手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语听力入门 > 地道美语播客(慢速版) > 正文

地道美语听力播客:偶然发现家族的惊天秘密!

编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • What's the matter? Are you okay?
  • 发生什么事情了?你还好吗?
  • You know that my mother's funeral was last weekend.
  • 你知道,上周是我母亲的葬礼。
  • I brought some of her papers home with me to sort through and I've had a shock.
  • 我把她的一些遗言带回家整理的时候被吓了一跳。
  • What? An old family secret? Some skeleton in the closet?
  • 怎么了?有什么古老的家族秘密吗?家丑不可外扬?
  • It was for my mother. While reading some of her letters, I found out that she had a son out of wedlock when she was young and she gave the baby up for adoption.
  • 是关于我母亲的。阅读这些信的时候,我发现母亲未婚时曾生下了一个儿子,她把孩子送给别人收养。
  • Wow, that's a bombshell!
  • 哇哦,这可真是一个重磅炸弹!
  • Yeah, I feel like I've been sucker punched. This is life- changing.
  • 是呀,我觉得就像是五雷轰顶一般。人生如戏啊。
  • Maybe you can ask your aunts and uncles about it.
  • 也许你可以问问你的姑妈或者叔叔。
  • But what if my mother didn't disclose this to me for a reason?
  • 但是如果母亲她有不得以的苦衷呢?
  • I don't want to air her dirty laundry now that she's gone.
  • 我不想让已经离世的亲人蒙尘。
  • You wouldn't be airing dirty laundry.
  • 你这样做并不是对先人不敬。
  • A part of your family history has come to light and you have questions.
  • 家族的秘密已经初显端倪,而且你充满了疑问。
  • That's natural. And plus, you're keeping it in the family.
  • 这是很平常的事情。再说了,这只是家族内部的事情。
  • But maybe they'll feel like I'm dredging up something they wish had been forgotten.
  • 也许他们不想我去追忆一些应该忘却的旧事。
  • Or maybe they've been waiting for a chance to talk about it.
  • 或者他们只是在等待一个适合的机会坦露这件事。
  • You haven't mentioned the most shocking part.
  • 你还没有说最让你震惊的事情呢?
  • What's that?
  • 是什么事情?
  • You may have a half-brother somewhere out there.
  • 你可能有一位同母异父的哥哥。
  • Oh my God, you're right. That possibility is both thrilling and terrifying!
  • 哦,天呢,对啊。这件事才是既惊人又可怕的!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
尹:发生什么事情了?你还好吗?
Kelly: You know that my mothers funeral was last weekend. I brought some of her papers home with me to sort through and Ive had a shock.
凯利:你知道,上周是我母亲的葬礼。我把她的一些遗言带回家整理的时候被吓了一跳。
Yoon: What? An old family secret? Some skeleton in the closet?
尹:怎么了?有什么古老的家族秘密吗?家丑不可外扬?

pod161212.jpg

Kelly: It was for my mother. While reading some of her letters, I found out that she had a son out of wedlock when she was young and she gave the baby up for adoption.

凯利:是关于我母亲的。阅读这些信的时候,我发现母亲未婚时曾生下了一个儿子,她把孩子送给别人收养。
Yoon: Wow, thats a bombshell!
尹:哇哦,这可真是一个重磅炸弹!
Kelly: Yeah, I feel like Ive been sucker punched. This is life- changing.
凯利:是呀,我觉得就像是五雷轰顶一般。人生如戏啊。
Yoon: Maybe you can ask your aunts and uncles about it.
尹:也许你可以问问你的姑妈或者叔叔。
Kelly: But what if my mother didnt disclose this to me for a reason? I dont want to air her dirty laundry now that shes gone.
凯利:但是如果母亲她有不得以的苦衷呢?我不想让已经离世的亲人蒙尘。
Yoon: You wouldnt be airing dirty laundry. A part of your family history has come to light and you have questions. Thats natural. And plus, youre keeping it in the family.
尹:你这样做并不会让母亲蒙尘。家族的秘密已经初显端倪,而且你十分好奇。这是很平常的事情。再说了,这只是家族内部的事情。
Kelly: But maybe theyll feel like Im dredging up something they wish had been forgotten.
凯利:也许他们不想我去追忆一些本该忘却的事情。
Yoon: Or maybe theyve been waiting for a chance to talk about it. You havent mentioned the most shocking part.
尹:或者他们只是在等待一个适合的机会坦露这件事。你还没有说最让你震惊的事情呢?
Kelly: Whats that?
凯利:是什么事情?
Yoon: You may have a half-brother somewhere out there.
尹:你可能有一位同母异父的哥哥。
Kelly: Oh my God, youre right. That possibility is both thrilling and terrifying!
凯利:哦,天呢,对啊。这件事才是既惊人又可怕的!

译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载

重点单词   查看全部解释    
laundry ['lɔ:ndri]

想一想再看

n. 洗衣店,要洗的衣服,洗衣

联想记忆
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
skeleton ['skelitn]

想一想再看

n. 骨架,纲要,骨骼,骨瘦如柴的人或动物,家丑

 
disclose [dis'kləuz]

想一想再看

vt. 揭露

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。