高木:在我们公布这份报告之前,我需要你进行核实。
I don't want a repeat of what happened last year.
我不想再发生去年的事情。
Ellie:What happened last year? I wasn't working here then.
爱丽:去年发生了什么?那时我还没在这里工作。
Takagi:Last year's report had a lot of small inaccuracies and a few major errors.
高木:去年的报告有很多小错误而且还有一些大错。
We ended up having to issue a second version of the report.
我们最终必须出具该报告的第二版本。
Ellie:Okay, but I thought it had already been signed off on by the department heads.
爱丽:好的,但我认为这份报告已经由部门主管签署。
Takagi:It has, but those are the same department heads who skimmed the report last year and didn't catch all those problems.
高木:的确如此,但去年同样是草草读了这份报告的那些部门主管也没发现其中的问题。
I want you to go through it with a fine-tooth comb.
我想让你彻底的进行核查。
Ellie:What should I check?
爱丽:我该怎么检查?
Takagi:Everything. I want you to verify the facts and figures and to flag anything that is outright wrong or even a little suspect.
高木:从头到尾细细核查。我希望你验证事实和数字, 标记完全错误的东西,甚至质疑的也标记出来。
Ellie:Okay, I'll do that, but this will take some time.
爱丽:好的,我会去做,但这需要一些时间。
Takagi:What are you doing this weekend?
高木:这个周末你在做什么?
Ellie:Nothing, now.
爱丽:什么也没安排,至少现在是这样。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载