Previously on Elementary...
《福尔摩斯:演绎法》前情提要
Andrew, are you okay?
安德鲁,你没事吧
Oh, my God.
天呐
Somebody call an ambulance!
快叫救护车
One, two, three...
一,二,三
I feel clear about something.
我想清楚了一些事
It's ridiculous for me to think
我以为自己能过正常的生活
that I can have a normal life.
这是不可能的
I'm a detective.
我是个侦探
I'm ready to embrace that.
我已经准备好接受了
I want to come back to the Brownstone.
我想回到褐石屋
Ah, Watson.
华生
May I present Luc?
我来介绍一下卢克
Luc, Watson.
卢克,这是华生
What are you doing here?
你在这里干什么
Luc has agreed to handle your move.
卢克答应帮你搬家
I helped his relatives emigrate
很多年前我帮他的亲戚
from Guadeloupe many years ago,
从瓜德罗普(法国海外省)移居出来
and in return, he assists me with matters which require
作为回报,他在我需要干体力活时
physical labor.
给我帮忙
Well, it's bad enough you broke in here,
你闯进来就已经够糟的了
but breaking in and taking my things
闯进来还拿我的东西
could be construed as burglary.
这已经构成入室行窃了
I did not break in.
我没有闯进来
I have chastised you repeatedly about that lock's inadequacy.
因为你门锁不安全我已经教训你很多次了
Not changing it was the same as giving me a key.
不换锁跟给我钥匙没有任何区别
I appreciate that, but I've already hired real movers
我很感激,但我已经请真正的搬家工人
to come and take my things in the morning.
早上来搬我的东西了
No offense, Luc.
无意冒犯,卢克
Luc speaks not one word of English.
卢克不会说英语
In fact, he barely speaks at all.
其实他根本不怎么说话
It is but one of his many virtues.
但这正是他的美德之一
And a real moving company will set foot in the Brownstone
真正的搬家公司是不能踏进褐石屋的
over my moldering corpse.
除非我死了
It is our sanctum and our stronghold,
那是我们的圣地和大本营
and I trust no one but Luc within its confines.
除了卢克我不信任别人进去
Uh, those are things that are not going to the Brownstone.
那些东西我不准备拿回褐石屋
Where else would they be going?
那要拿去哪
Well, I'm moving into a furnished place,
褐石屋里家具齐全
so I'm just gonna take what I need from my room
我只需要带我房间里的东西就行
and the rest can be donated.
剩下的都可以捐掉
Are you sure you wouldn't rather just keep them in storage?
你确定你不想把它们储存起来吗
We have plenty of room in our basement.
我们的地下室里还有很大地方
You are the one that said that all of this
是你说这些东西都是我为了
was me attempting to have a life that wasn't me.
拥有不属于我的生活而弄的
You were right, so I am done here.
你是对的,所以我不住这儿了
And I'm done with all of these things.
这些东西我也不要了
It's a beautiful piece.
这件首饰很美
They all are.
它们都很美
Thanks.
谢谢
I take it you are the original owner of all this?
你是这些东西的原主吗
I am.
是的
Do you have the receipts?
你有买它们的收据吗
Well, they were gifts from my husband, so... no.
它们是我丈夫生前送我的礼物,所以我没有
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I'll, uh, I'll add it up and write you a check.
我把价钱算一下然后给你写支票
Actually, it-it has to be cash.
其实,我只想要现金
Henry...
亨利
Remember me?
还记得我吗
I've brought you some clothes a few times.
我给你送过几次衣服
Roast beef sandwich, chicken soup...
这是烤牛肉三明治,还有鸡肉汤
Victim's name is Henry Wilseck.
死者名叫亨利·威赛克
Had a Pennsylvania driver's license on him
身上有一张七年前就过期了的
that expired seven years ago.
宾夕法尼亚州驾照
He also had some psychological problems,
根据我们在附近的询问
at least according to the canvassing we did.
他有一些精神问题
He'd been sleeping in the park for months.
已经在公园里睡了几个月了
Any family?
有亲属吗
Still following the info on the license,
还在追查驾照上的信息
but looks like he fell through the cracks a long time ago.
但他好像被人遗忘很久了
Did anyone remove anything from the body?
有人从他身上拿走什么了吗
Because the bloodstain on the inner lining cuts off right here.
因为内衬上的血迹到这里就没了
Yeah, M.L.I. found this tucked inside his coat.
现场的同事在他外套里发现了这个
It's filled with cash. $3,814.62 exactly.
里面装满了现金,确切地说是3814.62美元
Uh, there was this, too.
里面还有这个
"Rich people are worth more than poor people.
"富人比穷人值钱得多
Life's not fair. Grow up."
人生是不公平的,成熟点"
Captain, with your permission,
警监,如果你允许
I'll send this to Harlan Emple.
我想把这个发给哈伦·恩珀
See if he can identify the maths.
看看他能不能认出这个公式
Well, it gets weirder.
还有更奇怪的
Position our guys found the envelope in,
我们的人发现信封的位置
bullet would've went right through it.
是子弹曾经穿透的地方
So somebody placed it on the body after he was shot.
所以信封是他死后被人放进去的
So someone kills a homeless man
所以有人在金融区
in the middle of the financial district,
杀了一个流浪汉
leaves about $4,000 and a note saying
留下了四千块还有一张纸条
how little poor people are worth.
写着穷人如何不值钱
If this is some sort of political statement,
如果这是什么政治声明
I don't get it.
我真心没看懂
The socioeconomic outrage does bear the whiff of theater, does it not?
社会经济的愤怒还真是戏剧性呢
If you're genuinely angry about wealth inequality,
如果真的对贫富不均愤愤不平
you don't tend to go around shooting homeless people.
也不会随便枪杀那些流浪汉
Harlan recognizes the formula.
哈伦认出了那个公式
He says it's used in civil law to calculate victim compensation.
他说那是民法中用来计算受害者赔偿金的
Both it and the quote are the brainchildren of the same man,
公式和那句话都是由一个叫亚伦·施瑞德的
an attorney by the name of Arlen Schrader.
律师提出来的
He said this? In public?
这是他说的,公开说的
In print.
都印刷出版了
Well, if he's the shooter, he basically signed his work.
如果他是凶手,这基本上就是他的签名了
This formula has made Mr. Schrader
这个公式让施瑞德先生
a wealthy man many times over,
成了一个非常富有的人
so I doubt he'd want to draw this kind of attention to it.
所以我觉得他不想这样引人注意
Well, whoever did it wants us to connect this body to that lawyer.
但做案的人想让我们把尸体跟那个律师联系起来
Go talk to him and find out why.
去跟他谈谈,看看是为什么
Specializing in dispute resolution and wrongful death compensation.
专攻受争议解决方案和意外死亡赔偿金
Only the latest in a long line of euphemisms for "Blood money."
这就是"血腥钱"最新的委婉说法
You know about this stuff?
你了解这些东西
Whenever a corporation cuts corners
每当有公司在儿童座椅上偷工减料
on a child's car seat or allows poison
或者让毒药渗入我们的食物
to penetrate our food or rolls the dice
或者是石油钻机的安全阀
on an oil rig safety valve,
出了问题的时候
someone like Mr. Schrader calculates the minimum amount of money
像施瑞德先生这样的人就会计算出
they can pay the victims' loved ones to keep them from suing.
他们赔给家属让他们免于被起诉的最少数额
Or, heaven forbid, from clamoring for criminal prosecution.
甚至让他们免受刑事诉讼
Maybe that's what the money in the envelope is about.
也许信封里的钱就是这个意思
That's what Schrader's formula
用施瑞德的公式
would have determined each victim was worth?
算出来死者就值这么多钱
So the killer set a price and then paid it.
所以凶手估了个价然后付了钱
Bought the guy's life.
买了那家伙的命
Just to make Schrader look bad?
就为了让施瑞德难堪
An understandable, if misapplied, instinct.
这种直觉可以理解,虽然或许被误用了
Schrader makes his living by reducing
施瑞德靠将人的价值
the value of a person to a dollar amount.
降到最低为生
As if a widow can find solace in a husband-shaped pile of money,
就好像寡妇能从亡夫换来的一堆钱里寻求安慰
or a check can raise an orphaned child.
一张支票就能抚养孤儿一样
It's repugnant.
太没人性了
You wouldn't be the first to call me that.
你不是第一个这么说我的人
Arlen Schrader.
我是亚伦·施瑞德
You have some questions for me?
你们有问题要问我吗
That comment is constantly taken out of context.
那句话总是毫无上下文地被人引用
We'd be eager to hear an example of the right context.
我们想听听真正的上下文是什么
I didn't invent tort law, okay?
侵权法不是我发明的
We base compensation, in part,
我们根据死者未来可能赚到的钱
on the lost future earnings of the decedent.
来计算赔偿金
Then this murder might be the right context.
那这件案子也许就是正确的上下文
Our killer used your principles to determine Henry Wilseck's worth
凶手用你的规则计算了亨利·威赛克的价值
and then left that amount in exchange for his life.
然后留下了这么多钱来换他的命
Fair swap, in your eyes?
你觉得这是公平交换
Anything wrong with that?
有什么不对吗
Of course there is.
当然不对
The person you're talking about fired a gun,
你们说的那个人开了一枪
knowing it would cause a man's death.
明知道那会置人于死地
It's murder; they should be punished.
这是谋杀,他们应该受到惩罚
By that measure, many of your clients should be behind bars,
这样说的话,你的很多客户都该进监狱
should they not?
不是吗
Perhaps if our killer had incorporated first...
也许这位凶手先注册家公司就不会了
Whoever shot Henry Wilseck wanted to make it about you.
杀死亨利·威赛克的人想把矛头指向你
We want to know if you know anyone who would do that, and why.
我们想知道你是否知道谁会这么干,以及原因
You're asking if anyone hates me?
你是在问有没有人讨厌我吗
The line forms behind this guy.
从这家伙开始队伍可长了
Well, anyone in particular have reason to cause you trouble?
有没有什么特别的人想给你制造麻烦
Aside from our colleague?
除了我们这位同事
I was in a relationship.
我之前的女朋友
With another attorney.
也是一位律师
Her name is Erin Chatworth.
她叫爱琳·查特沃思
It was short, but it was serious.
时间不长,但是我们都是认真的
I broke it off and... she was very angry.
我甩了她,她很生气
I'll give you all of her information.
我会给你们她的所有信息
Ms. Chatworth, it's obvious to me that
查特沃思女士,我很明显注意到
you've recently stopped wearing a wedding band.
你最近不再戴婚戒了
Was your marriage a casualty of
是因为你跟亚伦·施瑞德的婚外情
your affair with Arlen Schrader?
导致你们离婚的吗
And if so,
如果是这样的话
how angry were you when he recused himself from your pants?
他要求分手时你有多生气
You still haven't told me what this is all about.
你们还没跟我说过这是怎么回事
Did somebody hurt Arlen?
有人伤害亚伦了吗
No.
没有
No, but it does look like someone might have a grudge against him.
没有,不过似乎有人挺恨他的
Can you tell us where you were last night between 1:00 and 4:00 A.M.?
你能告诉我们凌晨一点到四点间你在哪里吗
Home, sleeping.
在家,睡觉
Where were you?
还能去哪
Mr. Schrader said that he broke things off
施瑞德先生说他跟你分开
because of a conflict of interest,
是因为你们之间有利益冲突
but he did not elaborate.
不过他没详细说明
No, I-I... I bet he wouldn't.
当然,他肯定不会
Would you?
你会吗
Do you remember Aceway Flight 1059?
还记得艾斯维航空公司的1059次航班吗
Yeah.
记得
A commuter flight from LaGuardia to Burlington, Vermont
从拉瓜迪亚到佛蒙特州柏林顿的通勤飞机
that crashed last year.
在去年坠毁了
80 people were killed.
80人遇难
81, actually.
其实是81人
NTSB blamed the airline,
运输安全委员会指责是航空公司的责任
said it was due to faulty maintenance.
说是因为维修故障
And that was the client that he chose over your relationship?
就是为了这个客户,他才甩了你吗
Potential client.
只是潜在的客户
Arlen is one of the top victims' comp attorneys in the country,
亚伦是全国顶尖的赔偿案律师
so Aceway went to him first.
所以艾斯维航空先去找了他
They haven't signed anything yet,
他们没有签约
but the billables on that account would be in the millions.
不过那个案子的费用高达好几百万
I do business with a competing airline.
而他们竞争对手的一家航空公司是我的客户
And that made you a liability.
所以你就成了他的负担
Arlen dumped me
亚伦甩了我
so he could profit off 81 people's deaths.
这样他就能靠那81个人的死来大捞一笔了
Do you really think I'm losing much sleep
你真觉得我会因为他离开我
because he's out of my life?
而伤心难过吗
Schrader did bust up her marriage
施瑞德的确毁了她的婚姻
and her alibi is weak,
而且她的不在场证据也不充分
but we don't think she's involved.
不过我们觉得这事跟她无关
What about the husband?
那她丈夫呢
She said he was seeing someone, too.
她说他也跟别人在一起了
And there was a prenup in place that paid out to him,
而且他们有一份婚前协议,他能拿到很多钱
so he's actually pretty happy about the way things turned out.
所以他对这样的结果很满意
I'm gonna run him down all the same.
我还是会去查查他的
Well, whoever left that cash on the victim,
把现金留在死者身上的那个人
you were right about it being a smear job.
被你说中了,是为了嫁祸
All the tabloids got copies of this in the mail this morning.
今天早晨所有小报都在邮件中收到了这个
"By now, I have killed Henry Wilseck.
"现在,我已经杀了亨利·威赛克
"But I have paid the price.
"但是我也偿付了金钱
"Ask the police. Ask Arlen Schrader.
"去问问警察,问问亚伦·施瑞德
How much is any of us worth?"
我们每个人值多少钱"
Postmarks were from two days ago.
邮戳是两天前的
We're checking for prints, but...
我们正在查有没有指纹,不过
considering the note that he left on Wilseck was clean,
考虑到他留在威赛克身上的纸条上什么也没有
I'm not holding my breath.
我觉得没什么希望
This'll get some headlines.
这事肯定会上头条的
Well, talk radio is already on it.
电台已经开始说这事了
Schrader's taking as much heat as the killer.
对施瑞德的指责跟凶手一样多
If he doesn't take back some of the stuff he said,
如果他不收回他说的一些话
his body might be the next one we find.
可能下一个死的就是他了
What's all this?
你在搞什么
You never come down here.
你从不下来的
I was just...
我只是在
ruminating on the case.
反思这个案子
The noise wake you?
吵醒你了吗
No, actually it was too quiet.
不,是太安静了
I couldn't sleep.
我睡不着
Is that why you're down here?
你是因为这个才下来的吗
You were worried about the noise?
怕吵着我
Well, it did not not cross my mind.
我也不是没考虑这方面
Well, you know you don't have to tiptoe around for me, right?
你知道你不用这么小心翼翼的,对吧
I mean, I knew what I was signing up for
我说了我想搬回来
when I said I wanted to come back.
就做好准备了
At my request,
在我的要求下
Arlen Schrader sent over every piece of hate mail he's received
亚伦·施瑞德把过去两年收到的
from the last two years.
所有恐吓信都送了过来
They're from people who'd lost loved ones
其中有人失去了心爱的人
and received a smaller settlement from an offending company than they felt they deserved.
却只收到了肇事公司这么少的赔偿金
Or who were denied compensation altogether.
还有人被拒绝发放赔偿金
I've been reviewing them in the hope
我一直在看这些信
that a viable suspect would emerge.
希望能找出嫌犯
But so far none has done me
不过到目前为止
the courtesy of leaping out.
尚无任何发现
Maybe it's someone who hates Schrader for another reason.
也许有人因为别的事憎恨施瑞德
I mean, considering the way he broke things off with Erin Chatworth,
考虑到他跟爱琳·查特沃思分手的做法
I'm sure there are plenty.
我想恨他的人一定很多
Or perhaps the killer is not motivated by anger at all.
也可能凶手杀人的动机根本不是愤怒
Ms. Chatworth mentioned that the Aceway account
查特沃思女士说过艾斯维航空
would be worth millions in attorney's fees.
给的律师费会有几百万美元
And that's just one client.
而这只是一个客户
So, perhaps, as I'm sure mr. Schrader would put it,
所以有可能,我保证施瑞德先生也会这么说
it's just business.
这只是生意
So, you think it's one of his competitors.
这么说你认为是他的某个竞争对手干的
Another victims' comp attorney?
另一名受害者的赔偿案律师
It would be an effective way of stealing the company
把公司从施瑞德先生手里抢走
away from Mr. Schrader,
这办法很高效
don't you think?
你不觉得吗
It's one possibility.
这是可能之一
There will be others.
还会有其它的可能
You should sleep, Watson.
你该去睡觉了,华生
Unlike me, you're more effective with it than without.
跟我相反,你睡足了觉才能高效工作
We'll review everything in the morning.
明早我们再看这些东西
I have to go to my apartment tomorrow afternoon.
明天下午我得回趟公寓
I have to do a final walk-through
还要办些手续
to get my security deposit back.
才能把保证金拿回来
Will that be going to charity as well?
也会捐给慈善基金吗
Actually, I was thinking it could go
其实,我是想用这些钱
towards restocking the kitchen.
去给咱们的厨房补补货
All right. I'll see you in the morning.
好吧,明早见
Matt was the entrepreneur in the family.
马特是我们家的企业家
Made his first million at 25.
在25岁就赚到了一百万
It was phone apps or something.
搞手机应用什么的
He was always on my ass to do
他一直唠叨我
something with my crappy life.
让我去做点正经的事
Yeah, I used to get just so ticked at him.
我总是对他火大
Just... said he should support me no matter what I was doing,
我跟他说,他应该支持我所做的事
you know?
你们懂吧
More than once, I-I yelled at him to just...
我不止一次吼过他
shut up, you know?
让他闭嘴
But he just kept coming to my gigs no matter what.
但无论怎样他都会来看我的演出
I wasn't that good, was I?
我刚才的表现值这么多钱吗
I have some business to take care of today.
我今天有些生意要谈
It's a cash transaction.
要用现金交易
Rich people.
有钱人
Hey, you haven't told anyone about this thing we have, have you?
你没跟别人说过我们之间的事吧
No.
没有
Nobody knows you're slumming it.
没人知道你屈尊来这了
Since when do you smoke?
你什么时候开始抽烟了
Since I was ten.
十岁就开始了
You know, I quit for a while when Matt died.
马特死后,我戒了一段时间
But guess it didn't stick.
不过没坚持住
Is that a problem?
有问题吗
No, of course not.
不,没有
It just changes the math.
只是数额要变了
What math?
什么数额
Frederic Duncan.
弗雷里克·邓肯
His friends called him Freddy.
他的朋友们叫他弗雷迪
He's 44 years old.
四十四岁
He's a drummer in a band no one's ever heard of.
一个不知名乐队的鼓手
His girlfriend found him.
是他女朋友发现了他
Her coworkers alibied her for the time of the murder.
她的同事能证明案发时她并不在场
So, you said there was another note?
你说这次也留下了纸条吗
"Dear Michael Cardenas:
"亲爱的迈克·卡德纳斯
Just saved you more money.
又为你省下了一笔钱
You're welcome."
不用谢我"
Cardenas is the CEO of Aceway Airlines.
卡德纳斯是艾斯维航空的总裁
The company responsible for the downed flight to Vermont.
飞往佛蒙特的失事飞机就是这家公司的
The killer sent copies of this to the press, too.
凶手还给媒体寄去了复印件
So, just like with the first victim,
所以就和第一个被害人一样
they know everything.
媒体知道所有细节
So, is Mr. Duncan also bought and paid for?
邓肯先生的命也被买下了吗
Perp left just under 80 grand at the scene.
凶手在现场留下了将近八万块
That's a hell of a lot more than last time.
比上次多了不少
But considering Duncan was only in his 40s,
但是鉴于邓肯才四十多岁
I'd say the killer didn't think
这个凶手一定认为
his music career was about to take off.
他的音乐生涯并不会有什么前途
So, our culprit might be a homicidal maniac,
虽说凶手可能是个变态杀人狂
but you can't say they're not putting
但是你得承认
their money where their mouth is.
这个人确实说到做到
Any idea what they meant
凶手说自己在为航空公司省钱
when they said they're saving the airline money?
你们知道这是什么意思吗
Turns out this vic and the first both had family on Flight 1059.
这两个被害人都有亲属在1059次航班上
Henry Wilseck lost an uncle.
亨利·威赛克的叔叔
Freddy Duncan lost a brother.
还有弗雷迪·邓肯的兄弟
So, the killer's targeting beneficiaries of those lost on the plane?
所以凶手的目标是空难的保险受益人吗
Thanks to him, there's two less people to pay out now.
多亏了他,这两个人的钱都不用支付了
So, we're trying to locate all the beneficiaries.
我们正在寻找所有的保险受益人
But it's gonna take time.
但这需要一些时间
Meanwhile, 79 more people could be in his sights.
他的目标可能是剩下的七十九个人
Place looks spotless.
这地方看起来很新
I don't even think we'll have to repaint.
我觉得都不需要重新刷漆
Well, I guess I wasn't here long enough to do any damage.
可能我住的时间太短,没来得及造成损坏
Well, we're sorry to lose you.
你要搬走我很遗憾
Always better to hang onto a good tenant when we find one.
遇到一个好房客不应该轻易放手
Thanks, but it's a great apartment.
谢谢,这间公寓很棒
I don't think you're gonna have trouble finding a new tenant.
你用不着担心找不到新的房客
Well, actually we already have one.
其实我们已经找到了
Wow, that's fast, right?
真快呐
I mean, even by New York standards.
即使在纽约这样快节奏的地方
Apparently the guy wanted the place sight unseen.
他还没验过房就租下了这里
Don't know how he heard about it.
不知道他是从哪儿打听到的
We hadn't even listed the place yet.
我们还没有登出广告呢
Only thing he asked for was an upgrade on the front lock.
他唯一的要求就是升级一下前门锁
He sent over his own deadbolt.
门栓也是他寄来的
It's made by some high-end company.
是一家高端公司的产品
Supposed to be unpickable.
据说是无法被撬开的
Fenstermacher?
芬斯特马赫牌的吗
Yeah. How'd you know?
没错,你怎么会知道
Michael Cardenas, this is Detective Marcus Bell.
这位是迈克·卡德纳斯,这位是马库斯·贝尔警探
Our consultant Sherlock Holmes.
这位是我们的顾问夏洛克·福尔摩斯
This is Gayle Wilkins.
这位是盖尔·威金斯
Aceway Airlines' house counsel.
艾斯维航空的专职法律顾问
Really appreciate you coming down.
感谢你们能来
Frankly, we preferred it to you coming to us.
实际上,这样要比你们去找我们好得多
Media's been camped on our doorstep all day.
我们门前全天候都有媒体驻扎
We'd rather not give them a shot of the police stopping by.
我们可不希望他们拍到警察来访的照片
Some lunatic's out there gunning people down,
有疯子在外到处持枪杀人
and they're making us the bad guys.
却让我们成了坏蛋
You know they're calling him the Aceway Killer?
你知道吗,他们还给他取名"艾斯维"杀手
I can't even imagine how infuriating that must be
你们该有多生气啊
when you worked so hard to earn that moniker all by yourself.
明明这坏蛋的名声是你们自己辛苦换来的
Excuse me?
你说什么
81 people are dead.
81人遇难了
According to an official investigation,
根据官方的调查结果
it's because you chose to pinch pennies on maintenance.
这是由于你为了节约维修成本才造成的
We are still contesting the results of that investigation.
我们并不认同那份调查结果
No criminal charges have been filed.
而且公司并没有受到刑事指控
I hope that's not what you
希望这并不是
asked us here to talk about.
你们找我们过来的原因
If you've been following the news,
如果你们关注新闻的话
you know that the killer claims that he's helping you.
就该知道凶手宣称他在帮你的忙
Crazy people say crazy things.
不过是疯子的疯话
Arlen Schrader had much the same reaction
凶手提及亚伦·施瑞德的时候
when the killer made reference to him.
他也是同样的反应
You're familiar with Mr. Schrader, correct?
你们认识施瑞德先生对吧
You talked to him about administrating your victims' comp?
你和他谈过支付遇难者赔偿金的事
You think that's why we were targeted?
你认为我们是因此才成为攻击对象的吗
Because the killer has a problem with him?
因为凶手和他有过节吗
It's one possibility.
这是一种可能
Another possibility is that the killer is not motivated by crazy,
另一种可能是凶手这么做并非出于疯狂
but by greed.
而是出于贪婪
We thought it was interesting he went out of his way to ding Aceway
在你和施瑞德还没合作之前
when you and Schrader weren't even in business yet.
他就想尽办法攻击艾斯维航空,这很奇怪
Mr. Holmes here wondered if the killer
福尔摩斯先生怀疑
was an attorney in the same field.
凶手可能也是同一领域的律师
Someone who stood to benefit
如果施瑞德丢了工作
if Schrader dropped out of the race.
他就会从中受益
Wait, you think all this is about forcing our hand?
你们认为这一切只是凶手想逼我们就范
Who else did you talk to about your problem?
你还和谁谈过赔偿金的问题
Well, locally there are two other firms that do what Schrader does.
本地还有另两家公司跟施瑞德处理同样的事务
We talked to both of them.
我和他们都谈过
But it wouldn't make any sense for them to do something like this.
但是他们会做出这种事真是太荒唐了
This rampage makes them as radioactive as him.
这样他们也会成为众矢之的
What do you mean?
怎么讲
He's not the only one with a formula
有公式来估算死者价值的人
to calculate a decedent's worth.
并非只有他一个
We still need to discuss it with the board,
虽然还需要和董事会商量才能决定
but we believe we may need someone with a less...
不过我们觉得我们可能需要的是一种数额差异
stratified approach.
没那么大的解决方法
You want a firm that will settle the claims with a fixed sum.
你希望公司给出的赔偿金是一笔固定金额
Rather than pay the victims according to their wealth,
而不是根据受害人的身价来进行赔偿
all parties would get the same amount.
所有人都获得等额的赔偿
Why not do that all along?
为什么不从一开始就这么办
It would cost them more money.
因为那样成本更高
What are the numbers?
具体数额是多少
The payouts that you would make using Schrader's formula
按照施瑞德的公式所计算出的结果
or at least your sense of them?
或者你认为的价格
Well, setting aside crew,
如果不算机组人员
there were eight first class passengers on the flight.
当时航班上有八位头等舱乘客
Each was well off.
他们都身价不菲
We figure their families would receive somewhere
我们估计将给出
in the range of $10 million to $15 million.
一千万到一千五百万左右的赔偿
There were 67 passengers in coach.
经济舱有六十七位乘客
Assuming average incomes and life expectancies,
考虑到平均收入和预期寿命
their survivors would only receive a few hundred thousand.
他们只会得到几十万的赔偿
And if you switched to the fixed sum?
要是换成用固定金额来赔付呢
Everyone gets about $5 million.
每个人赔付五百万
Captain and Detective, a word?
警监和警探,能出来聊聊吗
Would you excuse us a moment?
先失陪一下
So...
那么
we can agree that Mr. Cardenas and his attorney
卡德纳斯先生和他的律师
have just helped identify a new suspect pool?
刚刚帮我们锁定了新的嫌疑犯范围
Beneficiaries of the lower-income victims of Flight 1059.
1059次航班上低收入人群的保险受益人
Schrader's formula would've factored in
施瑞德的公式会影响
those victims' earning potential.
那些受害者的赔偿金
Their families would've gotten less money.
他们的家人本来会拿到更少的钱
So, if you smear Schrader, smear Aceway,
如果你攻击施瑞德和艾斯维航空
and the airline's hands are tied.
航空公司就别无选择
Fixed sum is the only way to go.
只能用固定金额来进行赔付了
You said you were preparing a list of the beneficiaries.
你说你正在整理受益人的名单
Can I see it?
能让我看看吗
The murders have sparked a growing controversy over
因为凶案,针对类似艾斯维航空的公司
the way companies like Aceway calculate victims' compensation.
对赔偿金的计算问题引起了激烈的争论
According to a statement from the airlines,
根据航空公司的声明
they've made no decision yet about Flight 1059,
他们并未就1059次航班做出决定
and are currently exploring all their options.
仍在考虑各种可行方案
In the meantime,
同时
the airline expressed sympathy for the two shooting victims,
航空公司对两位枪击受害人表示了同情
and its hope that whoever is responsible will be quickly found.
并希望凶手能尽早捉拿归案
Penny?
佩妮
You forgot I was coming?
你忘记我要来了吗
No, I've just been busy. I can see.
不,我刚才在忙,看得出来
Can I come in?
我能进来吗
You're redecorating?
你要重新装修吗
It's been a few years. I wanted a change.
已经好几年了,我想做些改变
Dana... You're my sister, not my mother.
黛娜,你是我姐姐,不是我妈妈
Today I'm neither. I'm your accountant.
今天我两者都不是,我是你的会计
And it's time to face facts.
是时候面对现实了
You can't afford to live this way.
这样的生活
Not anymore.
你已经负担不起了
I'm trying to help you.
我是想帮你
Have you been watching the news?
你最近看新闻了吗
It's tax season. I've been underwater. Why?
现在是报税季节,我工作都忙疯了,怎么了
I think things are gonna get better for me.
我觉得对我来说事情会好转起来
I'm going to be able to pay what I owe.
我可以还清债务了
What are you talking about?
你什么意思
I'm working on something, a project.
我在捣鼓些东西,一个项目
If you've invested with another of those hedge fund guys,
如果你又去和那些避险基金的人搅和
I swear to God...
我对天发誓...
I'm not stupid, Penny.
我又不傻,佩妮
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Is this "Project" going to pay out in the next 90 days?
你这项目九十天内就能获利吗
The money is tied up.
钱还在周转
It's complicated.
挺复杂的
This came from the bank today.
这是银行今天寄来的
They're gonna take the house.
他们要收走房子了
If you want to get any money out of it at all,
如果你还想拿到些钱的话
you have to sell now.
必须现在就卖了
I can do it.
我可以办到
Get the money sooner.
早点拿到钱
How? Well, I've already made a fuss about it.
怎么办,项目已经开始了
I just have to make a bigger fuss.
只需要再加把火就行了
What, did you run out of room in the basement?
怎么,你地下室没空间了吗
I have risen, as per your instructions.
根据你的指示,我上楼来了
Well, I thought you were at the station,
我以为你在警局
so I went there after my walk-through.
所以在散步之后去了那里
Marcus brought me up to speed.
马库斯把最新进展告诉我了
So I take it the amounts are how much Schrader would say
我想这些数字是根据施瑞德的算法
each person on the crashed plane was worth?
计算出的失事飞机上每个人的价值
Mm-hmm, my approximation with the help of the airline.
恩,我的估算加上航空公司的帮助
Here in the proverbial cheap seats is where we find
这里众所周知的廉价座位上
the victims whose survivors would benefit most
其遇难者家属将从
from uniform settlements.
定额赔偿中获得最大利益
I've identified three such beneficiaries
我找出了三名受益者
who live locally and had a history of violent crime.
住在本地并有暴力犯罪历史
Seems reasonable to look at them first, eh?
看起来应该先查查他们
Oh, that reminds me-Marcus gave me a ballistics report.
这提醒我了,马库斯给了我弹道分析
It confirms that the same gun was used
证实了凶手用同一把枪
to kill Wilseck and Duncan.
杀害了威赛克和邓肯
It was traced back to a private trader
追踪到了一起在弗吉尼亚
at a gun show in Virginia.
枪械展上的私人交易
A state which requires no paperwork
在这个州里进行类似交易
for such a transaction.
不需要书面文件
No, but the seller remembered the buyer.
不需要,但是卖家记得买家
Sort of.
记得一点
White male, 40s, walked with a limp.
白人男性,四十多岁,有些瘸腿
Would you get the appropriate photographs to him,
你能把相关照片发给他吗
see if he recognizes any of the crash victims' loved ones?
看看他能否认出某位遇难家属
Marcus is already on it.
马库斯已经在办了
But unfortunately there is no guarantee
但不幸的是,不能保证
that the gun is still in the buyer's possession.
枪还在买家手中
He could have sold it to someone,
他也许卖给了某人
who sold it so someone, who sold it to someone.
然后被多次转卖
And God bless America.
天佑美国
Are we completely off the idea
我们已经不考虑
that the killer is a rival of Schrader's?
凶手是施瑞德竞争对手的可能性了吗
We've put that to one side.
我们先把它放到一旁
This new suspect pool is more viable and better defined.
这新的嫌疑群体更有可能也更好辨认
Why did you rent my apartment?
你为什么要租下我的公寓
That was you, right?
是你干的,对吧
I mean, Fenstermacher is your lock of choice.
我是说,芬斯特马赫是你最爱的锁
And we both know how much you hated my old one.
而且我们都知道你有多讨厌我的旧锁
I was assured that work would not be done today.
他们向我保证不会在今天换的
Yesterday, it was obvious
昨天,很明显的
that you did not want me to get rid of my things.
你不想让我丢掉我的东西
And then you worked in the basement,
然后你在地下室工作
you said that you did not want to bother me.
你说你不想打扰到我
But maybe you didn't want me bothering you.
但也许是你不想让我打扰你
Now, if you did not want me to move back into the Brownstone,
如果你不想让我搬回褐石屋
you could have just said so.
你开口说就是了
Captain.
警监
The Aceway Killer struck again.
"艾斯维"杀手又犯案了
Or at least he tried to strike.
或者说是又试图犯案了
Took a shot through a window out here in Nassau County.
在纳苏郡这边射穿了一扇玻璃
Got spooked and ran off.
被发现然后跑掉了
The woman he was after was only shaken up, luckily.
他想杀的女性幸好仅仅是吓到了
She's gonna be all right.
她会没事的
I take it she also had family on Flight 1059?
我想她在1059次航班上也有家人吧
Her husband.
她丈夫
The local PD is taking her statement now.
当地警署正在给她录口供
She didn't get a good look at the shooter,
她没有看清杀手
so she may not be able to help us much anyway.
所以估计也帮不上我们什么忙
But who knows?
但谁知道呢
Maybe she'll surprise us.
没准她能给我们一个惊喜
I was walking into the kitchen,
我当时正走向厨房
and I saw the man standing about there.
然后我看到一个男人站在那里
He was wearing a ski mask.
他带着一副滑雪面罩
He looked right at me,
直勾勾地看着我
and he pulled out a gun and fired.
然后掏出枪开了火
So I ran, I-I made it to the alarm panel.
于是我就跑了,我跑到警报控制板
And I hit the panic button.
按下了紧急按钮
Mrs. Powell's service includes an on-site alarm
鲍威尔女士安装了现场警报器
and notification of 911.
还有自动报警装置
We figure he ran when he heard it go off.
我们猜测他听到警报响起就跑掉了
Nassau police found a set of men's shoe prints.
纳苏警方发现一对男性的鞋印
Looks like he fired from here,
看起来他是在这里开的火
then ran to the back fence and scaled it.
然后跑向围栏翻了过去
Did you notice that the shooter had a limp?
你注意到凶手腿瘸了吗
I'm sorry, what?
抱歉,什么
Well, the, uh, the left shoe
这左边的鞋
that, you know, made this footprint
就是,踩下的这鞋印
is worn away on its inside edge, so...
内侧磨损严重很多,所以...
It was dark-I-I hid as soon as I got to the alarm.
当时天很黑,我按下警报就藏了起来
I don't think I saw him walk at all.
我想我都没看到他走路的样子
The gun dealer you spoke to described a man
卖枪的人描述说那是一位
who had trouble walking.
行走困难的男人
That could explain the uneven wear.
或许可以解释这种单边磨损
Gun dealer? Yeah, we thought we had a lead
卖枪的人,是的,我们可能掌握了
on where the weapon came from,
枪支的来源线索
but I sent the dealer the pictures we talked about.
但是,在把嫌疑人的照片送过去后
No luck.
没有发现
So, does anyone else live here with you?
那么,还有别人和你一起住在这里吗
No, why?
没有,怎么了
Well, I just, I noticed
我只是注意到
that your bedroom's on the ground floor.
你的卧室在一楼
That's just unusual in a house this size.
对于这么大一幢房子来说不太寻常
Well, after Nick, uh, my husband, died,
在尼克,我丈夫死后
the house just felt too big, so I moved downstairs.
房子就感觉有些大了,所以我搬了下来
Our condolences on your loss.
对您的失去我感到遗憾
Police canvassed the neighborhood and asked
警方询问了周围邻居
if anyone saw the shooter coming or going,
想知道有没有人看到凶手来去
but most people were asleep.
但是大多数人都在睡觉
In the meantime, the dealer who sold the gun is sitting
与此同时,卖枪的那人正在弗吉尼亚州
with a sketch artist in Virginia.
由素描师陪伴做侧写
We should have something soon.
可能很快就有结果了
A shame he didn't identify any of our white male beneficiaries.
真可惜他没能指认任何这些白人受益者
I still believe that the killer is connected
我依然相信凶手与
to a victim of Flight 1059.
1059次航班的遇难者有关联
Why did you ask about Dana Powell's
你为什么要问黛娜·鲍威尔
bedroom being downstairs?
卧室在楼下的事
It was nothing.
没什么
My brain's struggling to bring a hazy scene into focus.
我的大脑试图将模糊的线索集中起来
I thought there might have been another witness
我想或许会有另一位目击证人
with whom we could speak.
我们可以询问一下
In any event, that is no longer the feature
不管如何,我已经不再对
of Mrs. Powell's property which interests me the most.
鲍威尔女士的家那么感兴趣了
That distinction presently falls...
我现在关注的是
to this fence.
这道围栏
The shooter entered and exited the property
凶手是翻越这里
by climbing over it here.
进出领地的
The evidence suggests he has a physical disability.
证据表明他有着生理缺陷
There are easier points of egress and ingress,
附近有着更容易的进出口
so why choose this one?
那为什么还要选择这里
So he wouldn't be seen?
为了不被看到
Mm, that in turn raises other questions.
那就引发了另一个问题
In both of the previous murders,
在之前的两起谋杀中
the killer was in close proximity to his victims
当凶手扣下扳机时
when he pulled the trigger.
与受害者靠得很近
Right in their personal space.
都在他们的私人空间里
He shot Mr. Duncan in his own kitchen.
他在邓肯先生的厨房里杀了他
Maybe Duncan knew him, trusted him.
也许邓肯认识他,信任他
Here, in contrast, we have a ham-fisted attempt
而在这里,鲍威尔夫人在穿过后院时
to sneak up on Mrs. Powell through her backyard.
有人笨拙地试图从后院偷袭她
It's out of character.
这不符合凶手的作案手法
Something's different.
感觉不对劲
You two need to see this.
你俩得看一下这个
The police are sure it was the Aceway Killer?
警方确认是"艾斯维"杀手袭击你吗
Well, I don't see how there could be any doubt.
我觉得这个推测很合理
My husband was on Flight 1059.
我丈夫就在1059次航班上
Are you afraid he might come after you again?
你害怕他可能会再次袭击你吗
No, I'm not afraid, I'm angry.
我不害怕,我很愤怒
The man who's doing this seems to have a problem
行凶者似乎对
with the way certain families may be compensated by the airline.
空难赔偿金的分配很不满
He seems to think that everyone should be treated the same.
他认为所有人都应该被同等对待
But you know what?
但你知道吗
My husband was a commodities broker.
我丈夫曾是客户经理
He made something of himself.
他生前大有作为
He worked hard, he earned millions.
他拼命工作,赚了几百万
What exactly are you saying, Mrs. Powell?
你到底想说什么,鲍威尔夫人
Well, I'm sorry, but I'm supposed to stand here
很抱歉,但我如何能站在这里
and say that my husband wasn't worth more than a teacher?
同意我丈夫的命不如一个教师
Or a waitress?
或一个服务员
Or a garbage man?
一个清洁工有价值呢
Nick made something of himself.
尼克生前很有作为
So did some of the other people on that plane.
那架飞机上还有些人生前也是如此
Why shouldn't they be recognized?
他们的价值为何不能得到认可
Why shouldn't their families receive more?
他们的家庭为何不能得到更多赔偿
The term "Tone-deaf" comes to mind.
我想到了"不近人情"这个词
How did she think that was gonna play to the guy on the street?
她这番话让那些民众作何感想
Not to mention the Aceway boardroom.
更别说艾斯维董事会了
If they're still on the fence about settling claims
如果他们还在支付定额赔偿金这事上
with fixed sums, they won't be for long.
犹豫不决,也不会太久了
She probably just gave the killer exactly what he wants.
她也许恰恰给了凶手想要的
Nick made something of himself.
尼克生前很有作为
So did some of the other people on that plane.
那架飞机上还有些人生前也是如此
Why shouldn't they be recognized?
他们的价值为何不能得到认可
Why shouldn't their families receive more?
他们的家庭为何不能得到更多赔偿
Marcus called-- the sketch from the gun dealer
马库斯刚打来说,买枪那人的素描图
should be here soon.
很快就会到
He'll e-mail us once he gets it.
他收到后会发给我们
Aceway Airlines released a statement an hour ago.
艾斯维航空一小时前发出了一份声明
As expected,
不出所料
they're settling everyone's claims via a fixed sum.
他们将给所有家属定额赔偿金
Well, after that interview,
那段采访播出后
I don't think they had much choice.
他们也没得选了
Interesting woman, no?
这女人挺有意思,对吧
We saw none of this outrage this morning.
今早没见她这么愤怒
Yet, the moment there's a camera in front of her...
但一站在摄像机前就不一样了
She lost her husband,
她失去了她丈夫
and someone tried to kill her last night.
昨晚还有人想杀了她
You think those details explain her outburst?
你认为这些细节能解释她的愤怒吗
What, you think almost dying is a detail?
你认为差点死掉是细节吗
Captain Gregson's been keeping me apprised
警方在继续寻找和审问受益人
as the police continue to locate and question the beneficiaries.
格雷森警监一直将有关消息告知于我
One of them, a woman who lost her son,
有一个女人,失去了儿子
has been attending a grief counseling group
在过去十个月里一直参加
for the last ten months.
悲伤辅导小组
Freddy Duncan, the Aceway Killer's second victim,
弗雷迪·邓肯,"艾斯维"杀手杀死的第二个人
was also a member.
也加入了那个小组
As was Dana Powell.
黛娜·鲍威尔也是
Wait, what are you saying?
慢着,你什么意思
You think she's the killer?
你认为她是凶手吗
I think she may be the killer.
我认为她可能是凶手
Or at least one of them.
或者至少参与其中了
We've still yet to identify the man with the limp.
我们还没查明瘸腿之人的身份
Mrs. Powell and Mr. Duncan were known to chat
鲍威尔夫人和邓肯先生在心理辅导前后
before and after meetings,
都会聊天
so perhaps she was gathering information, gaining his trust.
所以她可能是在收集信息,赢取信任
She might have done the same with Henry Wilseck,
也许又在亨利·威赛克身上她故技重施
although we'll never be able to confirm that.
虽然我们无法证实这一点
Well, that doesn't make sense.
这没道理啊
I mean, her husband was a commodities broker.
她丈夫是客户经理
He was in the prime of life.
正处在人生的黄金阶段
She stood to make two, maybe three, times what she will now.
她本能得到比现在多两三倍的赔偿金
Why would she go to all this trouble
为何如此大费周章
just to have the airline pay her less?
只为得到更少的赔偿呢
That's precisely the question I've been asking myself.
这就是我一直在问自己的问题
Yesterday, you asked me why I held on to your apartment.
昨天,你问我为何租下你的公寓
You worry that I'm having second thoughts
你担心我可能会后悔
about your return here.
你搬回这里
I merely question your haste.
我只是觉得你决定地太仓促
The timing of it all.
处理地太着急了
So I took steps to keep your options open.
所以我帮你留了后路
For your benefit.
是为了你好
Do you want me living here or not?
你到底想不想让我住在这里
I do-I have never wavered on that.
想,这点从未动摇过
Even having you here the last few days
你待在这里仅仅这几天
has had a measurable benefit to our process.
就对我们的进展有很大裨益
Then what is it?
那问题是什么
For a long time, I have argued
长久以来,我一直主张
that you should fully embrace the life of a detective.
你应该全然接受作为侦探的生活
You've always had a valid rebuttal.
你总是有正当的反驳理由
I might not share your need for a more balanced existence,
也许我不像你更向往平衡的生活方式
but I accept it.
但我接受了
Now, abruptly, my words hold more truth for you.
现在忽然间,你觉得我说的是对的
In your rush to shed the skin of your former self,
你急于摒弃以前的自己
you're abandoning your belongings
就像逃离被污染的现场一般
as if leaving the site of a contamination.
抛弃了自己拥有的东西
You think this is all about Andrew?
你觉得我这么做是因为安德鲁
How could it not be?
难道不是吗
I know that you and Andrew
我知道你和安德鲁
were only together for a short while.
在一起的时间不长
But I worry that, in the aftermath of a trauma,
但我担心,历经创伤后
you might be...
你可能会...
overadjusting.
矫枉过正
That moving back might not be
搬回来也许不像
the progression that you believe it to be,
你希望那样能有所进展
but might be a regression,
而是一种倒退
a retreat into the safety of the known.
退回了已知的安全空间
I suppose I just want to ensure
我只是想确定
that I haven't been too quick to encourage.
我没有在拔苗助长
That I haven't unwittingly cast myself
没有在不知不觉间成了
in the role of enabler.
你生活的决策者
Maybe I don't know how much of this
也许我不知道在经历这种不幸之后
is a reaction to what happened.
我现在的反应是否正常
Maybe I do need a safe place right now.
也许我确实需要一个安全的地方待着
Is that so bad?
这很糟吗
Is there something wrong with me feeling like this is home?
我认为你这里是家有错吗
It's the sketch of the man
这是在维吉尼亚州
who bought the gun in Virginia,
买枪那人的素描图
the man with the limp.
那个瘸腿男人
What if I told you
要是我跟你说
that he died over a year ago?
他一年前就死了
In a plane crash?
死于空难
With 80 other people?
和其他八十人一起呢
Nick Powell.
尼克·鲍威尔
Dana's husband?
黛娜的丈夫吗
It's not an exact match.
也不算太像
Sketches rarely are.
素描图总是有些出入
But look at the widow's peak.
但是看看额前的美人尖
Bridge of the nose.
鼻梁
If you're right, if her husband was
如果你说对了
the one who bought the murder weapon...
她丈夫买了那把凶器
Then I dare say I'm right,
我敢说我也是对的
she's involved in the killings.
凶案一定跟她有关
The question remains:
又回到原来的问题
why go to such lengths
为何大费周章
to make the airline pay out less money?
让航空公司少赔偿呢
Actually, I don't think she would get less.
实际上,我不觉得她拿到的更少了
I think she'd get more.
我认为她拿得更多了
Her husband's life may not have been worth much after all.
她丈夫的命也许还真不太值钱
According to an official press release from Aceway Airlines,
根据艾斯维航空的一份官方新闻稿
the decision to expedite the claims process
航空公司决定加快赔偿进度
was made in the hopes it will
这一决定会使
allow the families affected by Flight 1059
深受1059次航班空难影响的家属
to find whatever closure they can as quickly as possible.
尽快得到一丝慰藉
Aceway was quick to add, however,
但艾斯维航空又立即补充
that this is not an admission of wrongdoing.
他们没有承认这是一次过失
Penny?
佩妮
You didn't call me yesterday.
你昨天没打给我
Someone tried to kill you and you didn't...
有人要杀你,可你却没...
Why are you crying?
你哭什么
A few friends called me
几个朋友昨天
after they saw you on the news yesterday.
看到你上新闻后打电话告诉我
They were... surprised
他们听到你的话
by what you said.
很惊讶
You don't think I deserve more?
你不觉得我应该得到更多吗
You remember when I graduated college?
还记得我大学毕业那会儿吗
You couldn't understand why Mom and Dad
你无法理解为何爸妈
would pay for grad school for me,
愿意供我念研究生
but not buy you a car.
却不给你买车
Right after that, you left home.
那之后,你就离开了家
And I've done fine for myself.
然后我一直过得很好
Of course you have.
当然了
You always do.
你一向如此
Aceway's settling.
艾斯维航空准备赔偿了
I heard.
我听说了
You must be happy.
你一定很开心
No, I'm... relieved.
不,我如释重负
Now I don't have to sell the house.
现在我不用卖房子了
Not this year.
今年是不用了
You know that I love you, right?
你知道我是爱你的,对吧
That you can tell me anything.
什么事你都可以告诉我
What would I have to tell you?
我有什么要告诉你的
You've always had a...
你一直对
fixation when it comes to money.
金钱有一种执念
When it comes to what you... deserve.
执着于你应得的东西
The person who killed those two men
那个杀害了两人的凶手
seems to have one, too.
似乎也是如此
I just want to help you.
我只想帮帮你
I thought it was interesting,
我觉得挺有趣的
the way he left that money behind.
他留下那些钱的做法
The killer?
那个凶手
Yesterday, he could've afforded me;
昨天他还有足够的钱养我
today he can't.
今天就没了
The world is funny that way.
世界就是这么奇妙
How much do you think you're worth, Penny?
你觉得自己的命值多少钱,佩妮
Dana Powell! Police!
黛娜·鲍威尔,我们是警察
Open the door! We have a warrant!
开门,我们有搜查令
I didn't call them.
我没有报警
We found these in your bedroom closet.
我们在你的卧室衣柜里找到了这个
They match the impressions we found in your backyard.
跟在你后院发现的鞋印吻合
That's because you used these to make them.
因为是你用这双鞋留下的
You faked the attempt on your life, didn't you?
你假装生命受到威胁,对吧
You don't have to answer that question.
你不必回答这个问题
These were your husband's shoes.
这些是你丈夫的鞋
Nick?
尼克
Who was killed on Flight 1059?
他是坐1059次航班遇难的
So? Mrs. Powell...
所以呢,鲍威尔夫人...
This is really all about your husband, is it not?
这其实都是为了你丈夫,对不对
Or, rather, the life that you had with him,
或者说是为了你以前与他共享的生活
that you still believe you're entitled to.
你认为自己仍旧该拥有的生活
The life you had before tragedy struck.
在悲剧降临前你过的生活
I'm not talking about the plane crash.
我说的不是空难
I'm talking about the first tragedy.
是第一场灾难
The gun dealer in Virginia identified your husband
弗吉尼亚的枪支卖家认出
as the man he sold the gun to.
是你丈夫买了那把枪
Nick lost partial use of one of his legs.
尼克的一条腿功能受损
That's why you moved your bedroom to the ground floor.
所以你才把卧室搬到了一楼
He could no longer make it up the stairs.
他没办法爬楼梯了
He also developed dysconjugate gaze,
他还出现了眼球共轭运动不良的症状
a misalignment of the eyes due to weakened muscle control.
因为肌肉控制力减弱导致的双眼无法对准
Both are symptoms of glioblastoma,
两者都是恶性胶质瘤的症状
a highly aggressive brain tumor.
是种致死率极高的脑部肿瘤
Now, a man develops a brain tumor,
有个人得了脑瘤
his symptoms come on fast,
症状发展极快
and then he buys a gun.
接着他买了把枪
Now, maybe he was thinking about taking his own life.
也许他想自我了结
Maybe he just wanted you to feel safe
也许他希望他死后
after he was gone.
你更加安全
Either way, it wasn't long
不管怎样,不久之后
before he started taking regular flights to Vermont.
他开始频繁飞往佛蒙特州
Well, we were thinking about buying a second home in Stowe.
我们打算在斯托(佛蒙特州滑雪胜地)再买栋房子
It's not a crime to like to ski.
喜欢滑雪不算犯法吧
Neither is physician-assisted suicide.
医生协助自杀也不犯法
At least, not in Vermont.
至少在佛蒙特州如此
Your husband was planning
你丈夫打算
to establish residency, was he not?
在那安顿下来,对吧
Looking to avail himself of the state's laws.
希望能利用该州的法律
Even if Nick had not died in a plane crash,
即使尼克没在空难中遇害
I'm guessing he only had a few months to live.
我猜他也只能活几个月了
You realized that
你意识到
if the airline hired Arlen Schrader,
如果航空公司雇了亚伦·施瑞德
his investigation would uncover your husband's illness.
他的调查会揭露你丈夫的绝症
He would factor in Nick's tragically short life expectancy
如果他算上尼克悲惨的命不久矣的因素
and you would receive a small amount.
你能得到的赔偿金就非常少了
If the airline, however, paid a fixed sum,
但如果公司按定额赔偿
you'd get millions.
你能得到数百万
This is some tale you're spinning.
这只是你们的单方面猜测
But so far, I don't hear a thing
但目前为止,我没听到
that connects Mrs. Powell to any murders.
任何证明鲍威尔夫人与凶案有关的证据
Her husband bought the gun
他丈夫买的枪
that was used to kill Henry Wilseck and Freddy Duncan.
是亨利·威赛克和弗雷迪·邓肯两案的凶器
That's not in question.
这点毋庸置疑
Now, neither is the fact that it was used
而且那晚打向她家窗户的
to fire a bullet through her window the other night.
那颗子弹也是从这把枪中射出的
Now, the gun hasn't turned up.
虽然枪暂时没找到
Doesn't mean it won't.
不代表就找不到
Even without it, I like our chances.
即使没有枪,我们胜算也很大
The Captain believes there might be a deal to be struck.
警监相信我们可以为你求求情
That you will spend the bulk
你的余生都将
of your remaining days in prison is...
在牢里度过,这事...
well, it's a virtual certainty.
已经板上钉钉了
What kind of prison, on the other hand...
但,至于什么样的牢房...
You can find yourself in a hole in the ground...
可能在阴暗的地下
Or a room with a view.
也可能有不错的视野
Somewhere with a yard, exercise equipment.
带个院子,还有运动器材
More white-collar criminals than blue.
狱友多些文明人,而不是地痞流氓
I mean...
要我说
it really just comes down to this, Mrs. Powell:
这事真的就归结于一点了,鲍威尔夫人
what do you think you deserve?
你觉得自己应得什么
Hey. I've got something to show you.
我有东西给你看
It's in the basement.
在地下室
Is that a nail gun?
那是射钉枪吗
Be right down!
马上就下来
I'm gonna use the other door.
我走另一扇门
So, what do you think?
你觉得怎么样
I think you've taken me up
我觉得你接受了
on my offer to store some of your things.
我的提议在这里存放些东西
Well, I am not storing them, I am arranging them.
不是存放,是在整理
You were right.
你说得对
It took me a while to get my balance again
我花了一段时间才再次找回平衡
and I don't want to lose that, I don't want to give it up.
我不想就这么失去,我不想放弃
So I decided to claim a little space of my own.
所以我决定要一点自己的空间
In the basement.
在地下室
Well, it's not perfect, but it'll be mine.
这里虽不完美,但完全属于我
And for either of us to get down here,
我们俩谁要下来
we'll have to physically leave the Brownstone.
都需要先从褐石屋里出来
I mean, maybe it sounds a little weird...
也许这有点奇怪...
No, not at all.
一点也不
You know, I once walled myself into a section of 221B.
我曾经一度把自己关在221B的一间屋子里
I did not leave access to a door,
我没有出门
nor did I require one for several weeks. But, um...
一连几周都待在里面,但...
Well, I'll keep my bedroom upstairs
我的卧室还在楼上
and I'll work down here.
只在这里办公
And I can have meetings with my own clients.
也可以跟我自己的客户在这见面
This way, you'll feel a little less like you're enabling me.
这样,你就不会觉得全是你在为我做决定了
Um, I'm going to need a couple of days
我需要几天时间
to clear some things out.
把一些东西清出去
Some, uh, experiments.
一些实验
Prolonged exposure could present a...
长时间处于这样的环境中可能
health risk.
会健康有害
All right, I'm not going to stop you.
行,我不拦着你
Well, then, I suppose I should see someone
这样的话,我也该约见别人
about backing out of a lease.
谈谈撤销租约的事了