手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第69期:渔夫(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Chapter 7 The fisherman

第7章 渔夫
Ⅰsat on a hill-top and thought about my next move.
我坐在山顶上,考虑下一步怎么办。
I wasn't very happy, because although I had escaped, I was feeling very ill.
我不太开心,因为虽然我逃出来,可是感觉很难受。
The smoke had been very unpleasant, and the day on the roof had made things worse.
火药的烟味很难闻,而且在塔顶上藏了一整天更让人受不了。
I had a terrible headache, and my arm hurt so badly that I could not move it.
我头疼欲裂,胳膊伤得动也动不了。
I decided to go back to Mr. Turnbull's house and find my clothes and Scudder's notebook.
我决定还回特恩布尔先生的家,找回我的衣服和斯卡德尔的笔记本。
Then I would take a train to the south.
然后乘火车向南走。
The sooner I met Sir Harry's friend in the government, Sir Walter Bullivant, the better.
我越早见到哈里爵士在政府的朋友,瓦尔特·布利万特爵士就越好。
I hoped he would believe my story, but, even if he did not,
希望他能相信我的话,即使不相信,
I would be safer with him, or even the British police, than with those men at the farmhouse.
和他呆在一起,或者和英国警察呆在一起也比和这间农舍的家伙在一起要安全。
It was a clear, starry night and easy to find my way across the hills.
夜色晴朗,繁星满天,翻山寻路并不困难。
I thought I was probably about thirty kilometres from Mr. Turnbull's house, so I could not get there in one night.
我思忖距特恩布尔先生的家大概有三十公里左右,看来一夜到不了。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。