Now what I'm suppose to be and talking about?
我现在打算做什么?谈什么?
I just interrupt a moment
我只是中断片刻
and say I'm not quite sure.
我不太确定讲什么
But if any of you here are interested at all
但是如果你们任何人感兴趣
and submitting anything to
提交任何关于
either the present Lewis television things.
目前路易斯电视剧的建议
If you got a good story, if you got a good story,
如果你有一个好故事
don't tell anybody about it.
不要告诉任何人
It's a rare thing to be able to fashion a story and write about it.
构思一个故事并写下来是很罕有的事情
We are in St. Johns, aren't we here?
我们在圣约翰,不是吗?
Iris Stocker once said:" if you got a story,
爱丽丝?斯托克曾说:"如果你有一个故事
what you want is a beginning, and a middle and an end."
你要有开头,中间,结尾"
And my great hero Houseman who was here,
我伟大的男主角豪斯曼在圣约翰学院
the great, the greatest of the poet scholars,
最伟大的诗人学者
The scholar poets in the whole of English literature, he was here,
整个英国文学史上的最伟大的学者诗人在这里
and so was Phillip Larkin, wasn't he?
菲利普?拉金也在这里,不是吗?
In St Johns College, and Larkin said:
在圣约翰学院,拉金说:
"No, that's nonsense what Alice Dotwood said,
"不,爱丽丝?多特伍德所说的纯属无稽之谈
you real need the beginning and the middle ,
你需要故事的开头,中间
and middle, and an end."
中间和结尾"
If you going to start from Oxford
如果你在牛津开始创作
and decide that you are going to Edinburgh, you know you can say:
又决定去爱丁堡,你可以说:
well, Oxford is where we will find a few body bags,
哦,我们会在牛津发现一些运尸袋
91 body bags we had,
我们发现了91个运尸袋
it's not because I was so besotted with what I had written,
并不是因为我沉醉于我的著作
and there it was, but somebody when he was 69,
有人在他69岁时
wrote in to me and said to me: Do you know
写信问我:你知道
how many people you murdered in Oxford?
你在牛津谋杀了多少人吗?
69, so I cut it out and put it on the side of the television, 69
我把这个数剪下来,放在电视的一侧
and afterward, the next episode, I'll just put plus 3, you know that.
然后,下一章我会再加3个数
And I may have of missed one or two but anyway, in ended up
无论如何,结束时我可能漏掉了一两个
but I feel that if you are interested at all
但是只要你有兴趣
and seeing how you have to come along, and we go along and see.
那么我们就一起走着瞧
So I brought some here, there's no copyright
我带过来一些,没有版权
and if we wanted to take out, shall I leave them on here at the end,
如果你想带走,我结束时会把它们留在这
take three or four of these, there's plenty of it,
带个三四张,这里有很多
no copyright problems at all, it's how you should if you are anxious,
没有任何版权问题,你们不必担心的
if you've got some bright idea, get down to it,
如果有一些好想法,把它写下来
and you'll have to send them off as laid out in these sheets,
你写在纸上后必须把它们寄出去
page us from old Morse and Lewis things
这些就是以前写莫尔斯和路易斯留下的
so I leave it there.
放在这边
I shan't be sending you an invoice or anything like that,
我不会给你们寄发票什么的
anyway, there we are.
不管怎样,就是这样