As a decrepit father takes delight
正像阳精痿顿的父亲喜欢观看
To see his active child do deeds of youth,
年轻气盛的孩子演示风流韵事,
So I, made lame by fortune's dearest spite,
我虽曾蒙受命运最大的摧残,
Take all my comfort of thy worth and truth.
却也能从你的美德与真诚获得快意。
For whether beauty, birth, or wealth, or wit,
美色、门第、才华或财富、
Or any of these all, or all, or more,
无论其中一样或更多或全部,
Entitled in thy parts do crowned sit,
都在你身上发挥得恰到好处,
I make my love engrafted to this store:
我于是把自己的爱植入你这宝库。
So then I am not lame, poor, nor despised,
从此,我不再残废,或受人鄙视。
Whilst that this shadow doth such substance give
既然这庇护之所让充实代替了幻影,
That I in thy abundance am sufficed
我当满足于你的富裕丰盈,
And by a part of all thy glory live.
活下去,凭借你这一抹浓荫。
Look, what is best, that best I wish in thee:
我但望你的库内有无价的奇珍至宝,
This wish I have; then ten times happy me!
而一旦如愿,我便十倍地快乐逍遥。