal-panama!
That's a real tongue twister. But I prefer Italy. Amore Roma!
这是个真正的绕口令。但我更喜欢意大利,Amore Roma!
So how do we make palindromes?
那么我们怎么产生回文呢?
One, read words backwards and see if they make sense.
第一,从后往前读单词,并看看它们是否说得通。
Two, try to make palindromes where even the spacing between words is consistent. Like, Not_A_Ton.
第二,尝试在单词间的空隙产生回文,即使它们是连贯的,比如Not_A_Ton。
And three, you can always check the internet for great palindromes!
第三,你可以经常上网搜索优秀的回文!
And that's Everyday Grammar.
以上就是今天的全部内容。