This is Everyday Grammar, I'm Lucija.
欢迎收看《每日语法》节目,我是露西佳。
And I'm Kaveh. Lucija, would you mind turning off your music?
我是卡维。露西佳,你介意关上音乐吗?
We are recording now!
我们正在录节目呢!
Oh, sorry! I totally forgot it was on!
哦,对不起!我忘了它还在播放!
So what are we discussing today?
那么我们今天讨论什么?
Why don't we cover the modal "would" to make requests?
我们讲讲如何用情态动词would提出请求怎么样?
Would is a good word for making polite requests in English.
“Would”在英语里是作礼貌请求的好词。
And "Would you mind" is a really nice way of asking someone to do something for you.
“Would you mind”是请求某人做某事的好方法。
Exactly! The structure is as follows:
说得太对了。它的结构如下:
"Would you mind" + verb +-ing ending.
“Would you mind”+动词+-ing 结尾。
So, how does that look?
那么它怎么用呢?
Well, remember when I asked you to turn off your music?
你还记得我让你关掉音乐的时候吗?
I used the "would you mind" format.
我用了“would you mind”格式。
I said "Would you mind turning off your music?"
我说:“你介意关掉音乐吗?”
Ah, I get it. The structure makes sense.
哦,我想起来了。这个结构有意义。
You used," Would you mind" followed by a gerund phrase.
你用的“Would You mind”后面跟着一个动名词短语。
"Would you mind turning off your music?"
“你介意关掉音乐吗?”
That's right! Here are some more examples:
说对了!下面是几个例子:
"Would you mind taking out the trash?"
你介意把垃圾拿出去吗?
"Would you mind closing the door?"
你可不可以把门关起来呢?
"Would you mind driving me to the airport?"
你介意开车送我去机场吗?
Now, Kaveh, since we're almost done with our lesson,
现在,卡维,我们已经完成了课程
would you mind signing off for us?
你介意为我们签个名吗?
No, not at all! And that's Everyday Grammar!
一点儿也不介意!以上就是今天节目的全部内容。