手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 综合听力 > 地道美语播客(常速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:失败的政府项目

编辑:mike   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • How long do you think it will be before the stadium is finished?
  • 你认为这座体育场完成还需要多久?
  • Don't hold your breath.
  • 别屏住呼吸啊。
  • The plan for the stadium is fundamentally flawed, but the government rammed it down the throats of the voters.
  • 这座体育场的计划存在根本性缺陷,但政府却硬扛下来以堵住选民们的嘴。
  • Do you really think the project is doomed?
  • 你真的认为这个项目完蛋了吗?
  • Haven't you heard the reports of corruption and poor management?
  • 你没听说过腐败及管理不善的报告吗?
  • They're cutting corners left and right.
  • 他们到处偷工减料。
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium is being built with shoddy materials.
  • 如果这座体育场是用劣质材料建造,我不会感到惊讶的。
  • Then the entire thing is a joke!
  • 那整个事情就是一个笑话!
  • Yes, and the joke is on us.
  • 是的,这个笑话正发生在我们身上。
  • Government officials are going through the motions, not caring about the results.
  • 政府官员正在走过场,他们才不关心结果。
  • All they care about is lining their pockets.
  • 他们只关心自己的口袋。
  • I have heard about the cost overruns.
  • 我已听说过成本超支的事情。
  • Do you think the city will ever recoup the money spent on this project?
  • 你认为这个城市会在这个项目上收回成本吗?
  • Maybe a little, if we can sell the entire thing as scrap metal!
  • 也许是一点点,如果我们能把这整个破玩意当破烂卖掉的话就可以!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

欲降低难度还请关注《地道美语播客(慢速版)》

Mariana:How long do you think it will be before the stadium is finished?

马里亚纳:你认为这座体育场完成还需要多久?
Klaus:Don't hold your breath.
克劳斯:别屏住呼吸啊。
The plan for the stadium is fundamentally flawed, but the government rammed it down the throats of the voters.
这座体育场的计划存在根本性缺陷,但政府却硬扛下来以堵住选民们的嘴。
Mariana:Do you really think the project is doomed?
马里亚纳:你真的认为这个项目完蛋了吗?

Klaus:Haven't you heard the reports of corruption and poor management?

克劳斯:你没听说过腐败及管理不善的报告吗?
They're cutting corners left and right.
他们到处偷工减料。
I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium is being built with shoddy materials.
如果这座体育场是用劣质材料建造,我不会感到惊讶的。
Mariana:Then the entire thing is a joke!
马里亚纳:那整个事情就是一个笑话!
Klaus:Yes, and the joke is on us.
克劳斯:是的,这个笑话正发生在我们身上。
Government officials are going through the motions, not caring about the results.
政府官员正在走过场,他们才不关心结果。
All they care about is lining their pockets.
他们只关心自己的口袋。
Mariana:I have heard about the cost overruns.
马里亚纳:我已听说过成本超支的事情。
Do you think the city will ever recoup the money spent on this project?
你认为这个城市会在这个项目上收回成本吗?
Klaus:Maybe a little, if we can sell the entire thing as scrap metal!
克劳斯:也许是一点点,如果我们能把这整个破玩意当破烂卖掉的话就可以!

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
doomed [dumd]

想一想再看

adj. 命中注定的 动词doom的过去式和过去分词

 
scrap [skræp]

想一想再看

n. 碎片,废品
vt. 舍弃,报废

联想记忆
corruption [kə'rʌpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 腐败,堕落,贪污

联想记忆
shoddy ['ʃɔdi]

想一想再看

n. 次品,劣质产品 adj. 劣质的

联想记忆
flawed [flɔ:d]

想一想再看

adj. 有缺陷的;有瑕疵的;有裂纹的

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。