手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:通过法律方式解决问题

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • I'm not sure about this civil lawsuit.
  • 这次民事诉讼我可不是很有把握。
  • I don't want a long trial.
  • 我不希望是一次漫长的审判。
  • Relax. This case will never go to trial.
  • 放松。这个案子不会到法庭审判阶段的。
  • For disputes of this kind, neither party wants to fight it out in court, so we almost always reach a settlement.
  • 对于这类纠纷,任何一方都不想在法庭上争得头破血流,因此我们几乎总是达成和解。
  • If we do go to court, the legal fees could skyrocket.
  • 如果我们到了法庭上,法律费用就会急剧增加。
  • I couldn't afford that.
  • 我可负担不起。
  • If we reach a settlement, you won't have to worry too much about that.
  • 如果我们达成和解,你就不必过于担心。
  • All right, but what if they don't want to admit wrongdoing?
  • 好的,但是,如果他们不想承认错误呢?
  • If we reach a settlement, they don't need to.
  • 如果我们达成和解,他们就不需要那样做。
  • They'll simply pay out.
  • 他们会直接赔付。
  • Even if they don't admit it, at least I'll be able to talk freely about it.
  • 即使他们不承认这一点,至少我可以自由谈论。
  • Well, that might be a problem.
  • 嗯,这可能是个问题。
  • Many settlements require confidentiality-from both parties.
  • 双方对许多协议都需要保密。
  • You mean if I settle, I can't talk about it?
  • 你的意思是如果我选择和解,我就不能讨论案情?
  • If there is a confidentiality clause, you'd be in breach of contract if you discussed the settlement.
  • 如果有保密条款,如果你讨论的话就是违反条约。
  • I didn't know that.
  • 我不是很明白。
  • You mean I can't talk about what they did to me without getting my day in court?
  • 你的意思是我不上法庭就不能谈论他们对我所做的吗?
  • That's the long and short of it.
  • 这就是概括地说。
  • I guess justice is blind–but only for the rich!
  • 我猜正义是盲目的,但只对富人而言!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》

Nadia:I'm not sure about this civil lawsuit.

纳蒂亚:这次民事诉讼我可不是很有把握。
I don't want a long trial.
我不希望是一次漫长的审判。
Andre:Relax. This case will never go to trial.
安德烈:放松。这个案子不会到法庭审判阶段的。
For disputes of this kind, neither party wants to fight it out in court, so we almost always reach a settlement.
对于这类纠纷,任何一方都不想在法庭上争得头破血流,因此我们几乎总是达成和解。
Nadia:If we do go to court, the legal fees could skyrocket.
纳蒂亚:如果我们到了法庭上,法律费用就会急剧增加。
I couldn't afford that.
我可负担不起。

Andre:If we reach a settlement, you won't have to worry too much about that.

安德烈:如果我们达成和解,你就不必过于担心。
Nadia:All right, but what if they don't want to admit wrongdoing?
纳蒂亚:好的,但是,如果他们不想承认错误呢?
Andre:If we reach a settlement, they don't need to.
安德烈:如果我们达成和解,他们就不需要那样做。
They'll simply pay out.
他们会直接赔付。
Nadia:Even if they don't admit it, at least I'll be able to talk freely about it.
纳蒂亚:即使他们不承认这一点,至少我可以自由谈论。
Andre:Well, that might be a problem.
安德烈:嗯,这可能是个问题。
Many settlements require confidentiality-from both parties.
双方对许多协议都需要保密。
Nadia:You mean if I settle, I can't talk about it?
纳蒂亚:你的意思是如果我选择和解,我就不能讨论案情?
Andre:If there is a confidentiality clause, you'd be in breach of contract if you discussed the settlement.
安德烈:如果有保密条款,如果你讨论的话就是违反条约。
Nadia:I didn't know that.
纳蒂亚:我不是很明白。
You mean I can't talk about what they did to me without getting my day in court?
你的意思是我不上法庭就不能谈论他们对我所做的吗?
Andre:That's the long and short of it.
安德烈:这就是概括地说。
Nadia:I guess justice is blindbut only for the rich!
纳蒂亚:我猜正义是盲目的,但只对富人而言!

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
trial ['traiəl]

想一想再看

adj. 尝试性的; 审讯的
n. 尝试,努力

 
lawsuit ['lɔ:sju:t]

想一想再看

n. 诉讼,控诉

 
breach [bri:tʃ]

想一想再看

n. 裂口,破坏,违背,(浪的)冲击,决裂
v

联想记忆
settle ['setl]

想一想再看

v. 安顿,解决,定居
n. 有背的长凳

 
clause [klɔ:z]

想一想再看

n. 条款,款项,[语]从句,分句

联想记忆
wrongdoing ['rɔŋ'du:ŋ, 'rɔ:ŋ-]

想一想再看

n. 不道德的行为;坏事

 
legal ['li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 法律的,合法的,法定的

联想记忆
confidentiality [,kɔnfi,denʃi'æliti]

想一想再看

n. 机密,机密性

 
contract ['kɔntrækt,kən'trækt]

想一想再看

n. 合同,契约,婚约,合约
v. 订合同,缩

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。