This episode is sponsored by Rachael Ray Nutrish Natural Food for Cats.
本节目由雷雷营养天然 猫粮赞助播出
Hi guys, I'm Catie Wayne And this is Animalist News.
大家好 我是凯蒂·维恩 欢迎来到"动物新闻"
And if you don't like to see me gush about the majestic beauty and wonder that is the animal kingdom, you should just be on your merry way.
如果你不喜欢看我对动物王国的雄奇美丽而感叹 那么你要保持克制了
So much gushing is about to happen. Aaah.
因为前方会产生大量感叹 啊…
Have you ever seen deer?
你见过鹿吗
They're adorable.
它们很可爱
Have you ever seen a baby deer?
你见过鹿宝宝吗
I can't even handle how adorable that is.
我简直不能相信它们是如此可爱
Have you ever seen a mommy deer with her baby deer?
你见过一只鹿妈妈和一只鹿宝宝吗
Maybe the cutest thing on the planet.
这或许是本星球上最可爱的动物啦
But you want to know what else is adorable?
但是你想知道还有可爱的吗?
The fact that mommy deer respond not only to the sounds that their own babies make but to an array of noises made by different animal babies.
事实上鹿妈妈不仅回应 它们小宝贝的声音而且也对不同宝宝发出的声音做回应
Mule and white tail deer will respond to distress calls made by babies outside of their species, provided that the calls are within the same frequency range of young deer.
骡子和白尾鹿会对他们种族之外的动物宝宝的哀鸣有所回应 只要那个声音是在小鹿同样频率范围之内
But you know? Argh.
但是你知道吗? 哈哈~~
And according to Susan Lingo of the University of Winnipeg and Tobias Reed of Midwestern University, this may be a trait shared across mammals.
据温尼伯大学的 苏珊·林格和中西部大学的 托比亚·里德 研究这可能是哺乳动物的一个共性
But that frequency range is important.
但是频率范围也是很重要的
Lingo and Reed noticed that mommy deer would only respond to other fawns if their calls fell within the frequency range of their own species.
林格和里德发现鹿妈妈只会对声音频率落在它们自己种群范围内的动物宝宝做出回应
And they were curious to see if they would respond similarly to babies of other species.
他们很好奇想看到鹿妈妈对怎样回应不是它们种群的动物宝宝的叫声
The experiment was relatively simple.
实验其实比较简单
They basically just hid a speaker a few feet away from mommy dearest-- that is an exceptional pun-- and played distress calls from different species, and watched what they did.
他们基本是在几英尺远的地方秘密安装了一个喇叭 用来播放妈咪最爱的 - 其实是伪造的来自不同物种的哀鸣声 然后看它们的反应
When they heard young ungulates, fur seals, marmots, and cats, they came within 10 meters of the speaker and within 25 meters for sea lions, bats, and humans.
当它们听到来自有蹄类动物 海狗 土拨鼠 还有猫的宝宝的声音时它们会凑近到喇叭10米范围内 当听到海狮 蝙蝠 人类的宝宝声音时 它们会保持在25米范围内
Why is this so adorable?
为什么如此可爱
I don't know.
我也不知道
You guys should tell me in the comments below.
大家在下面评论区告诉我吧
And if you'd like to learn about some would be animal moms, watch this video about pandas faking pregnancies.
如果你想了解一些即将成为妈妈的动物 可以看看这个假装怀孕的大熊猫的视频吧
I love you all, and I'll see you next time.
爱你们大家 下次见!
Thanks again to Rachael Ray Nutrish for sponsoring this episode.
再次感谢雷雷营养猫粮对本视频的赞助!