手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 织工马南(第4级) > 正文

织工马南 第83期:埃比长大了(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Nancy's religion was extremely important to her.
  • 宗教信仰对南茜非常重要,
  • She firmly believed that people should accept whatever happened to them in life,
  • 她坚信人们应当接受命运赋予他们的一切,
  • because it was God who decided everything.
  • 因为那是上帝安排的,
  • But she understood how difficult it was for Godfrey to accept that their marriage would be childless.
  • 但她知道戈弗雷是多么难以接受他们没有孩子的婚姻。
  • 'Was I right, 'she wondered for the hundredth time, 'to refuse him, when he said we should adopt a child?
  • 我这样对吗?南茜第100次问自己,拒绝按他说的去收养一个孩子?
  • I believe that if God hasn't given us a child, it's because God doesn't want us to have one.
  • 我想上帝没给我们孩子是因为他不想让我们有孩子。
  • I'm sure I'm right. But poor Godfrey! It's worse for him than for me.
  • 我想我是对的。可是可怜的戈弗雷,他比我要痛苦,
  • I've got him, and the house, and now the dairy to think about.
  • 我拥有了他,拥有了房子,又将有牛奶厂,
  • But although he's always good to me,
  • 可他虽然对我一直很好,
  • I know he's unhappy-he wants children so much! '
  • 可我知道他并不开心--他太想要孩子了。
  • From the first moment Godfrey had spoken of adopting a child, he had mentioned Eppie's name.
  • 戈弗雷第一次提起收养孩子的时候就讲到了埃比的名字。
  • She had always been the child he wanted to adopt.
  • 他一直很想收养她,


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Nancy's religion was extremely important to her.

宗教信仰对南茜非常重要,
She firmly believed that people should accept whatever happened to them in life,
她坚信人们应当接受命运赋予他们的一切,
because it was God who decided everything.
因为那是上帝安排的,
But she understood how difficult it was for Godfrey to accept that their marriage would be childless.
但她知道戈弗雷是多么难以接受他们没有孩子的婚姻。
'Was I right, 'she wondered for the hundredth time, 'to refuse him, when he said we should adopt a child?
我这样对吗?南茜第100次问自己,拒绝按他说的去收养一个孩子?
I believe that if God hasn't given us a child, it's because God doesn't want us to have one.
我想上帝没给我们孩子是因为他不想让我们有孩子。
I'm sure I'm right. But poor GodfreyIt's worse for him than for me.
我想我是对的。可是可怜的戈弗雷,他比我要痛苦,
I've got him, and the house, and now the dairy to think about.
我拥有了他,拥有了房子,又将有牛奶厂,
But although he's always good to me,
可他虽然对我一直很好,
I know he's unhappy-he wants children so much'
可我知道他并不开心--他太想要孩子了。
From the first moment Godfrey had spoken of adopting a child, he had mentioned Eppie's name.
戈弗雷第一次提起收养孩子的时候就讲到了埃比的名字。
She had always been the child he wanted to adopt.
他一直很想收养她,

重点单词   查看全部解释    
refuse [ri'fju:z]

想一想再看

v. 拒绝
n. 垃圾,废物

联想记忆
extremely [iks'tri:mli]

想一想再看

adv. 极其,非常

联想记忆
adopt [ə'dɔpt]

想一想再看

v. 采用,收养,接受

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。