维克多:我们需要不畏艰险。
In the meeting today, we're going to give it to them straight, no more hemming and hawing.
在今天的开会期间,我们要直截了当,不再半天支支吾吾,默默唧唧。
Maura:You're right.
莫拉:你是对的。
We need to tell them what we really think and be done with it.
我们需要告诉他们我们真正想做的事情。
Victor:Definitely. We've been conciliatory long enough.
维克多:当然。我们默不作声很长时间了。
Today, we need to be insistent without being too pushy.
今天,我们需要坚持己见,但不咄咄逼人。
Maura:Being unassuming and deferential has its place, but not if we seem meek.
莫拉:我们要不装腔作势,毕恭毕敬,但我们不要看起来很温顺。
We need to be assertive without being too in-your-face.
我们需要将自信写在脸上,但不胆大妄为。
Victor:You're absolutely right.
维克多:绝对正确。
One of us has to speak up.
我们当中一个人必须畅所欲言。
Maura:Yes, one of us has to be bold.
莫拉:是的,这个人必须胆大心细。
They'll have to take us seriously this time.
这一次他们将不得不认真对待我们。
Victor:Okay, ready?
维克多:好吧,准备好了吗?
Maura:Sure, I have your back.
莫拉:当然,我挺你。
Victor:Huh? I thought you were going to do the talking.
维克多:嗯?我以为你会发言。
Maura:Uh, I thought you were.
莫拉:嗯,我认为你才是那个。
Victor:Maybe we should wait for the next meeting to take them on.
维克多:也许我们应该等待下次会议。
Maura:I totally agree.
莫拉:我完全同意。
It'll give us a little time to work up to it.
这段时间我们可以用来准备。
Victor:Exactly!
维克多:完全正确!