Thank you.
谢谢
I'm honored to be with you today for your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world.
我今天很荣幸能和你们一起参加毕业典礼 斯坦福大学是世界上最好的大学之一
Today I want to tell you three stories from my life.
今天我想向你们讲述我生活中的三个故事
That's it. No big deal. Just three stories.
不是什么大不了的事情 只是三个故事而已
The first story is about connecting the dots.
第一个故事是关于如何把生命中的点点滴滴串连起来
Of course it was impossible to connect the dots looking forward when I was in college.
当然我在大学的时候 还不可能把从前的点点滴滴串连起来
But it was very, very clear looking backwards ten years later.
但是当我十年后回顾这一切的时候 真的豁然开朗了
Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.
再次说明的是 你在向前展望的时候不可能将这些片断串连起来 你只能在回顾的时候将点点滴滴串连起来
So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.
所以你必须相信这些片断会在你未来的某一天串连起来
You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.
你必须要相信某些东西:你的勇气、目的、生命、因缘
Because believing the dots will connect down the road,will give you the confidence to follow your heart,
如果你相信你所追求的事情 你就不再感到害怕
even when it lead you of the well-worn path and that will make all the difference.
即使你的选择不被主流认同 只是让我的生命更加地与众不同而已