手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 织工马南(第4级) > 正文

织工马南 第80期:埃比长大了(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Chapter 8 Eppie has grown up

第8章 埃比长大了
It was a bright autumn Sunday, sixteen years after Silas had found Eppie in his cottage.
这是西拉斯在小屋找到埃比16年后的秋天的一个晴朗的礼拜日。
The Raveloe church bells were ringing, and people were coming out of church after the morning service.
瑞福洛教堂的钟声响了,做完晨祷的人们陆续走出教堂。
First came the new squire, Godfrey Cass, looking a little heavier now, but with a straight back and a firm step.
走在最前面的是新的乡绅戈弗雷·凯斯,他比以前胖了一些,可是背很直,步伐也很坚定。
On his arm was his wife Nancy, still a pretty woman.
他的太太南茜挽着他的胳膊。南茜仍然那么漂亮。
Just behind them came Mr. Lammeter and Priscilla.
在他们后面的是拉默特先生和普丽西拉。
They all went into the Red House.
大家一起走进了红屋。
'You and Priscilla will stay for tea, won't you? Nancy asked her father.
你和普丽西拉会在这儿喝茶吧?南茜问自己的父亲。
'My dear, you must ask Priscilla, 'replied Mr. Lammeter with a smile. '
亲爱的,那得问问普丽西拉,拉默特先生笑着说,
She manages me and the farm as well. '
她既管着农场,也管着我。
'Well, it's better for your health if I manage everything, father, 'said Priscilla.
一切由我来管对你有好处,爸爸。普丽西拉说,
'Then there's nothing for you to worry about.
这样你就不用为各种事操心了。
No, Nancy dear, we must go home now.
不,亲爱的南茜,我们得回家去了。
But you and I can have a walk round the garden while the servants are getting the horses ready.
不过咱们可以趁用人备马的时候到花园里去走一走。


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。