手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 告别平庸的自己 > 正文

商业及社交领域的二八法则

来源:可可英语 编辑:Jenny   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

About 20% of a carpet gets 80% of the wear.

一个地毯大约20%的部分会受到80%的磨损。
About 20% of beer drinkers drink 80% of the beer in the world.
大约20%的啤酒饮用者喝掉了世界上80%的啤酒。
About 20% of a company’s customers account for 80% of the complaints.
一个公司大约80%的投诉来自于20%的客户。
This principle shows up over and over again in almost every field and is called the 80/20, or the Pareto principle.
这个原则几乎在每个领域都层出不穷,被称为二八法则,或是帕雷托法则。
The ratios might vary from one example to another, but try to focus on a deeper meaning of the principle:
比率可能会因例子的不同而有所差异,但请试着把注意力集中在这个原则的深层意义上:
the majority of the effects come from the minority of the causes.
大部分的影响来自于少部分的原因。
So let's take a look at how this works in business, social interactions, and relationships…
所以让我们来看一下这个原则在商业、社会互动及男女关系方面是怎样发挥作用的…
Here's how it works in business…
下面是在商业领域中的作用…
A few months ago, I had built a website and was getting my visitors from social media,
几个月前,我建立了一个网站,访客来自于
like Reddit, Pinterest, Twitter, and other social media and forums.
诸如红迪网,品趣志,推特及其他社交媒体和论坛。
In fact, this took so much time that I was unable to write as many articles as I wanted to.
事实上,同时运行多个平台要花很多时间,所以我不能按照自己的意愿尽可能的多写文章。
So I decided I was going to make the process more efficient.
所以我决定要把提高这个过程的效率。
I looked into my data and guess what I found?
我查看了一下数据,猜猜我发现了什么?
For every 1000 visitors I got from Reddit, I got only about 60 from Pinterest,
红迪网上每有1000个访客,品趣志只有60个,
20 from Twitter, and a few more 20s from other forums and social media.
推特只有20个,以及其他论坛和社交媒体的20多个访客。
I thought I'm an idiot, I'm spending the same amount of time on all these platforms yet look at the results.
我觉得自己是个傻瓜,我在这些平台上花费了同样的时间,但是看看结果。
So I basically completely cut out the ones with the least effect,
所以我基本上完全停止了那些收效甚微的社交媒体,
and it freed up so much time for me to write actual articles that people were interested in.
这样我会空出来很多时间来写一些人们感兴趣的文章。
And that made a huge difference in how my website performed.
这让我的网站发生了巨大的变化。

商业及社交领域的二八法则

Now let's take a look at social interactions…

现在我们来看一下社会互动领域…
In college, I dedicated roughly the same amount of time to the top ten people I hung out with.
大学的时候,我在相处较多的前十位朋友身上花费了同样多的时间。
But I realized that the majority of the value and happiness brought into my life only came from two or three of those people.
但我意识到只有其中两三个人给我的生活带来了极大的价值和欢乐。
So I thought, "I'm an idiot. What am I doing?"
所以我想,“我太傻了。我在做什么?”
I decided to dedicate my time to the two or three of those people,
我决定只和那两三个人相处,
and that freed up so much time for me to read, meditate, go to the gym, and to really develop myself.
这样我就空出了很多时间,可以读书、冥想、去健身房、并且真正的提升自己。
Let's take a look at relationships…
我们来看一下男女关系方面…
A boyfriend or a husband comes home from work.
一个男友或老公下班回家。
After five hours of spending time with her girlfriend or wife, she complains,
在和女友或妻子相处了五个小时之后,她抱怨说,
"You don't spend any time with me!" The guy has no idea what is going on.
“你没有花时间跟我在一起!”那家伙完全不知道发生了什么。
He just spent five hours with this woman. But did he really?
她刚刚确实是和这个女人相处了五个小时啊。但是他真的和她相处了五个小时吗?
In those five hours even though he talked to her and physically was with her,
在那五个小时里,尽管他人待在那里,俩人也有交流,
his focus was also on watching TV half of the time and the rest, checking his Facebook and his phone.
但他有一半的时间在看电视, 剩下的时间在查看他的Facebook和手机。
Another guy could have worked longer hours, come home and only spent an hour, literally a single hour,
另一个朋友可能会工作更长的时间,回家只和她相处一个小时,仅仅一个小时,
with her and she would never complain, because he would make that one hour all about her.
她却从来不会抱怨,因为那一个小时是完全属于她的。
And that is the 80/20 principle applied to business, social interactions, and relationships.
以上即是适用于商业、社会交往和男女关系方面的二八法则。
As a final thought, ironically what I have done with my video follows the 80/20 principle as well.
最后我想,讽刺的是,我也会用二八法则来对待我的视频。
I have shared about 80% or even more of the value found in the book, in 20% or even less time.
我已经在20%或少于20%的时间里分享了书中发现的80%甚至更多的价值。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
dedicated ['dedi.keitid]

想一想再看

adj. 专注的,献身的,专用的

 
ironically [ai'rɔnikli]

想一想再看

adv. 讽刺地,说反话地

 
vary ['vɛəri]

想一想再看

v. 变化,改变,使多样化

 
principle ['prinsəpl]

想一想再看

n. 原则,原理,主义,信念

 
meditate ['mediteit]

想一想再看

v. 想,考虑,计划

 
dedicate ['dedikeit]

想一想再看

vt. 献出,提献辞,致力于

联想记忆
minority [mai'nɔ:riti]

想一想再看

n. 少数,少数民族,未成年

联想记忆
complain [kəm'plein]

想一想再看

vi. 抱怨,悲叹,控诉

 
efficient [i'fiʃənt]

想一想再看

adj. 效率高的,胜任的

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。