I felt like there had been some mistake
我感觉肯定是哪里出了错
that I wasn't smart enough to be in this company and that every time I opened my mouth
感觉我的智商不配来这 而我每次开口说话时
I would have to prove that I wasn't just a dumb actress.
都必须要证明我不只是个白痴的女演员而已
So I start with an apology.
所以我要先道个歉
This won't be very funny.
这场演讲不会太搞笑
I'm not a comedian.
我不是个谐星
And I didn't get a ghost writer.
我也没找写手代笔
But I am here to tell you today,
不过今天我在这里是要告诉你们
Harvard is giving you all diplomas tomorrow.
哈佛明天就要给你们毕业证书了
You are here for a reason.
你们到这里是有原因的
Sometimes your insecurities and your inexperience may lead you, too,
有时你的不自信和无经验也会导致
to embrace other people's expectations, standards, or values.
你去接受别人的期待 标准或价值
But you can harness that inexperience to carve out your own path,
但你们要知道 无经验可以造就你自己的路
one that is free of the burden of knowing how things are supposed to be,
一条没有 事情本应怎样做 之负担的路
a path that is defined by its own particular set of reasons.
一条由你自己的理由来定义的路