手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 三十九级台阶(第4级) > 正文

三十九级台阶 第11期:死人(11)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

I didn't listen very carefully. I was interested in Scudder's adventures,

我不甚认真地听着。因为我对斯卡德尔的冒险故事感兴趣,
but I wasn't very interested in politics.
而对政治无所谓。
I remember that he said Karolides was only in danger in London.
我记得他说过卡罗里德斯只有在伦敦才有危险。
He also mentioned a woman called Julia Czechenyi.
我还记得他提过一个叫朱莉娅·采奇尼的女人。
He talked about a Black Stone and a man who lisped when he spoke.
他谈过一个叫黑石的人和一个说话口齿不清的人。
And he described another man, perhaps the most dangerous of them all
他还绘声绘色地说起另外一个人,这个人可能最为险恶
an old man with a young voice who could hood his eyes like a hawk.
一个说话声音像年轻人,像猫头鹰似地眯着眼睛的老人。
The next evening I had to go out.
第二天晚上我得出去一下,
I was meeting a man I had known in Africa for dinner.
去见一个在非洲的熟人,并一块吃顿饭。
When I returned to the flat, I was surprised to see that the light in the study was out.
我回到寓所时吃惊地看到书房的灯关掉了。
I wondered if Scudder had gone to bed early.
我想斯卡德尔是不是早早睡觉了。
I turned on the light, but there was nobody there.
打开灯,但一个人也没有。
Then I saw something in the corner that made my blood turn cold.
后来看到墙角处有个什么东西,吓得我浑身冰凉。
Scudder was lying on his back.
斯卡德尔仰面朝天躺着。
There was a long knife through his heart, pinning him to the floor.
一把长刀贯穿心脏,把他钉在地板上。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
hawk [hɔ:k]

想一想再看

n. 鹰,掠夺别人的人,鹰派人物
n. 清嗓<

联想记忆
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。