手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语美文欣赏 > 经典英语美文背诵100篇 > 正文

经典英语美文背诵100篇(MP3+中英字幕) 第38期:伊拉克战争中牺牲战士写给儿子的信

来源:可可英语 编辑:wendy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • To son, Cecil,
  • 给儿子塞西尔:
  • Just a quick note preface before I start in earnest.
  • 在正式开始前先简单说几句。
  • When I wrote this you were 8, still a little boy.
  • 当我写这封信的时候,你才8岁,还是一个小男孩。
  • In 2002, I was called to active duty in the Marine Corps in the War on Terrorism.
  • 2002年,我被征召在海军陆战队服现役,参加反恐战争。
  • On the 11th of September 2001 when America was attacked,
  • 2001年9月11日美国遭受袭击之时,
  • I knew that I would eventually have to go and I was filled with a deep sense of sadness.
  • 我便知道我终究是要走的,我为此感到深深的悲哀。
  • That night as you and Keiko were asleep, I looked at your little faces and couldn't help but fight the tears.
  • 那天晚上,当你和惠子熟睡之际,我看着你们的小脸蛋,强忍着眼中的泪水。
  • I knew it would be hard for you because I had a similar experience.
  • 我知道接下来的日子对你们会是艰难的,因为我也有过类似的经历。
  • When I was a little boy aged 6, my Dad, your Grandpa Cawley, was sent to Vietnam during the War there.
  • 当我还是一个6岁的孩子的时候,我爸爸,也就是你们的爷爷考利,被派往越南参加那里的战争。
  • I remember how much I missed him, too.
  • 我还记得当时我也是多么地想念他。
  • But now unfortunately I have come to realise just how rough it must have been for Grandpa to be away from his children for a year.
  • 然而不幸的是,现在我开始体会到,你爷爷离开自己的孩子们一年之久,该是多么痛苦的事情。
  • Thinking about this, I wanted to put my thoughts and feelings down for you and your sister.
  • 想到这些,我打算把我的想法和感受给你和你妹妹写下来。
  • I am so sorry that I had to leave for such a long time.
  • 我非常难过不得不离开这么长时间。
  • There is no place I would rather be than with you and Keiko.
  • 除了与你和惠子在一起,我哪儿也不愿去。
  • You two are the lights of my life.
  • 你们俩是我生命中的光芒。
  • I have known no greater joy than in the few years since you two were born.
  • 你们俩来到这个世界后的这几年,是我生命中最快乐的时光。
  • I hope to have many more years with you.
  • 我希望还可以和你们一起度过更多的岁月。
  • If this doesn't happen, then know that I love you more than words can express.
  • 如果事情没能如此,我希望你们知道我对你们的爱无法言传。
  • If for some reason I don't make it home, I will need you to take care of your little sister and your Mom.
  • 如果因故我不能再回到家里,我需要你来照顾你妹妹和妈妈。
  • You will be the Man of the Cawley family.
  • 你将是考利家族的男人。
  • Be good my son and God will watch over you as he has me.
  • 乖一点,我的孩子,如果上帝将我收回,他会照看你的。
  • I will be waiting impatiently for the time when we can all be together again.
  • 我会焦急地等待着我们全家重聚的那一天。
  • All my love, Dad
  • 我全部的爱, 爸爸
  • (Two days after Cawley's death, his last letter arrived at his family's home in Utah.
  • (在考利阵亡后2天,他最后的家书到达了他在犹他州的家。
  • Written on the packaging of an MRE Meal Ready to Eat, the US military's frontline ration
  • 信是写在美军前线士兵配给的快餐包装纸上的。
  • it consisted of a message in Japanese to his wife and his final words to his children.)
  • 信中有用日文写给妻子的留言,以及给孩子们的绝笔。)
  • Dear Cecil and Keiko,
  • 亲爱的塞西尔和惠子:
  • Hi little guys. How are you? Daddy is fine.
  • 嗨,小家伙们。你们好吗?爸爸很好。
  • I miss you. Send me a letter okay.
  • 我想念你们。给我来封信好吗?
  • It will make me very happy.
  • 那会让我非常开心的。
  • I am proud of you.
  • 我为你们而自豪。
  • You are such good kids.
  • 你们都是这么好的孩子。
  • I will see you again.
  • 我会与你们重聚的。
  • Love, Daddy
  • 爱你们的爸爸


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

To son, Cecil,

Just a quick note preface before I start in earnest. When I wrote this you were 8, still a little boy. In 2002, I was called to active duty in the Marine Corps in the War on Terrorism. On the 11th of September 2001 when America was attacked, I knew that I would eventually have to go and I was filled with a deep senseof sadness. That night as you and Keiko were asleep, I looked at your little faces and couldnt help but fight the tears. I knew it would be hard for you because I had a similar experience. When I was a little boy aged 6, my Dad, your Grandpa Cawley, was sent to Vietnam during the War there. I remember how much I missed him, too. But now unfortunately I have come to realise just how rough it must have been for Grandpa to be away from his children for a year. Thinking about this, I wanted to put my thoughts and feelings downfor you and your sister. I am so sorry that I had to leave for such a long time. There is no place I wouldrather be than with you and Keiko. You two are the lights of my life. I have known no greater joy than in the few years since you two were born. I hope to have many more years with you. If this doesnt happen, then know that I love you more than words can express. If for some reason I dont make it home, I will need you to take care of your little sister and your Mom. You will be the Man of the Cawley family. Be good my son and God will watch over you as he has me. I will be waiting impatiently for the time when we can allbe together again.

All my love, Dad

(Two days after Cawleys death, his last letter arrived at his familys home in Utah. Written on the packaging of an MRE Meal Ready to Eat, the US militarys frontline ration it consisted of a message in Japanese to his wife and his final words to his children.)

Dear Cecil and Keiko,

Hi little guys. How are you? Daddy is fine. I miss you. Send me a letter okay. It will make me very happy.I am proud of you. You are such good kids. I will see you again.

Love, Daddy -

重点单词   查看全部解释    
preface ['prefəs]

想一想再看

n. 序文,绪言,前言
v. 作序,写前言,以

联想记忆
ration ['ræʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定额,定量,配给 vt. 限量供应

联想记忆
military ['militəri]

想一想再看

adj. 军事的
n. 军队

联想记忆
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
rough [rʌf]

想一想再看

adj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。