But I have never since been embarrassed to myself as
但从那之后我再也没有因为
what I might previously have thought was a stupid question.
此前我可能会觉得愚蠢的问题而为自己感到羞愧
My Harvard degree and other awards are emblems of the experiences which led me to them.
我的哈佛学位和其他的奖励成为我经历的象征
The wood-paneled lecture halls,
木制地板的讲堂
the colorful fall leaves,
多彩的树叶
the hot vanilla Toscaninis,
热腾腾的香草托斯卡尼尼
reading great novels in overstuffed library chairs,
坐在堆满东西的图书馆椅子上看精彩的小说
running through dinning halls screaming,"Ooh! Ah! City step, city step, city step, city step."
跑过食堂的时候大声尖叫 唔 啊 城市脚步 城市脚步 城市脚步 城市脚步
Ooh whoool! It's easy now to romanticize my time here,
呜呼 现在很容易就能回想起我在这里浪漫的时光
but I had some very difficult times here, too.
但我在这里也有过十分艰苦的日子
Some combination of being 19, dealing with my first heartbreak,
那时我19岁 初次因分手而心碎
taking birth control pills that have since been taking off the market for their depressive side effects,
吃着避孕药 后来那药因为导致抑郁的副作用停产了
and spending too much time missing daylight during winter months
而且冬天几个月不下楼 也见不到阳光
led me to some pretty dark moments,
两者加在一起 导致我的日子十分黑暗
particularly during sophomore year.
尤其是在大二那年
There were several occasions I started crying in meetings with professors,
曾经有那么几次 我在和教授交流的时痛哭流涕
overwhelmed with what I supposed to pull off
(因为)不知道自己该如何努力而崩溃
when I could barely get myself out of bed in the morning.
那个时候我每天早上连起床都相当困难