Lord of my love, to whom in vassalage
爱呵,您是我的主,您的德行
Thy merit hath my duty strongly knit,
早已赢得我臣服于您的忠心,
To thee I send this written ambassage,
我而今缮写谨呈上片纸诗行,
To witness duty, not to show my wit.
只为鞠躬尽职,不敢小露锋芒。
Duty so great, which wit so poor as mine
重命在肩,可怜我才疏学陋,
May make seem bare, in wanting words to show it,
赤胆忠心找不到诗句遮羞。
But that I hope some good conceit of thine
盼只盼您灵魂深处的奇思妙想
In thy soul's thought, all naked, will bestow it;
使我粗裸的才具有个安息之邦。
Till whatsoever star that guides my moving
等到某一颗星星导引着我前进,
Points on me graciously with fair aspect,
为我施恩般照亮吉地浓荫,
And puts apparel on my tottered loving
使我这褴楼之爱罩上锦套头,
To show me worthy of thy sweet respect.
方配得上您仁慈浩荡的皇恩。
Then may I dare to boast how I do love thee;
唯有那时我才敢夸口对您柔情似水,
Till then, not show my head where thou mayst prove me.
我从前躲闪,是怕您考验我的雄威。