Okay, Babydoll Pink, let's see if you can cover up the fact that I got my dad's feet.
粉色指甲油 看看你能不能把我爸遗传的大脚遮小点
It's just two degrees, Sheldon. I just want to turn up the thermostat two degrees!
谢尔顿 就两度 我只想把恒温器调高两度
Let me point out that two degrees can be the difference between water and steam.
让我像你指出 两度可以是水和蒸汽的差异
Yes, if we lived in a teakettle.
我们又不是住在茶壶里
This is the temperature you agreed to in the roommate agreement.
你在室友协议中同意了这个温度
Aw, screw the roommate agreement!
去你的室友协议
No, you don't screw the roommate agreement.
不许你鄙视室友协议
The roommate agreement screws you. You know what, go to hell and set their thermostat.
室友协议鄙视你 跟你的恒温器下地狱去吧
I don't have to go to hell. At 73 degrees, I'm there already!
我根本不用下地狱 调成73度 我已经在地狱了
Who is it? Leonard. Hang on. Can I sleep on your couch tonight?
谁啊 莱纳德 等等 我今晚能睡你沙发上吗
Uh, well, you can try, but the people across the hall are being very noisy.
可以 不过对门的人一直很吵
You heard that, huh?
你听到了吧
Apparently, the one fella tried to adjust the thermostat, then the other fella went bat-crap crazy.
显然 一个想调恒温器 另一个又发疯了
So you agree, he's nuts.
你也觉得他是疯子吧
Well, not as nuts as the guy who chooses to live with him.
没他的室友那么疯
Believe it or not, he was worse when I met him.
信不信由你 我刚认识他时他更疯
Oh, I do not believe that.
我才不信呢
You are so naive. Just like I was seven years ago.
你太傻太天真了 就像七年前的我
I'd just started at the university.
我刚开始在大学工作
Excuse me, I'm looking for Sheldon Cooper's apartment.
请问 谢尔顿·库珀家在哪
Oh, I bet you're here to check out the room for rent.
你是来看房的吧
Yeah. Run away, dude.What?! Run fast, run far.
对 兄弟 快跑 什么 跑快点 跑远点
That should have been my first clue.
那应该是第一条线索
So Sheldon's last roommate tried to warn you off?
谢尔顿的前室友要你赶紧逃跑
For all I knew, he was the crazy one. He had this really deranged look.
我当时只觉得他是个疯子 他的样子很像疯子
Well, yeah, he'd been living with Sheldon.
跟谢尔顿住能不疯吗
Sure, it makes sense now. Anyway, I went upstairs and knocked on the door. Yeah?
现在明白也太迟啦 接着 我上楼敲门 有事吗
Dr. Cooper? No, you want the crazy guy across the hall.
你是库珀博士吗 你找的是对门的疯子
In retrospect, that was clue number two. Yes?
回想起来 那是第二条线索 有事吗
I'm Leonard Hofstadter. I called you about the apartment. You said...
我是莱纳德·霍夫斯塔德 我打过电话想看房 你说...
I know what I said. I know what you said.
我知道我说了什么 我也知道你说了什么
I know what my mother said on March 5, 1992.
我还知道我妈在1992年3月5日说了什么
What is the sixth noble gas?
第六惰性气体是什么
What? You said you're a scientist.
什么 你说你是科学家
What is the sixth noble gas?
第六惰性气体是什么
Uh, radon? Are you asking me or telling me? Telling you? Telling you.
氡? 你是问我还是回答我 回答你? 回答你
All right, next question. Kirk or Picard?
好 下一个问题 柯克还是皮卡尔
Oh, uh, well, that's tricky. Um, Original Series over Next Generation, but Picard over Kirk.
好难抉择 初代比下一代好看 但皮卡尔比柯克强
Correct. You've passed the first barrier to roommate-hood. You may enter.
正确 你已通过室友关系第一关 你可以进来了
Oh, this is pretty nice. Uh, the bedrooms are back there? That depends.
挺宽敞的嘛 卧室在里面吧 这得看情况
I don't understand. Their existence is conditional?
我不明白 卧室的存在有条件的吗
No, but your ability to perceive their existence is conditional on you passing the second and third barriers.
不 但对你来说卧室的存在是有条件的 你要通过第二和第三关
There's three? Each more daunting than the last.
有三关啊 一个比一个更具挑战性
Have a seat. Okay. No! That's where I sit!
请坐 好 不 这是我的专座
What's the difference?
有区别吗
This seat is ideally located both in relation to the heat source in the winter and a cross breeze in the summer.
这个位置正好 能在冬天吹到暖气 夏天吹到对流风
It also faces the television at a direct angle, allowing me to immerse myself in entertainment or game play without being subjected to conversation.
而且正对着电视机 我能专心看电视或者打机不受谈话干扰
As a result, I've placed it in a state of eternal dibs.
因此 我把它置于永恒状态了
Can you do that?
可能吗
Cathedra mea, regulae meae. That's Latin for "My chair, my rules."
(拉丁语)意思是"我的椅子 我做主"
Now, you said on the phone that your area of study is physics.
你在电话里说你的研究领域是物理
Uh, yeah, experimental physics. What is that?
对 实验物理学 那是什么
Doesn't concern you.
跟你无关
You'll be going to the university every day? Yes.
你每天都会去大学吗 对
And you have a vehicle? A car, yeah.
你有交通工具吗 有辆车
And you'll be willing to drive me? Can't you drive?
你愿意载我吗 你不会开车吗
I can. I choose not to.
我会 我不想开
Okay, I suppose I could drive you.
那我可以载你
That's a point in my favor, right?
这点可以给我加加分对吧
Why don't you let me do this.
我来写就可以了
Come on, I just asked.
别这样 我问问而已嘛
Last question. In a post-apocalyptic world, which task would you assign the highest priority?
最后一个问题 身处一个后启示录的世界中你会最先考虑完成以下哪项工作
Locating a sustainable food source, reestablishing a functioning government,
找出可持续利用的食物来源重建一个功能政府
procreating, or preserving the knowledge of mankind?
生育 还是传承人类文化
Uh, I'm gonna go with... preserving the knowledge.
我选 传承文化
That's correct. FYI, I would have accepted any answer other than procreating.
正解 供你参考 除了生育 其他答案我都接受
Come, I'll show you the rest of the apartment.
来 我带你参观一下其他房间
Oh, good. I passed the barriers.
太好了 我通过关卡了
The second barrier. Don't get cocky.
只是第二关卡 别翘尾巴呢
This is the bathroom. Are you fairly regular?
这里是浴室 你周期正常吗
Uh, I guess. This isn't going to work if you're guessing. When do you evacuate your bowels?
大概吧 你不能给我模棱两可的答案 你什么时候排泄粪便
When I have to.
我憋不住的时候
When you have to? I'm sorry, I don't rent to hippies.
你憋不住的时候 抱歉 我不租房间给嬉皮士
I-I'm sorry, uh, in the morning. Around 8:00.
不好意思 是早上 8点左右
I can't give you 8:00. I can give you 7:30. Fine. I'll take it.
8点不行 你可以7点半用厕所 好 我同意
Third barrier passed. You have won the right to see your room.
通过第三关卡 你赢得了参观你卧室的权利
Huzzah. Is this it?
噢耶 是这间吗
No, this is my room. People don't go in my room.
不 这是我的卧室 人们不能进我的卧室
So where do you sleep?
那你睡哪儿啊
I don't understand. If people don't go in there, and you're people, and...
我没明白 你说人类不能进去 你自己也是人类
You are people, aren't you? Making a joke.
你 是人类吧 我开个玩笑
Do you do this often? On occasion. Your room.
你经常这样吗 偶尔吧 你的卧室
You may want to repaint. And after all that, you just moved in?
你还是重新刷漆吧 他那么多事儿 你居然就搬进去了
I didn't just move in. First we had to iron out a few details.
才不是那么简单就搬进去 首先我们得谈妥一些细节问题
"Roommates agree that Friday nights shall be reserved for watching Joss Whedon's brilliant new series Firefly."
室友同意在每周五晚上观看乔斯·威登最新导演的惊世力作《萤火虫》
Does that really need to be in the agreement?
这条也要放到协议里啊
We might as well settle it now; it's going to be on for years. Initial here.
最好是现在定下来 那可要播好几年呢 在这里草签
All right, that's television and movies. Section nine: miscellany.
好了 电视以及电影协议完成了 第九部分 杂项
The apartment's flag is a gold lion rampant on a field of azure. We have a flag?
公寓旗帜是一头在天蓝色背景下两腿站立的金色狮子 咱还有旗子呢啊
Never fly it upside down. Unless the apartment's in distress.
千万别弄反了 除非公寓面临危机
And next. "If either of us ever invents time travel, We agree our first stop will be this meeting today in precisely five seconds." Okay.
下一条 如果我们之中任何一人发明了时空穿梭机 我们同意第一站就是回到今天这个会议时间的5秒之后 好
That's disappointing. Why on earth did you agree to all that?
真可惜 你到底干嘛要同意那些协议啊
It was the best apartment I'd seen, the rent was very reasonable and after you've passed the first three barriers you kind of want to take it all the way.
那是我见过最棒的公寓了 房租也很合理 而且在通过前三个关卡之后 你就会不自觉地想一路前进了
Well, I'm sorry, Leonard, it's very hard to feel sympathy for you.
抱歉 莱纳德 我只能说 自作孽 不可活
Okay, how about this? Let me tell you about the first time I brought a girl over.
好吧 那这样吧 我给你讲讲我第一次带姑娘回家的事儿
Leonard? Shh. Just pretend we're not here.
莱纳德 嘘 假装我们不在
Leonard? I'm sure he'll go away.
莱纳德 他肯定一会就走了
I'm just going to keep knocking till you answer.
你不回答我 我就一直敲
Leonard? Leonard? Leonard?
莱纳德 莱纳德 莱纳德
What do you want?! I didn't say come in!
你想干嘛啊 我没说"请进"
You asked what I wanted. I wanted to come in.
是你问我想干什么的 我想进来啊
I'm here because you violated our roommate agreement.
我来是因为你违反了我们的室友协议
Specifically, section eight-visitors, subsection C; females, paragraph four-coitus.
确切来说 是第八部分"宾客"里的C小部分"女性"里的第四段 "交媾"
"Roommates shall give each other 12 hours notice of impending coitus."
在进行交媾之前 室友需要提前12小时通知对方
I didn't even know her 12 hours ago.
我俩认识还不到12小时呢
That's it! I'm out of here! But, Joyce, come on.
够了 老娘闪人了 乔伊斯 别走啊
12 hours?Oh, my God. Do I get some sympathy now? A little bit.
12小时 我的老天 现在觉得同情我了吗 有点儿